The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lephantis Corpus Head does not open up [Fixed]

johnyF01

So here is the solution :)

1. do not use any defensive abilities during the last phase like frost frame (if' you will try to hide urself in the bubble the boss gonna think you're dead/gone/invisible whatever)

2. if i understand it right there is only one bugged head! (the one without a face or big fckng claw) kill it asap 

3. rotation that worked for me- shoot only one HEAD do not do any dmg to other ones, 1-head without a face or claw(bugged one), 2- venomous head, 3-claw head.

Profit. 

Hope it will work for you aswell.

Its just irresponsible, since August and still no real solution, and on top of that as returning Player a real pain in the Butt cause the freaking Junction required the buggiest fight in the entire game... Sry maybe im a little bit oldscool but before i would implement new stuff i would take care that the existing stuff works as intended, and its not buggy like hell.

So annoying now i have to waste another,  1h to make the blueprint and another 30 min to try to finish the mission.. oh my god... and you had this proplem so long ago and no fix... Jesus this makes me mad... F*** this S#&$ srsly.

On 9/13/2017 at 4:49 PM, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! This is an issue we are looking into. We do not have a timeline for a fix but we are investigating. 

How about instead of wasting mountains of your players' valuable time while you leave a game-breaking years-old bug completely unfixed, you instead FIRST failsafe the broken boss.  The corpus head should just never close.  Disable it completely if you have to, so it just waves around open.  We should not have to trade voodoo incantations and ridiculous guess workarounds for a completely unnecessary game-breaking bug like this.  If you, the developer, don't like the head being open, then you, the developer can prioritize fixing the bug and then you'll be able to get it closing again.

We should not have to wait for it to open, failing mission after mission with hour-long key waits.

You should have to prioritize getting it closed.

Leaving this in the game is, in absolutely no uncertain terms, incredibly insulting to your players.

And yes, I am here like so many others exactly because my wife and I just got another locked corpus head, losing our first Eleventh Storm drop and various other resources on top of all the time spent trying to tease it open.  As a player, as a gamer, as a programmer, for something like this to be left live in the game is disgusting.

22 hours ago, Deathsblaze said:

I keep on trying to finish this mission to get to the last planet on the map that is not open to me.  It is bugging on the 2 part for me.  PLEASE FIX THIS DAMN THING since I am burning up resources to make the key to get into this place.

aborting mission refunds your key. fyi

So I think I found a workaround:

I believe the bug is that when the pods Corpus Head shoots despawn they are still listed as being active and eventually there are too many "active" pods on the field so it won't shoot more (and therefore won't open).

Each time the Corpus Head opened in either phase I would shoot it as much as possible until it launched the pod, then go find and kill the pod. By doing this it would keep opening normally in phase2 and I was able to kill it.

Devs, until you fix this please just set the Corpus Head health to 1hp in both phases. It won't break anything else in the fight. I am a new player that spent money on a Prime Access pack and if I didn't have the patience to keep trying different ways to beat the boss over and over I would be completely pissed. This is gated content.

Edited by LogicalAxiom

And it's still happening. Maybe when the corpus head is the last one, a popup window could appear requesting 10 plat to finish the mission. Seems like the best way to bring this mission into line with the design philosophy being demonstrated.

3 hours ago, LogicalAxiom said:

So I think I found a workaround:

I believe the bug is that when the pods Corpus Head shoots despawn they are still listed as being active and eventually there are too many "active" pods on the field so it won't shoot more (and therefore won't open).

Each time the Corpus Head opened in either phase I would shoot it as much as possible until it launched the pod, then go find and kill the pod. By doing this it would keep opening normally in phase2 and I was able to kill it.

Devs, until you fix this please just set the Corpus Head health to 1hp in both phases. It won't break anything else in the fight. I am a new player that spent money on a Prime Access pack and if I didn't have the patience to keep trying different ways to beat the boss over and over I would be completely pissed. This is gated content.

I've moved through the various workarounds people have posted, this in conjunction with not using right click (aim/aim glide) and avoiding damaging the other heads at all while the corpus head was alive was what got it to work for me. I'll see if I can replicate once I've slept, might've been a one-off.

So I just killed him again, tried a few different ways to experiment. I have to amend my last post a bit. (Note that during the kill just now I aim jumped, regular aimed, and hurt both other heads a little before killing the Corpus.

The Corpus Head will bug out when ANY of the pods it shoots are unable to spawn. I don't know whats causing this, if they are going under terrain or something, but I was able to make it bug out multiple times by having it shoot the pod into the doorway in phase2.

The easiest workaround was to not stay anywhere near the door or any walls.

Devs, PLEASE just hotfix the corpus heads health to be 1hp.

Wasted 3 days on this. 
Will try some tips and trix posted here but ill give up soon.
So boring.

*Ok, i managed the fight now.
What i did was.
Changed frame to Rhino.
Stayed in middle as much as possible in phase one, just to sides to pick up ammo. (Don't think this matters doe)

Phase two, chase down the "no face" first, Lephantis will rotate but just keep running.
Finnish off the other two.
I did the claw / sword thing last.

gl

Edited by _Challe_

The first head of the boss Lephtis ceases to open after some time unable to kill, in some cases it is kept closed also in the second phase, making it impossible to destroy causing a loss of play for time. This bug is very annoying to correct or to remove that head or to remove the invabilidadabilidad of her during the game.

Edited by Turunga