Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enduring Affliction - Underused/Undercredited?

(PSN)theelix

Long story short, I forma'd my glaive a bunch and went back to my 1 energy channel build for Exalted Blade. During that time, I realized that if I was channeling, I might as well use Enduring Affliction since I can't have too many elements. 

Slowly but surely, I started to realize that Enduring Affliction was really powerful. I was only using Slash procs, but hitting an enemy five times made the proc last practically forever. 

If you're using Exalted blade, and they patch out Drifting Contact you could just use Relentless Combination to climb faster and stay high longer. Yet, I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet. 

This also could work with Condition Overload, and powers that involve applying status effects, from even other teammates. It also allows healing return to be even more useful. Hell, even gives element based bullet jump mods a fair purpose. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

I use the non-channeling version on my Deconstructor Prime which is set up for gas procs and it's great. The only reason I don't use it on my viral/slash melee setups is because I don't have room for it.

It's definitely underappreciated.

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I use the non-channeling version on my Deconstructor Prime which is set up for gas procs and it's great. The only reason I don't use it on my viral/slash melee setups is because I don't have room for it.

It's definitely underappreciated.

Lasting Sting?

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

If that's the 16 cost V polarity one then yeah. I don't recall the name because of just how little I actually can fit it into a build.

That's it then, it's definitely difficult to work with. The only time I'll use additional status duration is if a Riven just happened to have the stat. 

enduring affliction... that's status duration right?

The thing about status duration is... it doesn't really help you kill things faster. it lets you kill things in fewer hits, but unless you're taking 10+ seconds to kill single enemies it's not going to help all that much, and the effect may be wasted. Furthermore, many players like their damage numbers to be as BIG as possible. Heck, I do too.

that said, it's not a bad mod by any means. it lets you apply long-lasting gas procs (or slash procs) which can turn enemies into dead men walking, and in a situation where it's OK to let enemies take awhile to die, it could be quite useful. you also mentioned that it can be used in combination with relentless combination, which would work very well with exalted blade and valkyr's hysteria in high levels, allowing you to switch from targeting one enemy to targeting another sooner, resulting in overall higher kills and more dmg from combos.

tl;dr: the reason it's niche is because its effects take time to be seen; many saryn mains would like this mod but many other players are likely to pass over it entirely.

• 2 months later...

The way I see it, this mod begis ti shine in higer levels, where slash procs become the fas way to kill enemies.
In that case, enduring affliction would prolong the slash procs that are already on the enmie while you may even add new ones.

So you could have a lot more procs ticking on your enemies simultaniously, I'm going to test that theary :)

As others have already pointed out, this mod is only going to pay of on very tuff, high level enemies.

It may also be interesting together with relentles combintions, sice you could have many more slash ticks in the same amount of time.

I don't use Enduring Affliction, but extra Status Duration is a godsend in higher levels with certain setups. These are namely my Saryn and Ash loadouts, making those valuable Toxin and Slash stacks last for ages.

It's also pretty good (via Lasting Sting) on my Savage Banshee build when I run against a tight group of enemies who I can't finish off within the stun duration of Silence. My Electric/Viral Lacera keeps them nearly perma-stunned while I chunk their health away.

I've often considered trying to find a use for status duration,because i think it's a near stat.

sadly,as others have said,it's really only useful in a very small portion of the game.

Most common enemies/lvls that we face simply die so quickly that stat duration would be pointless.

Keeping those annoying Ancient Healers almost permanently rad & viral procc'd was my main use for status duration, at least in pre-Acolyte mods or pre-Naramon T4. It's a real shame that melee, like guns, have ended up with way too many "essential" mods and are really tight on modding space.