Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Value of items and warframes have fallen

leojst

For most of us who were close beta players and had weapons and items given to us that during time, some of us held onto those items because they can not be found in game anymore such as the team full health restore, Braton Vandal, and the Snipetron Vandal.

The snipetron vandal was 100,000 credits, a grind to get back then, but almost worth nothing now. Soon after open beta, there were prime frames that we could get in-game, and that was exciting. We learned that they would be in the Void for a limited amount of time we farmed like crazy. There was a sense of pride surviving the Void and selling the spoils for a few plat (this was before the market  inflation where people lost their minds)

These items started to lose value over time, not because people didn't want them anymore, but because they've become more available. Baro ki'teer was an okay idea; I loved the Prisma gears and they were fun. However, the event items that we worked so hard to get could now be bought from him; the vandal and wraith weapons parts are now available in invasions; the excal proto armor that used to be a vault item now sits on the shelf at the market place. Sadly, the only thing we have left is the Sheev, and it's not the most impressive weapon.

Don't get me wrong: I like the opening and closing of the vault from time to time. It's a great idea for some people to get primes that they want for a small window of time. Even though some of us didn't get it, the Founders' pack were kinda like thing we keep as time spent in-game and content we cleared during that time.

One time weapons and mods made some aspects of the game and the few who had them special. A lot of you may not agree with me, but you will have to admit the events are just not as rewarding as they use to feel. hopefully Umbra does not suffer the same fate as our current primes do.

Edited by leojst

17 minutes ago, leojst said:

For most of us who were close beta players and had weapons and items given to us that during time, some of us held onto those items because they can not be found in game anymore such as the team full health restore, Braton Vandal, and the Snipetron Vandal.

The snipetron vandal was 100,000 credits, a grind to get back then, but almost worth nothing now. Soon after open beta, there were prime frames that we could get in-game, and that was exciting. We learned that they would be in the Void for a limited amount of time and we farmed like crazy. There was a sense of pride surviving the Void and selling the spoils for a few plat (this was before the market  inflation where people lost their minds)

These items started to lose value over time, not because people didn't want them anymore, but because they've become more available. Baro ki'teer was an okay idea; I loved the Prisma gears and they were fun. However, the event items that we worked so hard to get could now be bought from him; the vandal and wraith weapons parts are now available in invasions; the excal proto armor that used to be a vault item now sits on the shelf at the market place. Sadly, the only thing we have left is the Sheev, and it's not the most impressive weapon.

Don't get me wrong: I like the opening and closing of the vault from time to time. It's a great idea for some people to get primes that they want for a small window of time. Even though some of us didn't get it, the Founders' pack were kinda like thing we keep as time spent in-game and content we cleared during that time.

One time weapons and mods made some aspects of the game and the few who had them special. A lot of you may not agree with me, but you will have to admit the events are just not as rewarding as they use to feel. hopefully Umbra does not suffer the same fate as our current primes do.

^ Here you go, OP. I made some fixes and tidied up the whole topic for better reading, hope this helps :)

As for me, I don't think exclusives would be good for collecting games like Warframe (although I agree that you shouldn't touch Excalibur Prime, that's quite a sum amount of money during a time where Warframe could fail) but it is true that exclusives give a sense of achievement. Maybe make them solely for appearance, like special badges or syandanas in events?

Edited by Beggining
Made underlines to emphasize points

I totally agree. It's just the way things have been for the past year or so. It makes me a little angry and I end up feeling sad for some reason, until I unleash my all of my pent up rage on poor unsuspecting Grineer.

anime-12.gif

Edited by (PS4)P1NOysKi4
This expresses how I feel.

9 minutes ago, Beggining said:

^ Here you go, OP. I made some fixes and tidied up the whole topic for better reading, hope this helps :)

As for me, I don't think exclusives would be good for collecting games like Warframe (although I agree that you shouldn't touch Excalibur Prime, that's quite a sum amount of money during a time where Warframe could fail) but it is true that exclusives give a sense of achievement. Maybe make them solely for appearance, like special badges or syandanas in events?

ty and i do understand what you mean by collecting stand point but it has been impossible to get everything in game since excal prime. the event weapons and items dont have to be OP they need to be like the  Sheev One of a kind

p.s ty for the edit

Edited by leojst

3 minutes ago, leojst said:

Thank you. I do understand what you mean from a collecting stand point, but it has been impossible to get everything in game since excal prime. the event weapons and items dont have to be OP, they just need to be like the Sheev: one of a kind.

