Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duality Equinox. In deeps review.

Chatv71e

On 2018-10-14 at 5:07 AM, Chatv71e said:

Alright you clone lovers, we finally got some new content.
I'll try to waste some of my time and put in the good stuff, but I'm just too lazy so its not gonna be fast.

As a heads up here is key moments.

Duality is prety good in Arbitrations simply beacause

1) Its ability that summons a weapon that does weapon damage. Meaning it will be doing weapon damage and  fully ignore ability immunity

2) AI prioritizes flying targets. The annoying drones are flying targets. Duality will seek and kill them first.

3) Low risc of getting killed because you prolly gonna be on a high ground, 300m away from enemies, letting your duality snipe things.

Due to that, I will be adding more hot spots for Interceptions and Defs where you can place your duality and laugh at lvl 100 enemies.

Build changes are also incoming. TL;DR I'm adding 2 mods to the build - Adaptation and  Quick Thinking. Both of them WILL affect your clone. (Primed  flow however, will not, so your clone will have base energy pool). 90% dmg reduction for both you and clone is pretty damn good.

As for the weapons, nothing new, nothing great. Lots of new melees, usless for duality. Rubico prime is decent pick. For Arbitrations  Amprex + Stubba/Arca Scisco is a great combo. Maybe I'll come up with something better.

Hello I'm very keen for the new build, when do you think you might get it done by, will it have energy transfer???

2 hours ago, Ninjas_ said:

Hello I'm very keen for the new build, when do you think you might get it done by, will it have energy transfer???

Just for you bby~

unknown.png

This is the build I'm using for pretty much everything. 

As usual, you can replace Vitality and Adaptation with range mods (Stretch and Augur Reach) but that will make you rather squishy. Good when you have someone to back you up in a team, but for arbitrations, full tank is much better.

Even if enemy can get through your 1000 HP with 90% DR, there is till Primed Flow and full energy pool ( Because only ability you use is 1 and costs 25 energy) for Quick thinking.

I’m definitely having a lot of fun with Duality these days since it really synergizes with Energy Transfer. My only regret is that the base duration for Duality is quite low at 10 seconds. If it had a slight buff to 15 seconds I would be really content with the mod. It would defeat the slight necessity for Narrowminded.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-10-17 at 12:23 PM, Chatv71e said:

Just for you bby~

unknown.png

This is the build I'm using for pretty much everything. 

As usual, you can replace Vitality and Adaptation with range mods (Stretch and Augur Reach) but that will make you rather squishy. Good when you have someone to back you up in a team, but for arbitrations, full tank is much better.

Even if enemy can get through your 1000 HP with 90% DR, there is till Primed Flow and full energy pool ( Because only ability you use is 1 and costs 25 energy) for Quick thinking.

Just started trying out Duality and am having fun so far. The question I have is if you are only using the 1 ability, what purpose does Overextended serve?

On 2018-11-09 at 7:51 AM, xVeritas said:

Just started trying out Duality and am having fun so far. The question I have is if you are only using the 1 ability, what purpose does Overextended serve?

I don't use just one ability. Sometimes you might want to sleep some fat enemies to use Covert Lethality on them ( like Noxes), sometimes you wan to heal yourself up a little bit with 4. If you don't have overextend, your range is like 5m and you won't get any good with that. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a fan of Duality Equinox Myself. Here's a few things I can theory up for ya.

Pax Bolt Arcane for kitguns gives you 30% Efficiency and 30% power strength on your next ability cast. Power Strength in particular seems to persist on toggle casts for the full duration of the toggle like Energy Conversion does. Efficiency adjusts drains live and I think it should be buffed to apply for drains as well. Power Strength would apply to your metamorphosis buffs, giving your night equinox valuable armor. You just have to make sure to get a headshot kill before form changing. Things like Provoke into Metamorph Night Form into Pacify are all affected by Pax Bolt, every step of the way, compounding the power each time if you can sneak a headshot kill between the casts. Since Rest doesn't need power strength you can cast Rest to make triggering Pax Bolt easier. I don't have it yet, but the logic should be sound.

Secondly, Maim's cast inflcts slash procs on the whole room. Companions have synergy with Equinox by virtue of a build that works with Duality generally gives you a tanky companion as well. If you're going to be running Adaptation, I still recommend Arcane Guardian as Guardian's buffs do apply to Armor Link. Couple that with the Hunter Mod's Set Bonus of increasing damage on slashed targets and Maim becomes a damage buff to your companion.

Energy Transfer has Synergy with Duality. This was already stated but I can't stress enough how powerful Energy Transfer is, even on its own, and how insanely busted it is with Duality. You don't need an auto turret clone with long duration feeding your Mend+Maim if your ability to change form doesn't interfere with it. I've worked with shorter duration Duality Clone, even in elite sancturary onslaught.

