Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maturing the tenno

SkullBlackAce

Hey guys anyone remember D.E saying they wanna mature our tenno and give them armor and a focus gun. What about focus blades. Seeing that tenno are supposed to be masters of gun and blade.  If any D.E staff sees this can we expect this feature in the game. 

I would assume we'd be able to toss our 'frame's sidearms and melee weapons onto our Tenno, and due to their sheer power, they get infinite ammo (but not bottomless clip).

1 minute ago, SurrealEdge said:

Materializing energy blades to offset the gunplay would be a nice feature.

We won't know what they have planned until they reveal more.

Exalted Blade? Again?
How about something other than Excal's 4.
Examples, all of which are Void-mesh weaponry which are, for all intents and purposes, Exalted Focus weapons.

Spoiler

Zenurik (Glaive); killed enemies in it's thrown explosion grant extra energy; survivors of the blast are suspended.
Vazarin (Sword-shield): Damage blocked is healed upon killing the attacker; slam-attacking a downed ally revives them instantly.
Unairu (Hammer): Hits petrify opponent; hitting allies grants them bonus armour and a rock for a buckler/shield.
Madaurai (Greatsword): Hits would immolate and eventually ionize the enemy; successful hits increase swing speed; nearby allies attain increased firing/swinging rates or a short time if they continue attacking within your vicinity.
Naramon (Nikana): Attacking the enemy from behind will always trigger finishers; remaining undetected will grant you a 'soft invisibility' buff.

These weapons will also be available to the Warframe in use, should the Focus school of choice be selected, and cannot be modded as they scale with enemies.
Unlocking more schools and levelling them allows you to use their weapons, but without the school selected their secondary bonuses become nullified.

5 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I would assume we'd be able to toss our 'frame's sidearms and melee weapons onto our Tenno, and due to their sheer power, they get infinite ammo (but not bottomless clip).

Exalted Blade? Again?
How about something other than Excal's 4.
Examples, all of which are Void-mesh weaponry which are, for all intents and purposes, Exalted Focus weapons.

Reveal hidden contents

Zenurik (Glaive); killed enemies in it's thrown explosion grant extra energy; survivors of the blast are suspended.
Vazarin (Sword-shield): Damage blocked is healed upon killing the attacker; slam-attacking a downed ally revives them instantly.
Unairu (Hammer): Hits petrify opponent; hitting allies grants them bonus armour and a rock for a buckler/shield.
Madaurai (Greatsword): Hits would immolate and eventually ionize the enemy; successful hits increase swing speed; nearby allies attain increased firing/swinging rates or a short time if they continue attacking within your vicinity.
Naramon (Nikana): Attacking the enemy from behind will always trigger finishers; remaining undetected will grant you a 'soft invisibility' buff.

These weapons will also be available to the Warframe in use, should the Focus school of choice be selected, and cannot be modded as they scale with enemies.
Unlocking more schools and levelling them allows you to use their weapons, but without the school selected their secondary bonuses become nullified.

Not quite exalted blade, but something to use at a close range when fending off an enemy that is up close. Just the idea of summoning a small concentrated beam of void energy to quick melee with.

What would be the point of warframes if our operators get their own armor, guns and sword?

We already have void beam and blast.

How about fixing the countless bugs and flaws before adding more useless features?

Edited by Robolaser

LOL, you readed my mind. I always inspired myself seeing our operators maturing and fighting like Hayden Tenno from the game Dark Sector with their armors, guns, shields, etc.. I initially inspired myself while taking a look at Horizon Zero Dawn. However i think DE should add Config ABC for our operators if we wish to, you know, customize differently.

The focus should be on the Warframes. If the Operator can run around with guns and armor then what's the point of using a Warframe?

The Operator shouldn't even be playable. It's a gimmick and it's S#&$.

My problem with doing anything in operator mode is the 100 HP. A gun or blade of energy would be nice, but while a good offense is a good defense, that only works if you know where the enemy is to kill them before they even attempt to attack you.