By the way, you can obtain the Sheev from invasions now, they're just rarer than other Vandal or Wraith weapons :p

I'm not sure about weapons since people want mastery to progress, and we still have debates about missing mastery points from Excalibur Prime (personally, I don't care enough about mastery :v)

P.S. No problem, making the topic easier on the eyes would help the discussion flow :p

Edited by Beggining
Woop da Woot

3 minutes ago, Beggining said:

By the way, you can obtain the Sheev from invasions now, they're just rarer than other Vandal or Wraith weapons :p

I'm not sure about weapons since people want mastery to progress, and we still have debates about missing mastery points from Excalibur Prime (personally, I don't care enough about mastery :v)

lol thanks for killing hope, but i dont think you need a event weapon for mastery since i know people who buy mk weapons max it and sell it over and over to raise their mastery. 

to be fair no one cares about mastery i remember when rank 8 got you everything in game XD

The way they unvault items is strange to me. I feel like frost has been re-released 3 or 4 times, and mag about 2 times? I think this also unlocks their respective void relics up for grabs to... by the time everyone is done grabbing the relics the prices are going to drop significantly 

45 minutes ago, leojst said:

lol thanks for killing hope, but i dont think you need a event weapon for mastery since i know people who buy mk weapons max it and sell it over and over to raise their mastery. 

to be fair no one cares about mastery i remember when rank 8 got you everything in game XD

The MK-1 weapons, like all weapons, will only give you mastery once. However, they are counted as different from the base weapons. The Furax, MK-1 Furax, and Furax Wraith will all give you 3.000 mastery each, the first time you max them. After that, selling and making them again, or forma'ing them doesn't increase your mastery.

As to the main topic, I don't think weapons or warframes should be exclusive in this game. It's about collecting, and no collector likes to see a gaping hole in their collection. Besides the three Founders' items (which I think should definitely remain exclusive), everything should be fair game eventually.

Exclusivity, prestige, or veteran-ness can be represented with cosmetics, sigils, or even exclusive weapon skins. That should be enough.

Edited by GrayArchon
added last sentence

1 minute ago, Mkilbride said:

Sheev is literally one of the best daggers in the game, and it's available via Invasions, are are many.

I don't get. Prices and value of items going down is good. 

when i say value i dont mean the market what i mean is as a player. these weapons and warframes carry less value in our eyes then they did before they became so easy to obtain

17 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

Not to me, and I've played since 2013. 

you didn't think this through. and i'm not insulting you  i'm just saying stop, and think about it. seeing how you are big on the trade side ill do it like this the value on the items in out inventory are based on out the use of the item in game and the difficulty to obtain. now the prices going down on an item means one of the two thing are gone. in some cases both.

and to say not for you that must mean you sell everything for the same price you did when it drooped with no fluctuation. and thats hard to believe 

worth nothing? to get snipetron vandal you need to get part from invasion. each part you need 3x battle then wait it end then hope other part come in next invasion. it is not like 100k credit buy one time. as for Baro bring weapon you need to farm ducat and credit to buy. most weapon 500+ ducat with 300k credit. how many grind you need to buy that worth ducat and credit.  DE want player to get hold of those weapon as it is not exclusive as founder item. player only value weapon that can kill fast and shiny redcrit or 100 status. or a riven change the weapon big time. from naahh... to oh yea.. weapon. 

2 minutes ago, SilencerMuto said:

worth nothing? to get snipetron vandal you need to get part from invasion. each part you need 3x battle then wait it end then hope other part come in next invasion. it is not like 100k credit buy one time. as for Baro bring weapon you need to farm ducat and credit to buy. most weapon 500+ ducat with 300k credit. how many grind you need to buy that worth ducat and credit.  DE want player to get hold of those weapon as it is not exclusive as founder item. player only value weapon that can kill fast and shiny redcrit or 100 status. or a riven change the weapon big time. from naahh... to oh yea.. weapon. 

for newer players this may be true but if you have been in game long enough you already have all of these things and is only going to baro for primed mods. and lets not act like invasions don't happen all day every. so i understand but it does not apply  and this game is a nightmare for me as a collector cause i didn't get ecxal prime when i had the chance now my collection will forever be incomplete. and im reminded everytime i look at my warframes 

I think the "event" weapons are fine considering you get them way before it comes through invaisions/Baro. What i consider has been mention and used right now is cosmetics. It just makes sense or it be kinda awful to miss event weapon cause of real life reasons.

They add new stuff to create progression. This is how things are normally done in video games. Just be happy that the old weapons aren't useless and that they go out of their way to try and still make them viable with rivens and the occasionally buff, like with the Sicarus Prime.

I hate the exclusivity and prioritizing members of the game in any kind of ways. Every event passable if you not interested and you are away for the game by reasons. Games should not be contents which once playable then you never can play it and if you miss it then you are a secondary citizen. Games for all and everything in a game should available for all peoples at any time. Prime items also should not be exclusive items but the devs just made a mistake with it back in time.

weapons like machete could be market item it is terrible any way.

Edited by Sziklamester

9 hours ago, leojst said:

when i say value i dont mean the market what i mean is as a player. these weapons and warframes carry less value in our eyes then they did before they became so easy to obtain

Why is this a problem, beyond personal sentimental reasons? I'd rather not have exclusive items in this game. 

1 minute ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Why is this a problem, beyond personal sentimental reasons? I'd rather not have exclusive items in this game. 

Plus, for the veteran players you have the log in weapons now. Everyone can get them eventually sure, but those in the log in sigils serve the function the OP is talking about for me.  Marks of long term progress.  I never will get upset when other players get a shot at event weapons or anything like that.  The delay between event and general release is pretty freaking long too...