Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

+Critical Chance on Slide needs to be removed or changed

Magneu

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)lotus503 said:

I disagree thats its an issue at all. Someone is just pissed they dont have plat for the rivens they want.

I don't use maiming strike, but with other combinations I can last multi hour survivals. No macroing on consoles.

Fact is you arent affected by anyone using this mod and technique. If your on star chart missions dozens of combos can impact your kill stat. Sorties are about objectives and are over before you can fire off a focus ability. Defense and survival are exceptions of course in that case I appreciate the DPS and can usually outshine anyone with Mesa anyways.

No you just want to nerf stuff because of your opinion, not actual in game experience or impact.

Just for the record, I could buy multiple Maiming Strikes. In any case, that is irrelevant.

I am directly affected by anybody using that strategy, as I have to actively avoid that player in my match spamming the spin attack. If I am near that player, odds are I get nothing to shoot at, and at that point what's the point in playing the game (yes, I believe gameplay itself is a reward, not just what the end screen says). Contrary to what many believe, balance is actually needed in a PvE game, as the enjoyment of players is the primary prerogative; not who killed who more, but enjoyment. If a player can't get into a game without someone abusing a massive AOE (see Tonkor, Synoid Simulor, Maiming Strike Atterax) to kill everything near them, that player isn't going to enjoy their time in the game while Timmy Power-Gamer revels in his power trip over AI enemies. 

Being able to last multi-hour survivals with other set-ups is not what I am concerned about. In fact, I'm (news flash) ok with that! What I'm not ok with is mechanics being abused in a way to gain unintended levels of damage with the only cost being an expensive mod, with absolutely no skill requirement.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)lotus503 said:

No you just want to nerf stuff because of your opinion, not actual in game experience or impact.

Aside from how asinine this remark is (my opinion is formed from my in game experience (all 4k+ hours on Steam and god knows how many in-game counter days), that is a complete strawman "argument". I want the +crit chance on slide mechanic nerfed because its interactions with Blood Rush, combined with certain weapons, leads to broken levels of power at a low skill ceiling, trivializing the game. Ergo, DE makes stronger enemies, people complain about stronger enemies, enemies get nerfed, and players continue to Beyblade through any new content DE makes, proceeding to complain that the game isn't challenging.

That good enough for you, or are you just going to put more words in my mouth?

Edited by Magneu

2 hours ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

If you are weaker and slower than your teammates, you should always cry about nerf something and create a special topic about this.

The only real problem here is macros using. 

It's not about kills (I tend to get at least 25-35% in most matches even playing Harrow; I have no problem keeping pace).

It's not about me being "jealous" about a player having some sort of power I don't (at MR24 and with significant arcane/riven/mod/forma investments, I can rather easily match or exceed most of the playerbase in "power".

It's not even about macros; unless it is used to repeat inhumanely-fast actions that abuse mechanics, I'm ok with QoL macros, or macros for those with disabilities.

This is about game balance as a whole. +Crit chance on slide is a mechanic that interacts with Blood Rush on certain weapons in ways that make it scale better than practically anything else in the game at single-target, while also gaining massive range advantage over every other melee class, not to mention guns/certain Warframe AOE powers (hell, whips hit a larger area than launchers!). This is about people abusing that combination to levels of cheese where they deem it not important to actually play the game, preferring to spam an AOE death-field that kills everything in it, taking practically no skill. When you've resorted to that level of "playing", why even load up the game? That's like me starting up Solitaire, entering a cheat that makes me win, then declaring that I'm good at Solitaire. No, I've just abused some sort of loophole/exploit in order to "win"

3 hours ago, Magneu said:

That's like me starting up Solitaire, entering a cheat that makes me win, then declaring that I'm good at Solitaire

Absolutely incorrect comparison. Blood Rush+Maiming Strike builds are very ineffective against high-level single targets without high numbers of combo-counter.(in that case something like 100% status Lesion is much better)

But they are in the right place when you need to kill quickly groups of enemies. And there is no any problem in this. You think it's brainless, but it's not more brainless than for example Ignis spam, which cleans rooms much faster. Or defence\survival missions with AFK-Zenistar abusing massively. So, it's just your own opinion. The problem does not exist.

taking practically no skill

So you really think that very simple combinations in other melee, which in most cases are EE pause EEE, take more skill than slide attack ? Seriously ?