I still need to tweak my build but I'll gladly show you the Duality+Energy Transfer builds I use for ESO and general play in a later post.

Should point out I also didn't know Quick Thinking and Adaptation affected Duality, that's going to be influencing my build tweaks later. Might even let me run without narrowminded such that I can run Energy Transfer and efficiency to run all of equinox's abilities. Pacify+Metamoprh Armor for rage tanking and then switching back to Day to CC and buff companion damage. Stuff like that is crazy.

Edited by Azimbee

After reading this I modded myself a duality build and enoyed it a lot. I had my clone use a high-powered Tombfinger and the results are great. He seemingly never misses and often shoots targets accurately up to 80 meters away. It's too bad that the clones are dumber than a stack of bricks. Unfortunately, weapon arcanes are not shared; it would work wonders with Pax Charge.

On another note: I wish Energy Transfer worked with skill #3 as well, but it would be too op.

• 3 weeks later...

Today i've read all the post and it's awesome.

I want to share my build to show another way to play duality or to improve mine.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Equinox/t_30_4230400030_2-0-10-46-5-5-49-4-9-50-8-5-54-2-10-58-9-5-256-6-3-479-1-10-650-3-3-857-7-5_2-6-479-7-54-7-650-9-49-8-46-11-256-9-857-7-50-14-58-9_0/en/1-0-38

Equilibrium and zenurik for gain as much energy as i can.

Speed holster to prepare the clone with the right weapon.

Some range for the others abilities.

Enemy radar to know when to use maim or sleep.

Natural talent to make the gameplay more agile and quicker.

And, of course, as much duration as I can.

I don't play with flow cause I use all the abilities as much as i can. So 225 of energy is enough almost all the time.

With this build I'm quite comfortable but I can't decide on my weapon loadout.

I have Plasmor Arca, Tigris prime, Hek V and Vectis Prime. But I don't have any riven from these. With rivens I have Lanka, Haprak, Sybaris and Cernos.

Thanks for reading me. 😉

Edited by (PS4)pol_gomez

• 3 years later...
On 2022-09-13 at 10:01 AM, Gemtech said:

bumped into the original poster of this thread in index closer to page 2 or 3 a long time ago, ive always been impressed and enjoyed the build 

was pretty concerned with the changes this build would be dead but it still works rather well if you are using shotguns, i used the kuva ogris in one of the "problematic" lol builds for a while but since aoe nerfs have switched her back to shotguns and its still a very viable build if you read the OP's description about what sort of weapons are good and what sort of weapons are bad ; bumped into a new player tonight and helped them get some credits and they had fund and i had fun so good enough for me 

You daree to wake me up from the slumber after all this years?!

Fine! Be that way. Have a little update.
So I've been out of the game for a long time. Came back and had a lot of fun with the build but then they nerfed ammo and reload to the point this is no borderline unusable. 

Still, there are several weapons that are better than most as well as update on the build itself.

First of all - Helminth. No matter what version of the Duality build you will use - Pacify & Provoke remains a usless ability. So its a smart thing to replace it. 

My choice - Ocvativa Resonator. A simple meat shield that will protect you and your squishy clone a lot.
Other good picks -  Protea    Dispensary,  Khora    Ensnare. Both have good synergy, but I like to be able to summon my Tank and my DPS.

Because of Ocvativa Resonator being one of the abilities, build now could use a bit more Range. Range also enable the usage of your other abilities like 2 and 4.

And looks about like this.

https://overframe.gg/build/new/2462/equinox-prime/?bs=WzEsMjQ2MiwzMCwxLFtbMjAwLDMsNF0sWzE0MzEsMTAsMl0sWzE5OSwzLDRdLFs4MDAsMTAsMV0sWzgyMCwzLDFdLFs3OTQsNSwyXSxbNzkwLDUsMl0sWzgyNCwxMCwyXSxbMzA3LDUsM10sWzgyNSwzLDNdLFsyMTU2LDIsMF0sWzIxNjIsMSwwXV0sWzIsNDk0OF1d

Rage and Energy Siphon helps with spamming abilities

Energy Transfer helps your clone to gather up a lot of damage in case you are doing an endless run.

Narrow mind has to be this level to not mess up the duration of your clone too much and not reduce your range too much.

Now to the weapons.

TL;DR - galvanized mods, arcanes and incarnations do not work on specters.

Primary.

Oh boy... nerf after nerf after nerf. Most of the stuff listed still works, but ammo consumption limits potions a LOT.

Vectis prime I almost never switch. Still think its the best. Lost of ammo, very high damage, good accuracy in AI hands. Deadly 300% boosted slash procs.

