Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Value of items and warframes have fallen

leojst

I've seen the aftermath of too many events to feel rewards have low value simply because they're likely to return at some point.  The items return - but usually, they're much more trouble to obtain then they were in the event itself. 

Aside from the fonder stuff, I honstly dislike the idea of exclusive gear, espeshaly when it is gear that gives an advantage you otherwise cant get. a good exmaple of this is Primed chamber and vectis, but I know that isnt the best one.

Exclusive event skins and badges are cool. I joined slightly after closed beta opened and I thin I have every event badge and more or less every skin (except like two archwing events and some PvP stuff because I couldnt stand thoese modes).

I have however noticed that prime gear, and realy any prime gear, has gone down in value ever sints rivens came out. I bought a prime set for aornd 120 plat the other day and about two years ago that would have been like 400 plat. I am up to date with all of them but at the same point I dont have any of the prime acsessories. I dont care much for that however becasue they dont increse my stats. I do have every single one of the old arcane helmits however and I agree that they went in the right direction to convert over cosmetics to be just that.

I think with the introduction of riven mods, and the prices people are willing to pay for them, the gear itself stoped being as sought after. a riven mod takes a lot of grind or luck to get a "good" one so its natrualy going to be more expensive to skip that grind. prime gear however has been arond a long time and is now worth less then whatever it can be traded in for duckets for. its like three seires of exchange from prime to duckets to plat. what it was prime to plat the exchange rate was better, and now that plat is being echanged for rivens, its even lower.

Edited by Fluff-E-Kitty

Say it with me: Non-perishable, non-consumables items devalue as time moves on. It's the crux of any modern virtual online game economy, could be easily fixed but never is because developers/publishers want your items to be worth less/nothing to string you along to the next big, new reward they're introducing.

You can blame the relic system and Warframe.market for fallen values on everything. So many people believe that if it is anything other than warframe.market's lowest listed price, you are trying to "scam" them. The relic system made primes much less painful to farm, so their is more supply and similar demand and therefor those prices dropped.

Thankfully, I know something that will never EVER stop from being overtly exclusive! The Log-in guns. I treasure my hip-hugging Azima like the slaughtering mark-of-status it is, just like how I will drool and cradle the Zenistar and Zenith if/when they to fall into my grasp. All hope is not yet lost for nostalgia triggering tools of destruction dear sir/mam.

Sure, they are technically available to all, but that "all" only includes those willing and able to log into the game every single cycle over the course of several hundred. Unless your actively playing the game or truely weird enough just to log on and off repeatedly out of some sorta distorted sense of accomplishment, exclusivity remains!

Edited by Unus

3 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I'd rather not have exclusive items in this game. 

In hindsight I'm sure they have realized that making some prime items exclusive was a mistake. Had they not done it they could had focused more on buffing them without causing problems for themselves.

Edited by Golmihr

30 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

In hindsight I'm sure they have realized that making some prime items exclusive was a mistake. Had they not done it they could had focused more on buffing them without causing problems for themselves.

I don't think DE ever regretted the decision to make a collectors game then start it off with unobtainable items. This probably gave then the initial funds they needed to drastically improve the game enough to where it is today. They probably also knew that starting from the point in which it became unobtainable that they would have to deal with every single new player that complains "why they can't obtain all the items in the game".

That being said, warframe has more than enough exclusive items. OP is just too greedy to want more than the system we have right now. Imagine how horrible this game would be if every new player is required to play the exact same amount of years OP has had as a "veteran", whatever that means. People would be too discouraged to pay for an advantage in a game that required the same amount of difficulty compressed into now.

I started playing in 2013. I'm not a "veteran" or anything but my life includes a lot more than this game. I would play 8-16 hrs a day for a month then stop for the rest of the year because of my responsibilities and a complete lack of multi-tasking skills. My reward? The ability to pay in plat to obtain the exclusive items i missed. My punishment? no login rewards(95 days), no supra vandal(currently untradeable) and other weapons like it. Why punish me anymore than this if I am willing to make up for it by paying in plat?

OP why? Why u wan mi to suffer? 

2 hours ago, Golmihr said:

Are you talking about the Founder's items? No one has a problem with those being exclusive except the people who forget to read the average Excal Prime thread that pops up every six hours.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Items should be available to all players in the game.  Not just those who've been playing for years.  You don't deserve some special weapon people can no longer obtain just because you played the game when the event that launched it was started.  Same goes for mods.

