Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop Rate/RNG lie

RAZORLIGHT

35 minutes ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

yeah well guys...

Suppose there are 10 balls in a bucket numbered as follows: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, and 6. A single ball is randomly chosen from the bucket. What is the probability of drawing a ball numbered 1? There are 2 ways to draw a 1, since there are two balls numbered 1. The total possible number of outcomes is 10, since there are 10 balls.

The probability of drawing a 1 is the ratio 2/10 = 1/5.

http://www.mathleague.com/index.php/about-the-math-league/mathreference?id=81

Go to a random dice-rolling app (or site) and roll a 1D10 (that is, a single dice with ten sides). See the space between 10s (or any other arbitrarily-chosen number). While the chance each time you roll remains 1 out of 10 (10%) you might very well NOT get any specific number once every 10 rolls. Heck, confirm this yourself with just one coin; flip it several times. It won't land once on heads and once on tails, repeating the pattern ad infinitum. Some times, it'll land 4 times in a row on heads before getting a tails. You are just using the wrong kind of math process for this situation.

25 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I got a question, for those that did the math. Is there a number of relics you can do where the probability would be about 100%?

Depends on how close to 100% that you consider as "about 100%", as it will never converge at 100%.

To get at least a 99% chance to succeed at least once, you need log0.9(1-0.99) = 43.7... or 44  trials.

To get at least a 99.9% chance to succeed at least once, you need log0.9(1-0.999) = 65.6... or 66 trials.

2 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

So, today i opened 10! Axi A2 radiant relics and havent got a single Aklex Prime Link (radiant drop rate = 10%)

If my math is correct i should have gotten atleast one aklex prime link guaranteed.

Spoiler

so-my-frend-said--who-is-bill-nye-and-im

9 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

sorry guys you are all right, after all that grind yesterday my brain was #*($%%@ up :>

The grind can drive anyone crazy. I know I was going nuts during the harrow farm. Sometimes feels like the game is against you, but you must sacrifice yourself to the fires of the RNG gods, and even then they may not be satiated.