Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platnium Entrepreneur

KiroTheTraveler

Question

So I am looking for advice to making over 10k platnium. (Some of you might recognise the name PS4 CaptainIMalik) 

I have a 175 plat so far and have spent some stuff like Oberon Deluxe bundle amongst other things so I have been successful so far.

What would you do if a really good weapon like the Tigris prime and does not go very high on WF market as it should?

Would you save up a bunch of Riven mods and then trade them for plat? Like you reached the riven mod cap and then proceeded to sell.

Or would you buy veiled rivens, unveil them and than trade them?

Let's say Trin Prime is going to be vaulted. How many sets would you buy/aim to sell?

Would you rather focus on farming unvaulted frame's relics as a bigger priority rather than getting lucky and obtaining the frame sets?

Advice please? Maybe think if you were in my virtual shoes and what you would do. 

Edited by CaptainStrawberry

13 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

syndicates are a very consistent source of platinum if you max it out, do the syndicate dailies and aren't high/stingy about trading away the syndicate weapons (aka you aren't high-pricing your goods)

Ahh I see. Would people buy stuff from Steel Meridan? 

If you plan ahead (and farm hard enough), then you can obtain sets of primes before they are vaulted.

Once an item goes into the vault it's price normally skyrockets if it is a desirable item. This is actually how I earned a lot of my plat once Frost, Ember, Rhino and Loki got vaulted.

Farming syndicate missions for the rep and pickups can get you things you can sell if you use the "normal" prices. Also, stockpiling the pickups can get you new relics from a prime access when they release. If you get any new parts on the first day you can sell them for a significantly higher price.

Another way I earn plat is by looking through my mods and checking out what is valuable by using sites like "warframe.market" and putting up sell offers for them at the lower price range if there are a bunch of other offers for the same mod.

Running the daily raids for arcanes can net you some quick plat if you are lucky. The real challenge comes when finding a group for it that can quickly do both.

You can also try your hand in the volatile Riven market. I can't help you there since I don't bother with it, but I have a friend who sometimes gets a large profit from rerolling.

If you have a bunch spare credits and a lot of rare mods (such as the very common Power Throw or Energy Channel) you can transmute them instead of converting them into endo or credits. It's a gamble, but using 4 rare mods gives a higher chance at getting another rare mod, meaning if you're lucky you can get something that's actually worth a bit of plat. Every once in a while I do this and I almost always make some plat in the end.

I might not have 10k plat (I have around a 7k plat grofit so far), but I also don't hardcore farm everything anymore. So, if you have enough determination (and time) you should eventually reach your goal.

P.S.

Malik is a great character. I like your taste.

Syndicates are the most reliable source of plat because there is no RNG involved. You know exactly what mod or weapon you are getting.  I've made tens of thousands of plat selling syndicate stuff.  I stopped actively  grinding syndicates a while ago because there isn't very much left for me to buy.  

It really depends how much time you have to grind and sell.  Selling mods for 15p each will get you the most plat for your standing but takes a lot of time on trade chat.  Selling weapons for 40 to 50p is easy and quick but earns less plat.  Hoard your medallions for special events like the release of popular primes (I sold over 30 Despoil mods the week Nekros Prime dropped) or new syndicate stuff (I made over 2000p when syndicate melees came out.)

Other than that, you can sell the prime stuff you collect but the bottom has fallen out of that market, even for the last few vaulted items.  It's too easy and painless for players to acquire these items on their own.  It's not worth investing time in grinding relics unless you've already done your syndicate stuff for the day.

You bring up Tigris Prime as an example.  That's one of the worst weapons to try and sell because it's MR 14 locked and most players will have found their own set by the time they get to MR 14.  An item's value is rarely based on how good it is; instead it is usually based solely on how difficult the item is to acquire.

Riven speculation is another option: buying cheap Rivens and trying for god rolls to resell, but you are really at the mercy of RNG and Riven prices are falling drastically.

Arcanes are a huge pain to acquire but the best ones are the only thing in the game that have had a steadily increasing value.

Finally, buying weapons or mods from Baro and then reselling them a couple months later is a long term strategy that could pay off. 

Ive maxed out slots for rivens.  Bought countless veiled, dealt in highend god rolls, etc.  Its not worth the hassle honestly.  Rivens are a very niche market.  You can make alot of plat, youll just be playing trade chat more than the game.  You also have to have alot of patience to sell at a decent price.  Majority of players dont meet the MR or wont spend the plat.  Good thing is ive built a really good personal collection while making some plat, but im tired of looking at trade lol.

Step 1 : Don't spend plat on stuff like deluxe bundles till you have at least few thousands.

Why ? Because you need plat to make plat. Else you will be forever stuck selling small things like junk prime sets.

Edited by ViS4GE

3 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

Why ? Because you need plat to make plat. Else you will be forever stuck selling small things like junk prime sets.

Not necessarily.

I've made thousands of plat by farming new prime sets on release. New prime warframes and weapons can be as high as 800p on the first day depending on its popularity.

I also sell Conclave capturas for 200p each, having earned a total of 800p from them so far. Given the relatively low amount of people who have the excess standing to buy capturas, they'll likely remain at around 200p for quite some time.

1 hour ago, Heckzu said:

Not necessarily.

I've made thousands of plat by farming new prime sets on release. New prime warframes and weapons can be as high as 800p on the first day depending on its popularity.

I also sell Conclave capturas for 200p each, having earned a total of 800p from them so far. Given the relatively low amount of people who have the excess standing to buy capturas, they'll likely remain at around 200p for quite some time.

Or instead of spending weeks if not months farming syndicate medalions, then using them to buy relic packs on release of new prime. Or spending countless hours in conclave, which many considers to be absolute torture he could just have plat when amazing deal happens and make few thousands in an instant.

Different example: If he right now had enough plat he could buy Arcane energize 1 by 1 and sell them as set making 1k on the spot.

What if someone randomly pops up on trade chat trying to sell Primed chamber for 30k and you grab it, later reselling for 60k. That's the difference having plat when it matters makes.

It could also be done with grind that you mentioned, but it's a real grind.

I've made most of mine +10k plat by selling a steady stream of syndicate items, selling extra event mods and vaulted primes. 

On PC, it seems like the vaulted primes and syndicate weapon market is drying up though. I haven't seen any vaulted set go for more than 300 lately. Before relics, they would go for 800 and up

15 hours ago, (PS4)Poloboyzz93 said:

Learn LoR, Nightmare LoR, and JV raids, get arcanes sell them, P parts ain't going to get you anywhere close to 10k plat  lol

Yup, could potentially make 1k+plat a week if RNG blessed you with 1 arcane energize and 1 grace. That's it. 10 weeks = 10k plat.