How about making an Energy Armor similar to what Inaros does, i'd be fine with spamming the void beam and using the stealth machanic but the recharge on your "void focus" leaves you very vulnerable right now. You literally pop into your tenno self use your void dash thing or void beam and then immediately go back into your warframe. This is AFTER verifying the area is safe to even pull out your tenno. And yes, we have the actual warframe, Instead of doing the mission with the warframe how about making using the operator worth the risk? We have Hydroid, Ivara, Neckros, and Atlas. Why can't we have 200% loot gain if we kill something with the operator? the loss of mobility really makes the operator nothing but a gimmick.

really makes me wonder about those guys at the relays, if i can just shoot a pulse and take them down easily the relays are NOT safe at all, if the operator HP is something to reference maybe they have 200 HP. I have a weapon that does 1000 damage with one shot and that's just 1 of 15 shots.

Edited by MageSkeleton

@SkullBlackAce @SurrealEdge @-YoRHa- @(Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY @Koldraxon-732 @SurrealEdge @Robolaser @.Stormtopia. @Z-Gradt @Emolition

Can I have yours Attentions please?

I think this is going way off the roof, I mean, a laser-based melee, that only sound cool for WarFrames arsenal. And as far Operator are a go, maybe a certain "Focus Enhanced Weapon Gear" that store energy and can take 3 shot and have to be reloaded with Void energy?

Or maybe some thing like Operator Suit upgrade (straight from Gant-Z)? 

Or you know DE plan the Operator to "PLAY HARD-CORE" by actually having to survive without you know who, yes Lotus, and more.

OK, I might have pass the roof a long time ago, laugh out loud.

@MageSkeleton That is a maybe, but we don't know for sure, I hope the best possible idea for Operator is implemented.Though I can imagine a Survival Game out of this already. Back to the topic. Yeah Operative do have more than 100 HP, so a sort of armor does make sense. But having a certain "Void-First-Aid" that heal a portion of HP over time is quite USEFUL/Life saving. If DE so to choose Players not die in one straight mission. (Already sound like a challenging mission for some Veteran Tennos).

2 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

@SkullBlackAce @SurrealEdge @-YoRHa- @(Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY @Koldraxon-732 @SurrealEdge @Robolaser @.Stormtopia. @Z-Gradt @Emolition

Can I have yours Attentions please?

I think this is going way off the roof, I mean, a laser-based melee, that only sound cool for WarFrames arsenal. And as far Operator are a go, maybe a certain "Focus Enhanced Weapon Gear" that store energy and can take 3 shot and have to be reloaded with Void energy?

Or maybe some thing like Operator Suit upgrade (straight from Gant-Z)? 

Or you know DE plan the Operator to "PLAY HARD-CORE" by actually having to survive without you know who, yes Lotus, and more.

OK, I might have pass the roof a long time ago, laugh out loud.

@MageSkeleton That is a maybe, but we don't know for sure, I hope the best possible idea for Operator is implemented.Though I can imagine a Survival Game out of this already. Back to the topic. Yeah Operative do have more than 100 HP, so a sort of armor does make sense. But having a certain "Void-First-Aid" that heal a portion of HP over time is quite USEFUL/Life saving. If DE so to choose Players not die in one straight mission. (Already sound like a challenging mission for some Veteran Tennos).

Not sure why you tagged me as I wasn't for the sword =P  Just the gun they gonna release but I'm way more intrested in the operator combat armor and what stats those will bring.

10 minutes ago, MageSkeleton said:

My problem with doing anything in operator mode is the 100 HP. A gun or blade of energy would be nice, but while a good offense is a good defense, that only works if you know where the enemy is to kill them before they even attempt to attack you.

How about making an Energy Armor similar to what Inaros does, i'd be fine with spamming the void beam and using the stealth machanic but the recharge on your "void focus" leaves you very vulnerable right now. You literally pop into your tenno self use your void dash thing or void beam and then immediately go back into your warframe. This is AFTER verifying the area is safe to even pull out your tenno. And yes, we have the actual warframe, Instead of doing the mission with the warframe how about making using the operator worth the risk? We have Hydroid, Ivara, Neckros, and Atlas. Why can't we have 200% loot gain if we kill something with the operator? the loss of mobility really makes the operator nothing but a gimmick.

really makes me wonder about those guys at the relays, if i can just shoot a pulse and take them down easily the relays are NOT safe at all, if the operator HP is something to reference maybe they have 200 HP. I have a weapon that does 1000 damage with one shot and that's just 1 of 15 shots.