Your arguments are based on your personal feelings. Objectively, there is no real problem. You don't like it - just don't use it. Very simple.

Аnother one real problem I see is a nerf-mentality.

I get nothing to shoot at,

You can be faster, and he would be nothing to slide at. 

that player isn't going to enjoy their time in the game

Tastes differ. If you don't like his playstyle it does not mean he don't enjoy the gameplay. He can think the same about your favorite guns and frames.

Edited by --Dark_Rage--

10 hours ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

Absolutely incorrect comparison. Blood Rush+Maiming Strike builds are very ineffective against high-level single targets without high numbers of combo-counter.(in that case something like 100% status Lesion is much better)

High level single targets... when does that happen exactly? What you're saying here is the equivalent of "It only works in 99.9% of cases, so it's fine." The only time you fight those kinds of enemies is when you fight bosses that do not spawn any additonal enemies and are immune to slash procs.

And even then, someone using a Blood Rush+Maiming Strike build can simply blast that one enemy with something like a Tigris Prime and be done with it, since actually switching to your melee weapon is not necessary for such a build.

But they are in the right place when you need to kill quickly groups of enemies. And there is no any problem in this. You think it's brainless, but it's not more brainless than for example Ignis spam, which cleans rooms much faster. Or defence\survival missions with AFK-Zenistar abusing massively. So, it's just your own opinion. The problem does not exist.

So, what happens if you try killing high level enemies with an Ignis? Just about nothing. It doesn't deal enough damage to be relevant in higher levels, but even if it did, two wrongs don't make a right anyways.

So you really think that very simple combinations in other melee, which in most cases are EE pause EEE, take more skill than slide attack ? Seriously ?

Your arguments are based on your personal feelings. Objectively, there is no real problem. You don't like it - just don't use it. Very simple.

That's a problem with melee in general. Instead of making combos that are awkwardly triggered with button combinations that don't work properly with higher attack speeds, it would have been much better to have a melee combat system that allows you to chain light and heavy attacks similar to games like Dynasty Warriors. That would allow players to actually choose which combo they want.

But I guess there wouldn't be any unused buttons to allow players to do two types of attacks... oh wait, we do have two buttons for two firing modes on primaries and secondaries, on top of a reload button, which is unused when using melee (outside of dual wielding) and curiously located right next to the melee attack button on the keyboard. All joking aside, it's not going to happen anyway. Would be a ton of work to make all those new animations or recycle old ones to fit in.

44 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

High level single targets... when does that happen exactly? What you're saying here is the equivalent of "It only works in 99.9% of cases, so it's fine." The only time you fight those kinds of enemies is when you fight bosses that do not spawn any additonal enemies and are immune to slash procs.

This argument sounds like "I don't go farther than Mercury level, I don't see high-levels, so this stuff is OP". That's not serious.

So, what happens if you try killing high level enemies with an Ignis? Just about nothing.

Absolutely the same happens when you try to kill high-level enemy with Atterax without high numbers of combo-counter and without 4 CP (if they are not Infested )

That's a problem with melee in general. Instead of making combos that are awkwardly triggered with button combinations that don't work properly with higher attack speeds, it would have been much better to have a melee combat system that allows you to chain light and heavy attacks similar to games like Dynasty Warriors. That would allow players to actually choose which combo they want.

I don't see any problem with melee. I use different types of melee depending on my mood. For example such as Atterax is better against groups, but such things as Nikana or Kamas are more effective against strong single targets. (espesially if you don't use such things as Naramon in current mission).

been much better to have a melee combat system that allows you to chain light and heavy attacks similar to games like Dynasty Warriors

Oh no. Not Dynasty Warriors. The combat system in that game is much less interactive than in Warframe. Much simplier.

One question. If in your opinion such stuff as Blood Rush+Maiming Strike is a problem, so why your most used melee weapons are Atterax and Secura Lecta with huge amount of kills ? How can you explain it ? You use what you don't like ? What reason ?