The build:

https://overframe.gg/build/new/1089/vectis-prime/?bs=WzEsMTA4OSwzMCwxLFtbNTgyLDUsM10sWzU4OSwzLDFdLFs1OTEsMywxXSxbMjQ5OSw4LDMsW1szNywwLjI0NDkwNzYxODcyODM4MDNdLFszNCwwLjI0NDExMTUwODM1ODM3Mzc4XSxbMjUsMC4yODUyMDUwMjczNTQxNDA3N11dLFs0NSwwLjUwMDc2MjQ1Mzc2OTExMjRdLDgsMywwXSxbNjI1LDUsMV0sWzY4OCw1LDFdLFs1NTIwLDEwLDFdLFs2MjYsOCwxXSxbMCwwLDNdLFswLDAsMF1dXQ==

Crit, Slash, Viral+Heat is the combo you are looking on the weapons.

Spoiler bow (and bows in general) got some love. AI handles them well, but in case of Nataruk there are several benefits.

"No headshot multiplier on charged or perfect shots." Perfect for Specter who only does body shots.

"Releasing the shot after 2/3rds of a full charge, indicated by white brackets and the reticle turning yellow, will perform a "Perfect Shot", with higher critical chance and critical multiplier over a fully Charged Shot." - Specter will almost always perform a "Perfect Shot" due to changes to AI. Making most shots not only powerful, but also to have a huge hit box so its really hard to miss.

The build:

https://overframe.gg/build/new/5725/nataruk/?bs=WzEsNTcyNSwzMCwxLFtbNjM3LDUsMV0sWzY4OCw1LDFdLFs1ODksMywxXSxbNTgzLDgsMV0sWzYyNiw4LDFdLFs2MjUsNSwxXSxbNTgyLDUsM10sWzU1MjAsMTAsMV0sWzAsMCwzXSxbMCwwLDBdXV0=

Heat + massive slash procs. 0 Forma. You can upgrade it even further adding some viral, maybe a riven. I didn't have time to playtest it further but even as it - it slaps and destroys lvl 165 eximuses.

Honorable mentions/Assumptions.

This are the weapons that I think would perform well in current state of the game.

Dread - powerful slash crits. Opticor Vandal - High charge speed, good slash procs and even a bit of AOE. Exegris - low ammo consumption, big damage.

Secondary.

Oh boy... There is one singular weapon of mass distruction that stands above all.

SPORELACER obliderates enemies.

The build

https://overframe.gg/build/new/5305/sporelacer/?bs=WzEsNTMwNSwzMCwxLFtbNDE2LDEwLDNdLFs0MDMsMywxXSxbNDA1LDMsMV0sWzQwMiw1LDFdLFs0MzEsNSwxXSxbNDEzLDgsMV0sWzQxNSwxMCwxXSxbNDI1LDgsMV0sW10sWzUyNjUsMCwwXSxbMCwwLDBdXSxbMjYyMSwyNjA4XV0=

You just have to try it. Its better than Zarr, has massive ammo pool, doesn't even consume that much ammo, gas great AOE.

The dowonside - can't land far shots. But that is what Primary weapon for. 

Other okay weapons

Staticor, Stubba, Zakti, Atomos, Arca Scisco.

Melee

Is a joke. If you wanna meme - try Jet Kittag with Vulcan Blitz.

Another importan thing. As for now, all Heavy Weapons (Archwing Weapons) do not consume ammo. You can summon Duality while holding AW weapon and it will use it for good. 

Most of AW weapons are great. Imperator Vandal - pinpoint shots with high relod and fire rate, Grattler for massive damage and AOE, Larkspur - to have Atomos on steroids.

Its me again. Felt like playing Warframe for a bit and experiment with new-'ish' weapons. As well as polish the build a bit to make it well rounded for any end game content.

From Endurance runs to Archon Hunts.

And I must say there is a lot to min max, but that's where the fun is.

I also tested several new weapons - all of them turned to be very strong and I list the results later, so if you are not interested about min maxing for end game, feel free to scroll down.

When it comes to the endgame there are several issues that build needs to solve.

1) Survivability problem

This includes both your and your clone survivability and for the most part the problems start around level 140+. So we are talking about Archon Hunts and Steel Path Endurance runs.

At that level of content the damage is so high that if you are not straight up invulnerable, you (and your clone) will most likely die in 1 hit. 

There are several ways to deal with the issue.

-) Vazarin focus school.

I would take this every time, even though there are interesting options that helps solving other problems that build has, Vazarin has the biggest amount of useful abilities.

You can make yourself and your clone invulnerable for 5 seconds while healing up by 60% of max life. This also works on your companions. 

Grants your team Iron Skin effect that can be very helpful at times.

