Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth melee multiplier bugged as of 21.1.1

Dragazer

Every since this Update, the melee damage has immediately begun to lose the dmg multiplier upon the first melee strike.

Assuming this is a bug as patch notes make no mention of it and there is also a reddit post on it:

Edited by Dragazer

Bumping this. It's such a big issue that players are running for stealth nerf posts instead of coming here. 

I can't do any internal testing right now, but I'll see what I can figure out when I'm on later to come up with a theory why this bug came up.

+1. Renders invisible warframes pretty much unusable.

Don't forget to fix on the next hotfix plz.

Apparently, the stealth multiplier seems to still work for blind abilities (Excal's blind, Inaros' desiccation e.t.c.)

Edited by disco_inferno6

On 24/07/2017 at 5:38 AM, disco_inferno6 said:

+1. Renders invisible warframes pretty much unusable.

Don't forget to fix on the next hotfix plz.

Apparently, the stealth multiplier seems to still work for blind abilities (Excal's blind, Inaros' desiccation e.t.c.)

Yeah its clearly bugged if it works for some but not others.

Stealth multiplier when invisible does not work. There seems to be a 4-5 second cooldown (1 hit with multiplier applied once every 4-5 seconds)

This bug does not appear for "blind" abilities. The multiplier is applied in all hits without any buggy cooldowns for frames like Inaros/ Excal etc.

Ash/Loki/Ivara are effectively useless as of hotfix 21.1.1

Plz fix. :(

Edited by disco_inferno6

It's also questionable to think that it was intended when it did NOT work in this way for most of the game's history and started working this way without any mention in the patch notes. Though whether it SHOULD be intended to work this way is another question. Currently I'd prefer for it not to, I can't even get the damage multiplier on both hits of a lone dagger charge attack.

Update to my earlier post.  With the exception of the Zakti and the Lenz, I haven't really noticed a change in regards to Ivara.  But then again the melee weapons I use regularly all have Slash/Gas and tend to kill quite quickly.  I know I don't have a problem doing Stealth finishers.  Will have to test in the simulacrum this weekend to be sure. 

• 3 weeks later...

I mean, they have no reason to return it to the way it was. Just stops Naramon Shadow Step from being more OP. Minorly nerfs Loki, Octavia, Ivara, and Ash too. Blinding effects still work the same as they always have. There are even ways to get around it with Status procs and other abilities. 

On 8/2/2017 at 1:26 PM, disco_inferno6 said:

Ash/Loki/Ivara are effectively useless as of hotfix 21.1.1

Lol, this is a joke. 

Ash still is able to get ludicrous amounts of damage with Shuriken NOT EVEN CONSIDERING seeking shuriken can completely decimate armor. Along with the ability to instantly kill anything he wants with Fatal Teleport. 

Loki still makes enemies unable to engage in ranged combat, as well as having invisibility for a massive amount of time. You're still basically invincible while invisible unless they have the glitch where they shoot exactly in the direction you are when you make noise or melee them. 

Ivara is and will always be the queen of Survival and still is able to roll loot tables better than nekros, and push past this "glitch" with her sleep arrow. 

Effectively useless? Do you even own these frames? 

On 25/08/2017 at 1:32 PM, (PS4)theelix said:

Loki still makes enemies unable to engage in ranged combat, as well as having invisibility for a massive amount of time. You're still basically invincible while invisible unless they have the glitch where they shoot exactly in the direction you are when you make noise or melee them. 

That is no glitch, enemies can sometimes retaliate now even when invis

On 25/8/2017 at 8:32 PM, (PS4)theelix said:

Lol, this is a joke. 

Ash still is able to get ludicrous amounts of damage with Shuriken NOT EVEN CONSIDERING seeking shuriken can completely decimate armor. Along with the ability to instantly kill anything he wants with Fatal Teleport. 

Ivara is and will always be the queen of Survival and still is able to roll loot tables better than nekros, and push past this "glitch" with her sleep arrow. 

Effectively useless? Do you even own these frames? 

I play this game actively for 2 years (Steam hours 5800 / Inmission hours 3230) so there is a possibility (which you should consider) that I might know very well what I'm talking about.

Secondly, this bug has occured on PC only and as I gather, you are a playstation user.

So perhaps you see a joke simply because you do not understand that THERE IS a huge problem with Loki / Ash / Ivara on PC. They are (for the time being) useless.

Edited by disco_inferno6

11 hours ago, disco_inferno6 said:

I play this game actively for 2 years (Steam hours 5800 / Inmission hours 3230) so there is a possibility (which you should consider) that I might know very well what I'm talking about.

