Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A very odd, irritating, ridiculous and personal problem I have with Warframe.

SprinKah

Ok...before I say anything that may or may sound bloody ridiculous to you all, I want to clarify that I love Warframe and this little problem of mine isn't even something that's...like..big. It's quite a stupid personal ordeal I have with things in Warframe that even I know it's stupid but despite of that, I still find it so darn irritating. Why am I sharing this? I honestly don't know but I guess it's just something I want to discuss with...other people than my internal self...goddammit, okay here we go.

All this, may seem laughable and yeah, i definitely know so, you can laugh at what I'm about to say and mock me or whatever but i hope you can understand and hopefully...relate with me just somewhat..right...

I love Warframe, most of it is because of the unique and awesome enemies and factions in the game, this may sound surprising to some of you guys but I really don't give as much damn about the Tenno as I do about the Grineer and Corpus, Grineer to a much bigger extent, I love the Grineer, I just bloody love them.

I'm a veteran in Warframe and after long hours of cutting and chopping through hordes of enemies, I got quite bored of that. Not bored to the point of wanting to quit Warframe or anything. I found something better to do with my time in Warframe and it is to...observe the aesthetics of the world of Warframe. It gets really personal overtime, it hurts.

So, when Nox came out, I thought to myself that things are going to be great, Nox is going to be awesome and I am going to have quite a lot of fun with him in the Simulacrum.

So things basically went, Nox kills everything until the Scrambuses and Combas. Because in my eyes they're like...the Corpus equivalent of Nox, yeah? So this tiny little thing pops up, Nox started to pretty much...become a nuisance to the Scrambuses and Combas after level 30, the ones with Detron and Angstrum at least, they pretty much destroys Nox everytime.

And it bugs me that...why is this happening, you know? Cause Nox don't really spawn all that much, the Scrambus and Comba on the other hand, are quite a handful and...Oh man I don't even know anymore. Maybe I'm just bias?

Practically...Nox is way more tankier and prove to be a more of a pain to the Tenno than the Scrambuses and Combas with their damn hoverskates and god damn homing weapons, regenerating shield and all that fanciness....Do have to admit, the Detron that they use...deal a BUNCH of damage.

I suppose sometimes, there are things that are...illogical in warframe and don't really matter much at all that really REALLY bug me.

So yeah...I dont know why I am making a thread like this, bashing my stupid problems in your face, of course anybody can choose to not read my stupid rant but...yeah...

I suppose that's...that...oh man, all this, making a thread sharing my personal problem...in my head, I envisioned it to be much better than this, i made quite a bad case but heck, I ain't hurting nobody. I mean it's probably not even Warframe design's fault, like I said...personal.

I still like Nox way better than those ridiculous-looking skaters. Though it hurts thinking that they, those bloody hippies, are very capable to taking out Nox...after level 30 at least...yeah.

BEST SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM O' MINE: Nerf them bloody skaters, at least tone down the damage the deal with their Swarmer Detrons...jeez.

Edited by SprinKah

The Detron does radiation damage with is good against grineer. The nox does toxin damage which is eh against corpus. The Detron is also much faster than the nox and the modular corpus (scrambus and the like.) are more maneuverable. It makes total sense. 

10 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

The Detron does radiation damage with is good against grineer. The nox does toxin damage which is eh against corpus. The Detron is also much faster than the nox and the modular corpus (scrambus and the like.) are more maneuverable. It makes total sense. 

I know, those damn skaters are equiped with everything to battle against Nox, good mobility, fast as hell, HOMING weapons!?

I really just want them to...par with each other you know, it's just quite irritating to see Nox, so much more vulnerable and inefficient when it comes to facing those scrambuses....

and bloody hell, even against the Comba, the scrambuses without rollerkskates, they still suffer, just to a...lesser extent.

and I tell you, it just keeps getting worse and worse as their level gets bigger, Nox just keeps becoming more and more of a bad match to them...