I say this as someone who does, in fact, have a majority of them.

2 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Are you talking about the Founder's items? No one has a problem with those being exclusive except the people who forget to read the average Excal Prime thread that pops up every six hours.

Lots of people have problems with Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime being exclusive, me included. However most of us have accepted their status as unobtainable. We've accepted it, but we do not like it, there is a difference. IMO they shouldn't have been Primes, they should have been something different like Umbra, Jade, or Onyx. That's hindsight talking of course, and what's done is done. DE has made their position clear.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

In regards to the OP's stance on exclusives losing value, well I'm sorry that you feel that way, but imagine how a new player who loves the game as much or more than you must feel knowing that they could never obtain something. Not because of anything they did wrong, but simply because they have bad timing. They didn't hear about the game yet, or had something going on IRL that prevented them from being online for an event, and for that they are punished? No second chances? Just one and done and if you missed it then you can go suck an egg. That is hardly fair.

I understand that life isn't always fair but that doesn't have to be the case here. This is a video game made for enjoyment and entertainment, and such harsh policies and limitations in regards to event goodies is nearly the opposite of that. And for what? What are you defending? The ability for some players to gloat and brag and wave their shiny objects in someone else's face? Because that is what time-based event exclusivity boils down to. The lucky few with good timing wanting to hang on to their feeling of superiority. It's an incredibly self-centered argument.

IMO nothing, and I mean nothing should be impossible to obtain in Warframe. Difficult, challenging, expensive, or even tedious, but never impossible. If I don't get something because I am not skilled enough to complete a challenge, don't want to pay $ or plat, or because I am unwilling to play a certain game-mode (*cough* Conclave skins *cough*), then that is totally fair and fine. But being unable to get an item because of nothing more than bad luck/bad timing, well that just sucks.

So I am thrilled that many of the event weapons are obtainable through invasions and such. I love that old events like the Razorback Armada and the Balor Famorian are now integrated as repeatable events. I wish even more of the old events would come back in a similar manner. Why have content locked away forever? Especially when content is something all MMO-esque games struggle with. DE has already made it, many new players never even had a chance to play it, so why not bring it back occasionally? Everybody wins. Well, everyone except those players who enjoyed lording over others with their exclusive shinys; but their selfish loss is something I won't lose any sleep over.

The Prime Vault is a different mess altogether. I don't like it, but I know that DE will have to do something about it eventually. Otherwise they'll end up with more primes in the vault than in the game, which is not good. They'll change it at some point, so I'm not too worried about it.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

10 hours ago, babywrath said:

I don't think DE ever regretted the decision to make a collectors game then start it off with unobtainable items. This probably gave then the initial funds they needed to drastically improve the game enough to where it is today. They probably also knew that starting from the point in which it became unobtainable that they would have to deal with every single new player that complains "why they can't obtain all the items in the game".

That being said, warframe has more than enough exclusive items. OP is just too greedy to want more than the system we have right now. Imagine how horrible this game would be if every new player is required to play the exact same amount of years OP has had as a "veteran", whatever that means. People would be too discouraged to pay for an advantage in a game that required the same amount of difficulty compressed into now.

I started playing in 2013. I'm not a "veteran" or anything but my life includes a lot more than this game. I would play 8-16 hrs a day for a month then stop for the rest of the year because of my responsibilities and a complete lack of multi-tasking skills. My reward? The ability to pay in plat to obtain the exclusive items i missed. My punishment? no login rewards(95 days), no supra vandal(currently untradeable) and other weapons like it. Why punish me anymore than this if I am willing to make up for it by paying in plat?

OP why? Why u wan mi to suffer? 

It's a strategy that doesn't go well longevity in general when it comes to online games. With Warframe it is limited so they can manage but in general games that make a quick buck from exclusive deals are just trying to squeeze their product from as much cash as possible. Games run like that just tends not to stay around for long although it's important not to get cause and effect mixed up here. As a player base grows and changes that exclusive gear becomes a waste of data storage as it have little to no impact on, let's say for the sake of making a general point, 99.9% of the player base and as a result you often see reskins or variants of those items introduced if they try to appeal to a new player base.

Buying currencies to offset a lack of time is fine and that is a completely different thing. That's how people who can afford to support the game but lack time as a result can enjoy it too and those type of people are the lifeblood of free-to-play games (The rest just tag-alongs but those also matter for a good party).

Edited by Golmihr