I don't care how long you've played the game, because that doesn't determine anything about what you actually know. You've made the baseless claim that without the melee multiplier on invisibility effects, Ivara who is still the queen of Survival missions with or without it, is useless. Regardless of the fact that the melee multiplier is a side effect of her stealth, and that the primary effects are to keep her from being damaged and creating loot.

You've claimed that Loki is useless, even though he still has some of the best longevity in the game. All that's changed is lower damage output with melee that very well doesn't effect the fact that he removes long range fighting capability from enemies in a radius, and distract enemies while moving them to a certain space which is extremely useful in many missions. Or the raids. 

You've claimed that Ash is useless regardless of his ability to force finishers which means that the melee multiplier doesn't even matter, he one shots essentially anything that he can perform a finisher on with a dagger and the rest he has two other weapons to deal with. Along with the fact that his Seeking Shuriken is extremely strong in places like Sortie missions or boss fights in general for lower level players. Not having to rely on a team bringing corrosive projection or requiring that you mod your weapons with corrosive is massive and you're ignoring all of it because you can't use a galatine prime and cleaving whirlwind to not actually use their entire kit anymore. 

11 hours ago, disco_inferno6 said:

Secondly, this bug has occured on PC only and as I gather, you are a playstation user.

The "bug" has been on PS4 since even before I posted on this thread. 

I see a joke because you're completely ignoring that they have three other abilities, and in Ivara's case three and a half. 

On 8/27/2017 at 10:16 AM, Dragazer said:

That is no glitch, enemies can sometimes retaliate now even when invis

It is a glitch because of how inconsistent it is. It basically only happens with heavy units that can fire and keep firing before hand. They don't register their "clip" to be empty yet so they keep firing, and when you make a sound they aim at where the sound was made and happen to be shooting at you as well. It doesn't happen with smaller units that don't have large magazine. It happens with bosses and mini-bosses consistently though, because I'm pretty sure they're designed to find and kill you no matter what. Juggernaut just shoots through the wall at Excalibur in any case, Naramon or not. 

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, (PS4)theelix said:

1 hour ago, (PS4)theelix said:

I don't care how long you've played the game, because that doesn't determine anything about what you actually know. You've made the baseless claim that without the melee multiplier on invisibility effects, Ivara who is still the queen of Survival missions with or without it, is useless. Regardless of the fact that the melee multiplier is a side effect of her stealth, and that the primary effects are to keep her from being damaged and creating loot.

Ok as a PC player who plays Ivara almost excusively, I can honestly say that (PS4)Theelix is spot on.  

13 hours ago, disco_inferno6 said:

So perhaps you see a joke simply because you do not understand that THERE IS a huge problem with Loki / Ash / Ivara on PC. They are (for the time being) useless.

Saying that they are useless is actually quite a bad joke.  I main Ivara and barely even notice this issue or have worked around it to the point that it's not a factor.  I still beast in pubs and solo using melee just fine with Ivara.  So I can't see how she's useless now even though she can easily almost not be effected by the "glitch" at all.  So you saying Ivara is useless is just letting me know that you need to get better at playing her.

Now before you try to say that I don't know what I'm talking about, I advise you to have a look at my in-game profile first.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne

22 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

snip

This is not the place to debate wether ivara is the queen of survival or not. Nor it is the place to discuss the fundamental tactics of Ivara, Ash or Loki.

This is a thread about an existing bug.

All I can say to you from my experience in this game is this: If you don't understand the implications of stealth dmg multiplier not working with invisibility, then I won't be the one to discuss them here with you. Nor will i reveal to you the tricks up Loki's, Ash's and Ivara's sleeve based on (invisibility) stealth dmg.

But if you do like this game a lot and strive to master it, hear this:

In this game, the less options you have the worse it becomes. Either now or in the future.

There will come the time when covert lethality will be nerfed. In fact it is long overdue.

Then the only thing you'll have with Ivara (and Ash) will be the finishers. Loki is completely out of the discussion here because he has zero advantages at the moment in terms of damage. And that's the only thing Ivara has going on right now in terms of damage (and the artemis bow for single target dmg)

In comparison to Octavia for example

Or Inaros, or Excalibur she is totally useless in terms of her damage output. (excluding the artemis bow)

The reason is that stealth damage due to blind is perfectly functional.

So Enjoy Warframe; pz.

Edited by disco_inferno6

On 31/8/2017 at 11:28 PM, DatDarkOne said:

snip

Thanks for the input. 1100 hours is already a lot in terms of experience but when you play this game for far longer, you'll realise that the less options you have when it comes to damage output, the sooner you will run out of them in the future when things occasionally get reworked or nerfed.

This is the reason I'm trying to keep this topic up and draw DE's attention to this bug. Not to insult your favourite warframe.

Enjoy Warframe; pz.

Edited by disco_inferno6