Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeking a new frame for the end of the world

(XBOX)Altyear

Question

My Saryn Prime is easily my "main". And with her current build, I am able to complete pretty much all mission types at any difficulty. However, I am itching to try something new. So here's the question:

What is another Warframe (like my saryn) that can be built to succeed in most mission types at endgame? 

Note: my saryn build includes regerative molt and maxed vitality for increased survivability, and contagion cloud with a Mios for high damage output. Other warframes with decent survivability and damage output are a must.

12 answers to this question

Inaros (with 5k and then some in hp, is a walking tank), Nidus (mops the everywhere), Harrow (grants energy, deals in headshots), Nekros (with energy), Rhino, Wukong, Chroma (if built correctly), Atlas (if built correctly), Limbo (use with care; best in Sortie defensive missions), Ash (if wielded correctly).

These are frames I've used, so they may not be all of the frames that can endgame.

Inaros may be a good choice if you want to play melee (probable if you're a Saryn player).

He has pretty good survivabilty, almost infite energy with Rage and good CC with his first power. He dont directly deal damages but you can use the first power to immobilize targets for easy headshot or just use the stealth melee damage boost / do some finishers for HP regen.
Plus, he is immunite to status effect with his 4th augment, so no more slow by ice status or one shot by toxin dot !

However, it may be a bit boring to play since you only actively use one power (Desiccation), so it may be not the best frame if you want to change for another power kit instead just different type of play.

2 minutes ago, Extroah said:

I hate to be that guy, but any warframe if you play them right. I play every mission with Excalibur, no problem yet, except in some sorties like energy reduction defense without a frosts globe.

I see where you're coming from, but you wouldn't use frames like Loki in a defense, and no matter how I mod Oberon, he still seems to lack in most areas. 

Harrow (ops, consoles doesn't have him yet)

Fire Chroma (he has limited self heal with Elemental Ward and increase his damage output with Vex Armor)

Nidus (first skill scales, has passive self regeneration and can reduce the damaged received with 3° ability on enemy)

Oberon (with Phoenix Renewal, that grants 1 extra life every 90 seconds, and Hallowed Ground + Reckoning combo, this one can scale greatly against armored enemies... or at least, can spread chaos with radiation procs)

if you don't care that much for self regeneration (let Medi-Ray do his job, Life Strike or allies), Ember with Flash Accelerant (the augment grants fire damage for all weapons like an mod and the ability itself increases any kind of fire damage) and Volt (increase movement and attack speed) could be your next options, because they can be built for stunlock and has some kind of boost for your Mios

Every Warframe has strengths and weaknesses, but if you're looking for another caster brawler, you can try Mag and Oberon. Mag is heavily offensive support while Oberon is heavily defensive support, but both do very well at it.

Mag is amazing for zone control, heavy AOE damage with the proper weapons and use of her Magnetize(Talkin' millions of damage), and as a cheap CC, Pull can't be beat. Even Crush is useful in a team, as it hard-knockdowns anything caught in it, and it's got quite the range. Polarize is good too, but only really for quick shield refresh(And Shield Transference) and generating shrapnel for magnetize. Also, Magnetize can create bubbles of cover where various forms of damage can be evaded, with the exception of melee enemies and explosions. Very useful.

Oberon is defensive, but opens enemies up for attack by redirecting their aggro with radiation procs, stripping armor, supplying knockdowns, and supports the team on the offensive for sustained skirmishes with his renewal, and can even stop them dying with Phoenix Renewal, one of his augments. While his damage isn't amazing in higher level play, his abilities are very helpful even past their damage reliability because of their amazing crowd control and team-support.

I haven't played that much frames yet (Maybe 8 or something) but I'd say Nidus (crowd control and pretty tanky, first ability for stacks which makes you stronger, second ability to take groups together at once) and Rhino (second ability for armor, third ability for team support and yourself, fourth ability to make the battlefield freeze if you have enough power range)

I've played banshee too and her fourth ability is very good if built correctly. (Most of the time used in defense missions for xp farming)

On 7/8/2017 at 7:45 PM, (Xbox One)Altyear said:

I see where you're coming from, but you wouldn't use frames like Loki in a defense, and no matter how I mod Oberon, he still seems to lack in most areas. 

Um, you can certainly use Loki in a defense.  Irradiating Disarm is a thing.  (And Safeguard Switch for sortie defense.)  Loki is my go-to for sortie defense on the Kuva Fortress.

Also, for a survivable frame that puts out damage, you could try Mesa.

On 09.07.2017 at 6:36 AM, Extroah said:

I hate to be that guy, but any warframe if you play them right. I play every mission with Excalibur, no problem yet, except in some sorties like energy reduction defense without a frosts globe.

^

If you're able to do anything with Saryn any frame will do.

Kek. Someone never heard of disarm and irradiating disarm with max range. It was a thing since forever especially back when T4 defense was still there. 

New Limbo probably can do any mission that exists currently but honestly going in and out of the rift as well as closely looking at enemies at all times monitoring where they are is a bit of too much for majority of players.

That aside maining something in game such as this is kind of a joke. It's not some rpg, not moba or anything. You can easily play as many frames as you want. 

Edited by -Temp0-

My first thoughts were inaros with negation swarm augment and (primed)vigor in the build with the usual rage/health/armor mods... other 3 basically up to you.

If you want something with a little more offensive capability then you could look at nidus, frost, harrow (although obviously can do support too), volt (capacitance build) and oberon (phoenix renewal build) which is also surprisingly strong.

It depends if you enjoy using your weapons mostly (as well as which type of weapons); your frame abilities mostly; or a combination of the two.

My recommendations would be Inaros for the first, Nidus for the second, and Harrow, Mesa, or Excalibur for the last. There are many others, but for me they don't have both survivability and damage, or else trap you too much into one build.

I mained Frost for a good while. However, ever since getting Nidus, he's been my main frame for most missions and sorties (except energy reduction sorties; that one makes it a little difficult to consistently build up stacks without spamming pizzas). I can solo Hydron all the way up to Wave 20 with very little trouble. He's easily one of my favorite frames, right after Valkyr (she's my Waifu).