The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HUGE TREES in PoEidolon

ganjou234

I don't have problems with trees but on an nother openworld map (planet). Also low end pc players are not like the idea and anything which killing their gaming experiences. Only good this if they can optimize well but I doubt they can render a rainforest for example without trouble. 

1 hour ago, Archeyef said:

No pls. I want an open space. Trees will be all cramped, and we already have plenty of that in standard missions.

Edit: Also, it's plains of Eidolon. Not forests of Eidolon.

I did specify that it be a certain small/medium area within the 9km^2 map. The whole map wouldn't be cramped by some trees, besides the forests in attack on titan aren't as cramped, are you familiar with the forests in Attack on Titan? Paradis Island is also mostly composed of plains with few patches of thick forests with huge trees where they use their maneuverability and verticality to their advantage. With the plains of Eidolon, we finally will get the opportunity to use  verticality + open areas, which is these forests.

Perfect place to ambush a grineer patrol from above. These forests would be as open as the plains due to how huge the trees are.

Edited by ganjou234

Just now, ganjou234 said:

I did specify that it be a certain small/medium area within the 9km^2 map. The whole map wouldn't be cramped by some trees, besides the forests in attack on titan aren't as cramped, are you familiar with the forests in Attack on Titan? Paradis Island is also mostly composed of plains with few patches of thick forests with huge trees where they use their maneuverability and verticality to their advantage. With the plains of Eidolon, we finally will get the opportunity to use  verticality + open areas, which is these forests.

Perfect place to ambush a grineer patrol from above.

No, I'm not familiar with them. I'm not an anime/manga guy.

If we want to take advantage of verticality we have archwing for that. Can't hide in them, unless it's Itzal, but they offer more freedom of movement than trees would.

I'm not against having a heavily forested map similar to Plains, but I'd rather it not be Plains. Besides, large trees mean heavy foliage. That tends to be really graphically intensive and would be bad for lower-end computers. It's not the best idea for a mode's launch-map, frankly.

I'd like to see some trees like this, but not a full on forest. They would actually make for good cover and vantage points while actually giving landscapes more character. Even when looking at other plains locations, we still see some trees dotted around. Maybe New Loka could finally be doing something of value rather than wringing their hands about the Silver Grove and twiddling their thumbs in the relays?