Edited by --Dark_Rage--

totally agree.

In Melee 2.0 everyone just slide,slide and mxther fxcked again and again.

So now,after Tonker been Nerfed, whips also need been Nerfed

Tonkor just can deal a AOE damage in 25πm^2, whips can deal much more damage in  144πm^2

6 times powerful

Also ,basically every MOD can make a weapon deal 30%~120% more damage

However this number on maiming strike is 300%:angry:  

Edited by MartinZhou1998

There are ways to combat this without directly touching stats, such as adding a stagger and recovery animation like with Cleaving Whirlwind's Broken Bull to act as a soft cooldown between several consecutive strikes.

I am more irritated by the fact that Argon Scope and its counterparts in the other categories were not added to the riven stat pool while Maiming Strike was!

>:(

20 hours ago, Magneu said:

Just for the record, I could buy multiple Maiming Strikes. In any case, that is irrelevant.

I am directly affected by anybody using that strategy, as I have to actively avoid that player in my match spamming the spin attack. If I am near that player, odds are I get nothing to shoot at, and at that point what's the point in playing the game (yes, I believe gameplay itself is a reward, not just what the end screen says). Contrary to what many believe, balance is actually needed in a PvE game, as the enjoyment of players is the primary prerogative; not who killed who more, but enjoyment. If a player can't get into a game without someone abusing a massive AOE (see Tonkor, Synoid Simulor, Maiming Strike Atterax) to kill everything near them, that player isn't going to enjoy their time in the game while Timmy Power-Gamer revels in his power trip over AI enemies. 

Being able to last multi-hour survivals with other set-ups is not what I am concerned about. In fact, I'm (news flash) ok with that! What I'm not ok with is mechanics being abused in a way to gain unintended levels of damage with the only cost being an expensive mod, with absolutely no skill requirement.

Aside from how asinine this remark is (my opinion is formed from my in game experience (all 4k+ hours on Steam and god knows how many in-game counter days), that is a complete strawman "argument". I want the +crit chance on slide mechanic nerfed because its interactions with Blood Rush, combined with certain weapons, leads to broken levels of power at a low skill ceiling, trivializing the game. Ergo, DE makes stronger enemies, people complain about stronger enemies, enemies get nerfed, and players continue to Beyblade through any new content DE makes, proceeding to complain that the game isn't challenging.

That good enough for you, or are you just going to put more words in my mouth?

You are making a philosophical argument to support your cherry picking of a perceived imbalance.

Many combos that trivialized the star chart exist, many of those are much more intrusive on you having stuff to shoot at.

Maim Range build

WOF

Peacemaker

Spores range build

When we talk about actual level of power and ability to kill in endless, Many things are on par with your cherry picked example. Condition overload is arguably better than maiming strike on higher level content. Especially when paired with 100% status primary, secondary.

Endless missions have tons of real estate, why are you running behind the dude with an atterax? If your not doing endless every one of the examples above are much more intrusive to you having stuff to kill.

Thats my point, the end result of the type of balance you want requires nerfing a multitude of things. Once thats done there will always be the person who doesn't feel they need a decent weapon and they are upset your weapon with 6 formas makes it tough for them to get kills. The balance you want is simply not achievable because someone will always find a way to kill the stuff you want to kill. 

The focus should be on you creating the environment you want to play in, by choosing teammates that share your values and play with the weapons, mods and frame combinations you like. The other solutions is to make all weapons do the exact same damage, get rid of warframe powers, so you can have the perfectly level playing field your looking for.

6 hours ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

This argument sounds like "I don't go farther than Mercury level, I don't see high-levels, so this stuff is OP". That's not serious.

Sorry, but no. That is precisely your Ignis argument.

Absolutely the same happens when you try to kill high-level enemy with Atterax without high numbers of combo-counter and without 4 CP (if they are not Infested )

If you don't know how to build your Atterax that would be correct. For those who do know, it's not an issue at all. Ever tried it with Relentless Combination and Weeping Wounds? Guess not, because that kind of build doesn't care much whether your enemy is level 50 or 200. Armor doesn't matter.

