Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still no Dual Nikana

leojst

7 minutes ago, Tenshi said:

If we're able to swing giant greatswords around Guts style( tempo royale ), why wouldn't we be able to hold a simple katana in each hand and swing 'em back and forth in the direction of the enemy?

Apply that logic to two grams and see what happens. That aside, swinging two grams around wouldn't be quite as hard to animate or look as absurd. The sheath/unsheathing animations for nikanas would be even worse.

Honestly, there is straight up a million things I think DE could do that are similar but look better and aren't going to be a nightmare to animate. Why does it always have to be two full length nikanas every time this is suggested? I just don't get the fixation with this as a concept.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

5 minutes ago, Tenshi said:

If we're able to swing giant greatswords around Guts style( tempo royale ), why wouldn't we be able to hold a simple katana in each hand and swing 'em back and forth in the direction of the enemy?

Those are two-handed weapons... don't compare them. And please don't even mention about Zenistar and Dominion skin because this one was a bug/feature that DE left for our request.

Just now, StinkyPygmy said:

I'm yet to see him swing both around at the same time.

That's probably because they just haven't animated it. It's not like it'd actually be hard for them to, if you look at the Dual Swords stances. It's just that they don't want to do it. 

Just now, (PS4)theelix said:

That's probably because they just haven't animated it. It's not like it'd actually be hard for them to, if you look at the Dual Swords stances. It's just that they don't want to do it. 

As mentioned previously, considering the length of a nikana it would actually be very hard to animate a duel wield version without it looking horrible.  

4 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

As mentioned previously, considering the length of a nikana it would actually be very hard to animate a duel wield version without it looking horrible.  

There are multitudes of animations in this game that look absolutely horrible. In honesty, most of the stances have clipping, deformation, and general animation lagging. 

Most primary rifles in this game you can't even hold without having the Warframe break its wrist, and this has been going on for years. 

Concept  and use over polish. It's how it's always been. 

1 hour ago, GOEATSOMEFUSHM8 said:

The closest you could get to wielding dual Katana's would be dual Ninjato.

And although we see Teshin has dual Nikana, we never see him use more than one at a time

The reason being is that it's inspired by Japanese bushin. Samurai are typically indentified by "duel swords" regardless of if they preferred to fight using both or, not. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

There are multitudes of animations in this game that look absolutely horrible. In honesty, most of the stances have clipping, deformation, and general animation lagging. 

Most primary rifles in this game you can't even hold without having the Warframe break its wrist, and this has been going on for years. 

Concept  and use over polish. It's how it's always been. 

Subtle and slight clipping isn't the same in my mind as "why has my warframes shoulders clipped through themselves and its torso contorted in such a way that a performer from circ du solie would be green with envy."

But thats just me, I guess.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

37 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Quad Lex Prime - plox... + Bayonetta style.

Oh praise the Void would that be amazing. 

Auto Pistol feet attachments with some modified version of Brutal Tide that focused more on kicking (and the breakdancing spin as an area attack rather than frontal cone). But then again, I'd just enjoy some melee weapons that were pure "Kick you in the face" maybe with 1 or 2 punches, but the main focus should be footwork.

25 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

useing our shortest warframe Mag the nakana seems to look the length of your average katana  42 inches longest being 57.

Using 2 melee weapons at the same time is very hard in practice (not in a prestaged dance form). You usualy use one to attack and another to defend and at most alternate their roles. An easier way is to not alternate theri roles but only the off hand weapon. Thats why we very rarely see dualwielding in historical documants. Its easier to use a small shield than a dagger to block, let alone a sword.

Just now, StinkyPygmy said:

subtle and slight clipping isn't the same in my mind as "why has my warframes shoulders clipped through themselves and its torso contorted in such a way that a performer from circ du solie would be green with envy."

But thats just me, I guess.

"Subtle and slight" does not describe the absolutely horrendous animations everywhere in this game. But whatever. 

1 hour ago, leojst said:

this is dual katana not sword and short swords or other variations of the of the same thing

all i know is they should take some of the moves these guys did in the videos and make some awesome new melee stance combos for the current dual swords that we have in this game :)