And I don't know about the Swarmer detron dealing Radiation dmg, the wiki says so but I've only seen them procing Blast, knocking enemies down and stuff...

yeah...

Edited by SprinKah

2 minutes ago, TheSketchDevice said:

I just like that you pit enemies against each other in gladiator fights in the simulacrum for fun

that's...pretty much what I mostly do in Warframe now, when I'm bored without content to play with...

2 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

I know, those damn skaters are equiped with everything to battle against Nox, good mobility, fast as hell, HOMING weapons!?

I really just want them to...par with each other you know, it's just quite irritating to see Nox, so much more vulnerable and inefficient when it comes to facing those scrambuses....

and bloody hell, even against the Comba, the scrambuses without rollerkskates, they still suffer, just to a...lesser extent.

yeah...

After encountering a lvl 110 eximus nox I can say that at higher levels the nox wins. I could one shot sortie scrambus' with the Tigris prime. But it took almost 20 headshots with the Tigris prime to kill a nox of the same level. 

Ye, it makes 100% sense that the Scrambus and Comba, with a lot of their configurations, would demolish Nox. Nox has a fixed skillset, he tanks and and he charges and he fires exploding sludge. Scrambus and Comba are so diverse in skillset and much more adaptable. They also do a lot more damage than Nox. The reason Nox is a problem for Tenno is because he hits straight through shields, which we use as a buffer to taking actual health damage, this makes him very dangerous to Tenno. To Scrambus and Comba even, they are far too maneuverable and deal more damage per second than the Nox, he doesn't really stand much of a chance the more they get on in levels.

Just now, Miser_able said:

After encountering a lvl 110 eximus nox I can say that at higher levels the nox wins. I could one shot sortie scrambus' with the Tigris prime. But it took almost 20 headshots with the Tigris prime to kill a nox of the same level. 

I did say that practically, Nox is a lot more durable than the Modular Corpus skaters, I fully know that it takes a lot more bullers to kill them.

Despite that, in this case...I am talking about the scenario where Nox and Skater fight each other...

yeah...

Also, Nox Eximus, I haven't tested that yet but cause I don't have scans of them but yknow it's an eximus of Nox. a level 110 one that's what you were dealing with :|

25 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Actually toxin bypasses the staple defense of Corpus-shields.

The real problem is that the Nox ALSO bypasses Tenno shields.

And so Nox can't be too powerful or the community will not like it.

Which means that Corpus at range are going to have their way.

15 minutes ago, AtoKitsune said:

Ye, it makes 100% sense that the Scrambus and Comba, with a lot of their configurations, would demolish Nox. Nox has a fixed skillset, he tanks and and he charges and he fires exploding sludge. Scrambus and Comba are so diverse in skillset and much more adaptable. They also do a lot more damage than Nox. The reason Nox is a problem for Tenno is because he hits straight through shields, which we use as a buffer to taking actual health damage, this makes him very dangerous to Tenno. To Scrambus and Comba even, they are far too maneuverable and deal more damage per second than the Nox, he doesn't really stand much of a chance the more they get on in levels.

when you put it like that, yeah

I do have to admit, I have been in a HUGE denial pit, it's not even WORTH IT...

I know Scrambuses are...well...counter to Nox...Hell even Nox has troubles fighting against Combas (Scrambus without skaters ) after level 30...

at level 25 though, Nox completely wrecks all of them I tell you.

But yeah, Scrambuses, they're very mobile and have...homing weapons, they're very equipped with the right things to fight against Nox.

I just really wish they'd par equally with each other, you know...

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Actually toxin bypasses the staple defense of Corpus-shields.

The real problem is that the Nox ALSO bypasses Tenno shields.

And so Nox can't be too powerful or the community will not like it.

Which means that Corpus at range are going to have their way.

yeah, sometimes I do feel a bit selfish for wanting these sort of things, like TOTAL POWER FOR THE GRINEER, you know...

it hurts me, inside, because of these little things, I never asked to feel this way, this is becoming really bad for me...