I don't see any problem with melee. I use different types of melee depending on my mood. For example such as Atterax is better against groups, but such things as Nikana or Kamas are more effective against strong single targets. (espesially if you don't use such things as Naramon in current mission).

Again, when do you use your melee against those elusive strong single targets? What situation are you even talking about? A properly built Atterax kills anything that isn't immune to slash procs with ease.

Oh no. Not Dynasty Warriors. The combat system in that game is much less interactive than in Warframe. Much simplier.

Much simpler? How so? I fail to see how you can get less interactive than mashing one button. But maybe the later parts of Dynasty Warriors changed the combat. I only played 4.

One question. If in your opinion such stuff as Blood Rush+Maiming Strike is a problem, so why your most used melee weapons are Atterax and Secura Lecta with huge amount of kills ? How can you explain it ? You use what you don't like ? What reason ?

Thank you for noticing that I know quite well just how broken the Atterax is with Blood Rush and Maiming Strike. I mean, do you think you can kill that many enemies with a weak weapon?

Why do I use it? Farming focus and to get around the broken armor scaling... oh, and to farm mutagen samples for Hema. I mean, they drop at about a 1% drop rate without boosters, so 1000 samples means 100k kills.

Usually people like to point out when they see that the people complaining about a weapon don't use it themselves, but now you complain that I do use it. Weird how that works.

8 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

Your words ?

If you don't understand what i mean, i don't know how to explain you such elementary thing that mobs don't always go strictly in a row, so if you meet a single heavy target (Bombards,Napalms,Bursas and etc.) with zero combo-counter at that moment, killing it fast is a problem. I mean as fast as killing a group of enemies with minimum 2-2.5X combo-counter. 

1 hour ago, Tyrian3k said:

If you don't know how to build your Atterax that would be correct. For those who do know, it's not an issue at all. Ever tried it with Relentless Combination and Weeping Wounds? Guess not, because that kind of build doesn't care much whether your enemy is level 50 or 200. Armor doesn't matter.

Thank you sensei for the advice, but i tested all variants of Atterax builds and i know how to build it. And your Relentless Combination+Weeping Wounds without minimum 2-2.5X combo-counter is nothing.

If you don't understand again what i'm talking about, just go Simulacrum and take a single 145 level Bombard\Bailiff\Napalm\Bursa or another heavy unit, and try to kill it fast.

Most likely it will take you minimum 15 slide attacks +- depending on build.

And then take 100% status Lesion which kills 145 level Heavy Bombard in just a few hits.

And just compare. Everything here is obvious, what weapon is OP and what mechanic is "broken".

1 hour ago, Tyrian3k said:

Usually people like to point out when they see that the people complaining about a weapon don't use it themselves, but now you complain that I do use it. Weird how that works

No,i just surprised that you complain on mechanic that you use by yourself.

It looks like you got tired of this, and now you want to ruin the gameplay to other players by supporting this "Plz-Nerf" crying.

I'm not interested in continuing this discussion about nothing.

Hello! You mention slide attacks being annoying and skill issues but I feel it boils down to you want to play a team game not be in a team with one person hogging the objective. Person X is using method Y to kill 80% of the mobs rendering everyone else useless or to twiddle their thumbs. That I can understand:highfive:. I'd like to believe everyone can. I personally would like to see more content/missions where i can still use my .....spin2win:devil:(rather i like melee and want it to still be a viable way to play) but still having everyone in the squad relevant without needing hours in an endless mission to get there. The Gift of the Tennocon alert with its lvl 9999 enemies was fun but some nodes with 1000+ enemies(XD with equally rewarding loot) would be nice. 

Though as it would trivialize focus farm I dont see it happening to soon:sad:.

5 hours ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

Your words ?

If you don't understand what i mean, i don't know how to explain you such elementary thing that mobs don't always go strictly in a row, so if you meet a single heavy target (Bombards,Napalms,Bursas and etc.) with zero combo-counter at that moment, killing it fast is a problem. I mean as fast as killing a group of enemies with minimum 2-2.5X combo-counter. 

