Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper-only Sorties: which gun?

(PSN)Unstar

Question

You know the drill: you're ready for your level 100 Sortie, and then you see that it's Sniper Rifles only.  What would your recommend? I don't snipe much, as I find most missions are easier to do with any other kind of weapon.

Is there a best sniper rifle for the situation where it's the only weapon you have?

Also, is there a sniper rifle that's really close to a normal rifle, so I can use it to kill lots of enemies?

Thanks!

17 answers to this question

Well. My personal favorite is the vulkar wraith since it staggers any enemy hit on every shot. this is great for locking down heavies but many people dont like it for that exact reasons since it makes getting consecutive headshots harder.

Lanka is always a good choice. very high damage and good element combos cause of base electric damage. has the downside of bullet travel time though

rubico has the highest crit chance/damage of all snipers. the zoom effect is increased crit damage. It also has the lowest hit combo. a single shot is enough to activate 1.5x damage and the increased damage is applied to the shot that activates the combo level. this means that the rubicos damage is actually 1.5x what is listed as its base damage. it hits 2x damage after only 3 shots.

my top two picks for snipers to run on sorties would be rubico/vulkar wraith.

ferrox tops all of these if it counts as a sniper for the mission

For sheer power, go with the Lanka for crazy punch-through and potential red crits, or the Rubico for the fastest meter building in the entire category and lots of damage.

If you want something that's more like an ordinary rifle if you ignore the dreadful hipfire accuracy, the Vulkar/Vulkar Wraith might be better.

However, the Vectis series can reload while scoped last I checked, which means not losing your accuracy after reloading.

my normal go to sniper is vectis prime or lanka. even so, i normally end up bringing a HEAVY ability dmg frame to just say "F@#$ YOU" to the rng of sniper only.

p.s. easy cheese: bring titania. minimode will pick up w/e mods are on it and tear thru everything rapid fire.

Any. Sniper rifles are pretty useless in general. Chances are you will kill it with abilities anyway. That being said, lanka is one of the least annoying weapons if you will forma it and stuff fire rate mods. The downside is it's only elemental.

Edited by -Temp0-

For the Raptor Assassination, I used Vectis Prime modded for Radiation and Viral.  I used Ash's Seeking Shuriken to strip armor and just shoot him while invisible.  I don't snipe much as well that I had a hard time with 2nd zoom level for 10x damage.  So most of the time I was only on 1st level for 4x damage.

It took awhile solo since the raptors sometime stay on one side of the room that I don't have much time to bring the bomb to an active Gravity Conveyor on the opposite side.

Good luck!

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

Well, Lanka is the only Sniper Rifle capable of getting 100% crit chance without Rivens or Argon Scope, and has some of the most consistent damage because of that. 

Charge time and being projectile-based are the downsides, but those don't really affect me when I use it because I have fire rate mods on and I can properly lead a target.