They working on combat armor for the operator for the open world so you can use it for the fight agaist the new enemies. So based on what ever stats they give to those combat armors they will hopefully add more survival to the operator.

3 hours ago, Emolition said:

Not sure why you tagged me as I wasn't for the sword =P  Just the gun they gonna release but I'm way more intrested in the operator combat armor and what stats those will bring.

To get you into the talk of course :smile: And yes I was aware of what you said in this Post, saw your reply when starting to reply.

3 hours ago, Emolition said:

They working on combat armor for the operator for the open world so you can use it for the fight agaist the new enemies. So based on what ever stats they give to those combat armors they will hopefully add more survival to the operator.

:| I do hope it it not how it is, but with real armor, I think it might be a 3rd Shield, but mainly function for Operator. And it protect Operator from total perpetual Death. How I think the armor work (not how it might become):

Operator Personalized Armor:

• More armor = slower movement, sadly (Void Dash might solve that).
  • Less Armor = Skipping Ninja
  • Building a literal Vehicle, yes for shenanigan.
  • Building a literal Plane, this one is for flying, maybe Sonic Boom if there is not way to "Warp" to other places.(when Operator can no call on Ships).
  • Building a literal Marine vehicle, when you have to hide from your enemies by staying underwater.(probably easiest, require: breathing straw/bamboo).

PS Joking aside, a basic combo of stealthy Heavy Armor with Strategic Take Downs can work. And that mean a Light Armor with Higher Damage on Groups of Enemies is plausible.           Hm, I might have gone overboard for Operator.

3 hours ago, -YoRHa- said:

I would love for Tenno to be able to shape their Void Blast(the brief two-handed shockwave attack) into a Void Blade.

Warframe would finally have something similar to:

Hide contents

94f87444f6d3bdfdba4754d0ef24c553524535dc_hq.gif

lightsabers/plasmaswords

Ikr I was watching anime when the idea jumped into my head.

2 hours ago, .Stormtopia. said:

LOL, you readed my mind. I always inspired myself seeing our operators maturing and fighting like Hayden Tenno from the game Dark Sector with their armors, guns, shields, etc.. I initially inspired myself while taking a look at Horizon Zero Dawn. However i think DE should add Config ABC for our operators if we wish to, you know, customize differently.

Wow dude bringing up some good dark sector memories tho.

5 hours ago, Robolaser said:

What would be the point of warframes if our operators get their own armor, guns and sword?

We already have void beam and blast.

How about fixing the countless bugs and flaws before adding more useless features?

Think of it, big bad sentient at night (that is only available after war within according to steve, when we can use our operator) is a sentient, right? What do we know about sentients? They can adapt to our damage to the point where they can take almost no damage (and we are talking about the little ones on lua).

I think it could be like this: We will need armor, focus powered weapons to fight the sentients without being crushed into oblivion as tiny little squishy emo kids, that thing is so big that i wouldnt be surprised if it could adapt to our damage to the point of being invincible.

Edited by ArielTkx

I don't think that when the update drops we'll see any laser swords lol. What I do think though, is that we as operators will be able to use the weapons from Hok's Anvil, and maybe imbue them with focus based abilities, which would be very good against the sentients. Because they said they wanted the warframe operator duo to be like a tag team, I think it would make sense that the warframes take the damage, and wear down the sentients, and the operators do the killing of them. But thats just my opinion ^_^ 

8 hours ago, ArielTkx said:

Think of it, big bad sentient at night (that is only available after war within according to steve, when we can use our operator) is a sentient, right? What do we know about sentients? They can adapt to our damage to the point where they can take almost no damage (and we are talking about the little ones on lua).

I think it could be like this: We will need armor, focus powered weapons to fight the sentients without being crushed into oblivion as tiny little squishy emo kids, that thing is so big that i wouldnt be surprised if it could adapt to our damage to the point of being invincible.

Exactly but they can't adapt to void energy which the operators generate in abundance. So a weapon made of pure void energy.  So void blades and guns and armor for our squishy little emo kids would be perfect for killing sentient.