Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So um....Ballas has officially been welcomed into my nightmares.

TheGodofWiFi

That 'gigeresque' xenomorph looking hand -and the teeth specially- give me the creeps.

Nervertheless I always pictured orokin more as an ivory skinned, slender, regal inhumane looking fellows (modern space jockeys maybe? Less bulky though).

I really like his design he looks like the Greek god of the underworld hit those clothes, his athletic figure and the deformed arm to make him scarry. Maybe the arm is some sort of wanted mutation, he was an executor after all. Maybe the orokin manipulated their bodys to adapt on special tasks. 

15 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Just because his design isn't symmetrical, doesn't mean it isn't Orokin.
This is after all, the only concept we've seen. This may not even be the Orokin's true form.

It's entirely possible. Some players theorize that it's Ballas but after a long time surviving in a Tower or something. But the image itself does not make me think "Oh sweet mercy... it's a god." but more "kill it with fire!". It's an interesting take, don't get me wrong. A granite statue look is interesting and Warframe is known for some weird stuff. But does not hit the mark for me. 

This art work goes against A LOT of lore about Ballas and how the Orokin look.

100% against this since it doesn't match up with the voice. I do think this art work is pretty ugly, mainly due to the skimpy outfit they have him wearing. I really don't picture Ballas being someone in a skimpy outfit that's extremely deformed but with that drawing of him it seems they want him to be that. Along with making him look less intelligent. 

Edited by KisaPrime

On 16/07/2017 at 3:41 AM, KisaPrime said:

I do think this art work is pretty ugly, mainly due to the drag queen outfit they have him wearing. I really don't picture Ballas being a drag queen but with that drawing of him it seems they want him to be that. 

Dude, the drag queen comments are uncalled for. They're taking on a style similar to ancient Romans or Greeks.

On 7/17/2017 at 4:19 AM, TheGodofWiFi said:

Dude, the drag queen comments are uncalled for. They're taking on a style similar to ancient Romans or Greeks.

You become offended too easily and taking it personally but I did think of a better way of explaining what I meant. He's wearing a skimpy outfit. 

On 21/07/2017 at 5:05 PM, KisaPrime said:

You become offended too easily

Actually no. The way you worded your sentence seemed to carry a "I hate drag queens" tone. I've seen your other comments on a separate thread, in which you again bring up drag queens in a hostile manner. No one wants to hear personal opinions like that anywhere. Seeing as how you've now changed it to skimpy, I'd say you actually recognised it was actually quite uncalled for.

On 21/07/2017 at 5:05 PM, KisaPrime said:

He's wearing a skimpy outfit. 

He's wearing an outfit similar to Greek or Roman style. There are quite a few god characters in video games that have similar style like the the Olympians from God of War.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

9 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Actually no. The way you worded your sentence seemed to carry a "I hate drag queens" tone. I've seen your other comments on a separate thread, in which you again bring up drag queens in a hostile manner. No one wants to hear personal opinions like that anywhere. Seeing as how you've now changed it to skimpy, I'd say you actually recognised it was actually quite uncalled for.

He's wearing an outfit similar to Greek or Roman style. There are quite a few god characters in video games that have similar style like the the Olympians from God of War.

Think what you want.

I only edited it because of sensitive people like you complaining about it being an issue when I wasn't putting people who do that down. I just don't want Ballas to be one because that would honestly kill the character. 

Edited by KisaPrime

9 hours ago, KisaPrime said:

I only edited it because of sensitive people like you

I don't think so. More like you've realised that since everyone said the drag queen comments were bad, that it was actually offensive. That's like saying people who get offended by hate speech are being "overly sensitive".

9 hours ago, KisaPrime said:

I just don't want Ballas to be one because that would honestly kill the character. 

Ballas is not a drag queen. Like I've already said a number of times, he is based on ancient Roman/Greek style, which fits perfectly with the Orokin being godlike in appearance. Apparently any man wearing a toga is automatically a drag queen to you.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

6 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I don't think so. More like you've realised that since everyone said the drag queen comments were bad, that it was actually offensive. That's like saying people who get offended by hate speech are being "overly sensitive".

Ballas is not a drag queen. Like I've already said a number of times, he is based on ancient Roman/Greek style, which fits perfectly with the Orokin being godlike in appearance. Apparently any man wearing a toga is automatically a drag queen to you.

So you think you know what all I think? smh Whatever helps you sleep at night. I never thought it was offensive to begin with because I wasn't taking a jab at drag queens, I just don't like a characters that don't fit the theme of a game and having ballas as that is just wrong. 