Thank you sensei for the advice, but i tested all variants of Atterax builds and i know how to build it. And your Relentless Combination+Weeping Wounds without minimum 2-2.5X combo-counter is nothing.

If you don't understand again what i'm talking about, just go Simulacrum and take a single 145 level Bombard\Bailiff\Napalm\Bursa or another heavy unit, and try to kill it fast.

Most likely it will take you minimum 15 slide attacks +- depending on build.

And then take 100% status Lesion which kills 145 level Heavy Bombard in just a few hits.

And just compare. Everything here is obvious, what weapon is OP and what mechanic is "broken".

Again, when do you encounter single level 145 Bombards with your combo counter down? Because I only see those appear in missions that throw enemies at you by the dozens. I don't care what kind of situation you can create in a simulacrum, in which the Atterax may not be the best weapon, if the situation does not exist outside of the simulacrum.

15 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

What if i told you that this move already got fixed?

Still works quite well on Lesion, as shocking as it might sound to you. But yes they did seem to do something with it. 

Range is still main issue, even more so with + range rivens id imagine.

14 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Still works quite well on Lesion, as shocking as it might sound to you. But yes they did seem to do something with it. 

Range is still main issue, even more so with + range rivens id imagine.

I know that lesion is savage. But your point was that range is the problem. And lesion is pretty much the opposite of lecta when it comes to this.

And lesion has a 1/5 disposition so the rivens it will get will be mostly useless.

34 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I know that lesion is savage. But your point was that range is the problem. And lesion is pretty much the opposite of lecta when it comes to this.

And lesion has a 1/5 disposition so the rivens it will get will be mostly useless.

Range is the problem on many weapons, melee weapon shouldnt hit half room. You can go back to standard crit build and it's still range that's the issue, because for example Tekko can deal just as much dmg to single enemy as Atterax, but you wont insta clear room with it. 

Also I wouldn't call lesion opposite to lecta, it's more of a middle ground between tekko and lecta. I'm not sure if you are aware, but even weak disposition rivens can have 80%~ more range. That's rather decent amount, especially if they already had huge base range to begin with. While less popular weapons probably can have 200~ more on rivens,  combined with p reach that gives +365%~ increase. I have 176% on 4/5 disposition weapon personally, add p reach and it gets crazy.

Edited by ViS4GE

3 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

Range is the problem on many weapons, melee weapon shouldnt hit half room. You can go back to standard crit build and it's still range that's the issue, because for example Tekko can deal just as much dmg to single enemy as Atterax, but you wont insta clear room with it. 

Also I wouldn't call lesion opposite to lecta, it's more of a middle ground between tekko and lecta. I'm not sure if you are aware, but even weak disposition rivens can have 80%~ more range. That's rather decent amount, especially if they already had huge base range to begin with. While less popular weapons probably can have 200~ more on rivens,  combined with p reach that gives +365%~ increase. I have 176% on 4/5 disposition weapon personally, add p reach and it gets crazy.

Exactly. The hidden gem for rivens will be tipedo/tonbo rivens with range as a stat. Maiming strike, Blood rush and all those other crit mods are not the issue, it is the fact some weapons can 10x more enemies compared to another shorter ranged weapon.

See I don't know why mods like Maiming Strike is even a thing.  You have a melee system with combos, charge attacks, channeling, parrying (lol), slam attacks, sliding attacks, etc.  Yet you make a mod that just buffs ONE out of all the above moves.  This mod literally encourages spamming one move over and over because it is fast, does the most damage, 360 degree aoe, and does not suffer from any downside except you might want to use a macro, which might be a hassle to some.

This is the wrong way of doing things.  And they're already falling into this trap again by adding charge attack only mechanics to certain weapons.  They keep trying to justify the resource wasted in bring back charge attack by buffing it all the ways they can imagine, at some point that will boil over and we're back to Melee 1.0 days spamming charge attacks.  And it doesn't matter what it is,  they do the same to Channeling, player would turn toggle to Channeling on, and won't ever turn it off.  STOP EMPOWERING ONE MOVE OVER ALL THE OTHERS. 

