The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need a sniper. Your suggestions?

Northern_Psycho

Question

There has been lots of sorties with the "Sniper Only" requirements. Bows don't count of course. I want a sniper for sorties and just for fun as well. I dont know which one I should choose.
I have a Snipetron set, a Vectis Prime set ready to build, but i dont want to build weapons when not needed.

Tl:Dr : What sniper do you think is good?

:Edit:
The snipetron Vandal

Edited by Northern_Psycho
I wrote something wrong, causing some misunderstandings

15 answers to this question

Vectis Prime is a personal favourite of mine, just because I like the way it handles. If you want to go "meta" like everyone else, people are using the Rubico. I do enjoy the Rubico, but it's just really not for me. I'm willing to trade off for some "lesser" stats so that I can have a weapon I legitimately enjoy, not something that's just there to deal all of the damage.

Snipetron is pretty good, Snipetron Vandal is better. 

Lanka is something that you might want to look into as well; it got an augment recently as well that's actually pretty cool.

4 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

Vulkar Wraith with augment can deal an little less damage than Lanka... without the charged mechanic

plus its usability is great, except for the reload speed

primed fast hands =)

12 minutes ago, Telluric said:

Vectis Prime is a personal favourite of mine, just because I like the way it handles. If you want to go "meta" like everyone else, people are using the Rubico

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, people use the Vectis Prime because it's overall more usable since Rubico has a really long reload time.

That being said, Rubico is my favorite only because I have a really good Riven for it that covers up a lot of its weaknesses. If it weren't for rivens, Vectis would probably be my go to.

Well, Lanka is my personal favorite sniper rifle. It's the only one that can reach 100% crit chance without the use of Rivens or Argon Scope. It may have the crappy charge mechanic, but it also hits the hardest of any of them and has insane punchthrough. 

Vectis Prime also does fair damage, though with only 25% crit chance it doesn't quite match up in terms of damage. Same across the board for every sniper. Without Rivens or Argon Scope, they're not super fun to use.

6 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

It's the only one that can reach 100% crit chance without the use of Rivens or Argon Scope. It may have the crappy charge mechanic, but it also hits the hardest of any of them and has insane punchthrough. 

and good status...modded for gas and electricity its decent in crowds

My favorite snipers are Lanka, Vectis and Vectis Prime. I like the speed of the Vectis series. They have low zoom levels for making them more comfortable in mid range combat and you can get faster "fire rate" with their reload speeds.

I like Lanka because of it's crit and status. If you want it to do obscene amounts of damage use Mag with it. Magnetize a target and shoot it with Lanka. Watch as all that punch through makes one shot hit multiple times and destroy whatever is in there. 

Even with out Magnetize, Lanka is a serious beast. Gas Electric build does good AoE damage. 

2 hours ago, Northern_Psycho said:

There has been lots of sorties with the "Sniper Only" requirements. Bows don't count of course. I want a sniper for sorties and just for fun as well. I dont know which one I should choose.
I have a Snipetron set, a Vectis Prime set ready to build, but i dont want to build weapons when not needed.

Tl:Dr : What sniper do you think is good?

Well between the two( is it vandal or the standard?) I'd recommended the vectis p, despite some of its issues it will get you through sniper only sorties quite easily and is quite a fun weapon general.

Bit late but from what i've used...

Vectis for boss fights (hitting weak points etc) as single shots do more dmg and more consistently than snipetron v. Vectis loosing out on mob clearing with no punchthrough (u can mod but then less dmg on single shots)

Snipetron v for general (survival, defence, anything with large mob spawn rate) cus the innate punch through is amazing and fast fire rate is good for clearing a hall then moving while reloading. 

The Lanka has always been one of my personal favorites due to the innate punch-through, high status, and ability to reach/exceed 100% crit-chance when scoped. Seeing as these are things snipers should have by default, the Lanka ends up feeling like a complete package in spite of the fact it can feel a bit unwieldy.

That said, I've recently taken a liking to the Vectis and it's Prime counterpart, aside from being hitscan, it's really satisfying to get a rhythm going with them, firing a shot (or two with the Prime), quickly reloading, and firing again. They also do a fair amount of damage and their scopes are pretty short distance, which (ironically) makes them easier to use in most situations than other snipers.

Those are my top two (three?) recommendations, although I can't say the other available snipers are inferior (except maybe the vanilla Snipetron *shivers*), I'd give them all a try at some point to see which one is the best (or least clunky) to you.

Edited by Paradoxbomb