Ancient Roman/Greeks didn't wear stuff that skin tight and all those statues of them shows it. Either they were naked or the stuff was still loose on them and their outfits look a billion times better than what crap Ballas has on. Though I do like the long thing that's draped on him but the skimpy mini dress and shoes are what make him look like how drag queens would dress. 

Edited by KisaPrime

Good Lord, that is a creepy image.  Props to whoever made it originally.  

On 7/17/2017 at 3:37 AM, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

"RETURN THE SLAAAAB...."

"RETURN THE SLAAAAB, OR SUFFER MY CUUURSE..."

"What's your offer!?"

"All you must do is ask.  The asking is yours."

"If you would have what you wish, then give me mine."  

On 25/07/2017 at 4:09 PM, KisaPrime said:

I never thought it was offensive to begin

Which just shows how out of touch you are.

On 25/07/2017 at 4:09 PM, KisaPrime said:

Ancient Roman/Greeks didn't wear stuff that skin tight and all those statues of them shows it

Really. You're basing your entire knowledge of ancient clothing on a few statues? I suppose you think everyone ran around half naked or fully naked in that case.

Toga's were not jumpsuits but they also weren't so loose that they'd fall off. Ballas clothing is not skin tight. 

So because in your opinion the clothing is too tight and the shoes (which really don't look like anything anyone would wear at all in this day and age) Ballas looks like a drag queen. 

You must have a very limited world view as the majority of drag queens don't dress up in skin tight clothing.

On 7/10/2017 at 11:05 AM, TheGodofWiFi said:

dm2MoqB.jpg

Seriously, of all the ways I pictured Ballas this was not one of them. That oddly soothing voice from the trailers just cannot come from this....thing. Imagine waking up from the Second Dream to find this staring at you from a dark corner across the room. Just what the hell is going on with this thing?

I thought the Orokin were supposed to be beautiful DE....

Edit: You can thank wubwub- for this example of childhood trauma.

6bsb5KF.png

Maybe he didn't look like that before the old war happened, his appearance in this artwork picture is exactly how i would imagine something that lived for so long without aging and dying would look like after many years... Kinda like Dracula and demons are?

38 minutes ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

Maybe he didn't look like that before the old war happened, his appearance in this artwork picture is exactly how i would imagine something that lived for so long without aging and dying would look like after many years... Kinda like Dracula and demons are?

Definitely possible. His arm does look like it's suffered some decay over time. 

Perhaps beforehand they all looked like Suda. Olive skinned and white haired.

20 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Definitely possible. His arm does look like it's suffered some decay over time. 

Perhaps beforehand they all looked like Suda. Olive skinned and white haired.

Ordis did say (his memory fragments) that the Orokin were beautiful, of all words he could've used to describe them he used "beautiful" so maybe they did look angelic back then. The cost of immortality and everlasting youth could've been what changed Ballas's appearance to this demonic looking figure due to not taking care of his form like he used to before the death of his lover.

On 7/27/2017 at 6:25 AM, TheGodofWiFi said:

Which just shows how out of touch you are.

Really. You're basing your entire knowledge of ancient clothing on a few statues? I suppose you think everyone ran around half naked or fully naked in that case.

Toga's were not jumpsuits but they also weren't so loose that they'd fall off. Ballas clothing is not skin tight. 

So because in your opinion the clothing is too tight and the shoes (which really don't look like anything anyone would wear at all in this day and age) Ballas looks like a drag queen. 

You must have a very limited world view as the majority of drag queens don't dress up in skin tight clothing.

That's just my opinion unless you're stating that I don't have a right to my opinion and it's your opinion that you think ti's wrong and get easily offended by another.  

And what makes you an expert on how people dressed back then? The people who made the statues LIVED during that time period so I would think that's more trust worthy. 

27 minutes ago, KisaPrime said:

That's just my opinion unless you're stating that I don't have a right to my opinion and it's your opinion that you think ti's wrong and get easily offended by another.  

And what makes you an expert on how people dressed back then? The people who made the statues LIVED during that time period so I would think that's more trust worthy. 

No one has to be a huge expert on Ancient Societies. Look one of the few things that artists will do are studies. They will comb through books, websites, hell even visit locations on site to see what they want to create.  You don't just type in Ancient Egypt, Rome, or Greece in Google. Click images and use the first thing you see. That's not how it works. 

43 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

No one has to be a huge expert on Ancient Societies. Look one of the few things that artists will do are studies. They will comb through books, websites, hell even visit locations on site to see what they want to create.  You don't just type in Ancient Egypt, Rome, or Greece in Google. Click images and use the first thing you see. That's not how it works. 

sure...