I just want to see Nox wrecks one Skater bugger...god dammit.

It hurts that there's this little gas releaser thingy on his glass helmet that doesn't even do anything, originally I thought it was going to be used to like...release gas into the path he walks on and such but nope, it's just there and it bugs me....I had to make up some stuff to ease the pain.

2 hours ago, SprinKah said:

when you put it like that, yeah

I do have to admit, I have been in a HUGE denial pit, it's not even WORTH IT...

I know Scrambuses are...well...counter to Nox...Hell even Nox has troubles fighting against Combas (Scrambus without skaters ) after level 30...

at level 25 though, Nox completely wrecks all of them I tell you.

But yeah, Scrambuses, they're very mobile and have...homing weapons, they're very equipped with the right things to fight against Nox.

I just really wish they'd par equally with each other, you know...

Ye, their scaling is better simply because they develop the ability to survive the health damage. Their damage becomes much harder for the Nox to manage as well, because they are slow. But, Nox is very powerful. He's damn annoying for Tenno, too. To beat the Comba and Scrambus, conventional Grineer heavy units such as Heavy Gunners and Bombards and squads of hitscan Grineer units do very well. As well as hyekka masters. But, they are somewhat unfair as units, honestly.

4 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

As the Grineer's armor scales higher and higher, isn't the results in the OP going to change? 

Weirdly...no, it kinda sủprises me that the higher the level, the harder it is for Nox to fight against a scrambus or comba, when their detron still does quite hefty dmg to Nox

Tho, ive only tested to level 60, not sure about like...100 or something

Because those Angstrum and Detron Combas/ Scrambus' are stupidly OP, like Napalm fireball levels of OP, or Drover Bursa/ Denial Bursa/ Hellion/ Hellion Dargryn missile swarm levels of OP since it's a guaranteed hit even if you dodge roll or use flares in Archwing ((Their missiles keep going a bit after death)) Or Isolator Bursa levels of OP and annoying. DE doesn't seem to understand that S#&$ty enemy design does not make for challenging gameplay.

Well, this is actually very interesting. A long time ago when there weren't any Noxes I myself used to enjoy these funny gladiator fights. I don't remember every aspect of them and actually did very few of this, but I think that I understood in general how this system works.

As you make the level of the enemies in the Simulacrum higher and try to face every of three major factions yourself, you begin to understand their general strategies.

As I think, every faction is almost perfectly balanced against non-levelling Tenno and has it's unique behavior.

The Grineer is basically a tank faction. Their strategy is to endure your damage long enough to make you run out of energy or ammo and then just finish you with their high numbers of low damage soldiers.

The Corpus is a damage dealer faction. They rely on high burst dmg rather than armor. Their strategy is to kill you before you kill them. That's why they use their Moas running into your face while the Techs keep the distance to make a ton of damage which will wreck even the strongest tank. And if you decide to use abilities, they will try to deny them first.

Finally, the Infested is a crowd control faction. Their strategy is to protect their buffers and CC units while the crowd buffed by the Ancients and almost unkillable with it's numbers dealing with you.

All this sounds great but doesn't work against levelling enemy who doesnt use abilities spending energy on them. The AI of the enemies which is kind of stupid makes this even worse. For example, the general strategy of the Greneer doesn't work at all when facing an enemy that never runs out of ammo and energy and deals more and more dps as the lvl grows. However the strategy of the Corpus works perfectly against the Grineer and even better than against the Tenno as their damage numbers are tiny even at lvl 140 compared to a fully modded Tigris Prime. Their emergency shield osprey spawning, shield regen, high mobility and nulifier bubles make that even worse. As for the Infested, I didn't test them but as I think they will probably remain unbeatable even for the Corpus as the AI can't figure out to kill the buffers first so the Infested will simply outnumber and outcontrol the Corpus. So there's no use to find any balance in gladiator fights as the enemies of different factoins are not balanced correctly for these.