See at least generic mods like Pressure Point don't really change how you play, it makes sure all the moves benefit from it.  Spamming does not make for interesting gameplay, stop it.

And before you tell me "Oh then don't spam it then lol", doesn't work that way when you're trying to push for higher and higher level content and need to make sure you're not gimping yourself.  If I want to do that, I would be doing challenge runs, and that's an entirely different goal to pushing higher difficulty.

9 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

Low range melees are simply useless for most gameplay that's why they won't get played or at least not without primed reach. You want to hit that tech in 1m range? Or every single enemy of these 20 one by one? Pah, don't kid yourself. The big problem lies in scaling. Longer ranged melees are just good enough to ignore that problem. (Small side note: Fist weapons are for some reason one of the slowest melees and therefore makes the tekko even more useless to use)

5 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Exactly. The hidden gem for rivens will be tipedo/tonbo rivens with range as a stat. Maiming strike, Blood rush and all those other crit mods are not the issue, it is the fact some weapons can 10x more enemies compared to another shorter ranged weapon.

Pretty sure once i get my hands on a ninkondi riven, you will say otherwise. Anyway, long ranged melees aren't a problem, they are a blessing. But while whips have the longest range, they are ugly to use and spin-exclusive due to having very bad quick melee.

Edited by IceColdHawk

On 7/7/2017 at 0:49 PM, Tyrian3k said:

Sorry, but no. That is precisely your Ignis argument.

Again, when do you use your melee against those elusive strong single targets? What situation are you even talking about? A properly built Atterax kills anything that isn't immune to slash procs with ease.

Much simpler? How so? I fail to see how you can get less interactive than mashing one button. But maybe the later parts of Dynasty Warriors changed the combat. I only played 4.

Thank you for noticing that I know quite well just how broken the Atterax is with Blood Rush and Maiming Strike. I mean, do you think you can kill that many enemies with a weak weapon?

Why do I use it? Farming focus and to get around the broken armor scaling... oh, and to farm mutagen samples for Hema. I mean, they drop at about a 1% drop rate without boosters, so 1000 samples means 100k kills.

Usually people like to point out when they see that the people complaining about a weapon don't use it themselves, but now you complain that I do use it. Weird how that works.

I use the atterax, I use it in long solo endurance runs, it falls off where every top tier weapon falls off at the two hour mark.  At 1 hour I have many options to kill everything before you get a chance. 

First, I think you missed the mark on what is Overpowered. 

On 7/4/2017 at 6:30 PM, Magneu said:

The Atterax/Maiming Strike/Blood Rush combo is probably one of the strongest in the game. I've seen it and Naramon be used to cheese five hour survivals.

The key word in that quote is Naramon. I don't think that 5 hour survival would have worked without It... Maybe it should be removed from the game?

Also scaling is still busted. Why nerf everything so those of us who only play long missions are hurt? Besides that, I have a good few weapons that make Swiss cheese out of most units until level 150+. Then I have to spend another second shooting them or hitting them over the head. 

If you think it is too powerful, then don't use it. That's the beautiful thing about Warframe. We have tons of weapons. I hardly even see people use Atterax all the time anyway.

Something tells me that you don't play much high level Warframe, if you did your responses to arguments would be much different. Make sure you have extensively played the game before suggesting a mechanic be removed.

Edited by RacerDelux

On 2017-07-06 at 6:06 PM, Magneu said:

mechanics being abused in a way to gain unintended levels of damage with the only cost being an expensive mod, with absolutely no skill requirement.

Melee weapons are already completely broken, Maiming strike or not. I can one-shot enemies with levels in the multiple hundreds without it, and without using a whip.

What you're complaining about is other people doing more overkill damage than you, which is completely absurd.

A teammates doing 500k damage and instantly killing an enemy leads to the same result as another teammate doing 2 million damage and also one-shotting the enemy.

Is that balanced? Who the hell cares. DE isn't balancing the game towards enemies capable of surviving those damage numbers.

If you want to be angry at something, or want something changed, complain at DE for constantly adding powercreep.