Pulls enemies into a vortex that lines them up for Duality to kill them easily. This is minor because you already have CC abilities.

Instant revives. 

-) Helminth Ability

There are several options that I tested, but Octavia Resonator still comes on top. Its just too good of an ability, making 99% of damage go away. Yes there will be still damage from eximus units and bosses that are not affected by the ability, but removing trash mobs is a massive boost to survivability. It also costs 50 energy that feeds into Shield Gating (see below)

The other decent options are:

Ivara - Quiver - Cloack Arrow - its superior to the Resonator in every way except usability. Invisibility works on all enemies including eximus and bosses, but making use of invisibility is rather hard. First of all, you can't target yourself with it. All you can do is to drop an arrow on the ground and stay in the zone. Second of all, its nearly impossible to target your Duality with an arrow because 1)its constantly moving 2) if its spawned in invisible zone its alost impossible to see it. The moment clone leaves the zone - it dies and most likely kills you with drawn fire. 

Saryn - Molt - its okay, but not great. It acts like an extra player in terms of agro, so it doesn't taunt ALL the enemies to attack it, just  the close ones. And unlike Resonator, its stationary. I've seen it fool bosses, but not Archons, they seem to ignore it. Its instant cast and costs 50 energy that is perfect for Shield Gate.

Khora - Ensnare - needs testing.

-) Shield gating.

Shield gating is a mechanic that causes you to become invulnerable for a few seconds when your shield breaks. The idea is to be able to fully restore shield before invulnerability ends to be able to become invulnerable again, and keep this cycle up forever.

Everyone doing that. Everyone knows about it. If you don't feel free to educate yourself

You will need Decaying Dragon Key, a Brief Respite aura mod and ability that costs 50+ energy. 

My personal feeling on it - its okay, but not amazing. Relly on it too much and you will die. It also makes you spam costly abilities and run out of energy real fast in solo mode. 

-) Mod your Warframe

This is most likely the least effective way to get survivability but it still counts.

I find that having at least Vitality helps a lot to not die to random toxin procs. 

Rolling Guard is another option to keep yourself alive, but I don't like it. It doesn't do anything for the clone, its bothersome to keep track of the cooldown, and with Vazarin, you can just use operator to give yourself inculnerability.

Adaptation is a good option. Works on you and a clone, but rather hard to fit in.

Extra range mods - empower your Resonator. The bigger the area - the less enemies will target you.

2) Enemy armor problem

While infested and corpus is a joke, any actually armored enemy past level 140 is a big problem, because both Duality weapons and Maim nuke damage is greatly reduced by armor.

The way to deal with it would be

-) Priming your weapon.

You can sacrifice one of the weapons you use to empower your other gun, by making a gun-build that doesn't do any damage but specifically removes enemy armor/boosts damage enemy takes greatly.

I don't particually like this idea because we already use our primary and secondary weapons to have one AOE damage gun and one single target gun for fat bosses. But if you are fine with having just 1 weapon - by all means use priming strategy.

That being said - some of the enemies can be fully status immune.

-) Unairu focus school.

A costly thing to have. You will no longer be able to heal and become invulnerable, but will gain ability to delete enemy shields and armor at will. 

The problem with this - it doesn't work on Archons. Yep. The entire purpose of this 'boss killer' school just ignored by the strongest boss in the game.

The range of the abilities is rather small too, so its only really effective on bosses.

The only time I feel the impact of it, really, is Demolists. Maaaaybe Acolytes, but those die really fast anyway.

-) Helminth ability

You could replace Resonator with an armor stripping ability, however, because the build doesn't have a lot of Ability Strength, the armor stripping will be heavily crippled.

Needs more testing but so far Ember Fire Blast looks interesting. 30% armor strip + Heat proc. But the price is too steep.

-) Using companions

Companions have several abilities that strip enemy armor, but keeping them alive is even harder than keeping Duality clone alive.

The most useful one would be Kavat with buffs to crits it can ocasionaly give to the clone.

However, companions are also DISABLED in Archon hunts. So it kinda kills the whole purpose.

-) Using the melee weapon

The best solution to the problem. But also the weakest one.

By using Shattering Impact on gunblade like Sarpa can strip any unit out of ammo, while also making use of melee weapons slot. It DOES work on Archon making this option the best one.

The problem is - its takes a really long time to remove armor. During that time you are fully exposed to damage.

Here is build I use - it also adds up some armor stripping status effects to further help with bosses when their armor is not fully removed.

-) Using Corrosive Projection

Doesn't fully strip armor. Takes away an aura slot. Still a decent way to amp your damage.

3) Energy problem.

Spamming your 1 and your 3 can be taxing. Add to the mix that you might also want to use your 2 once in a while and we have a problem.

In a normal content you'd sustain energy with Rage and healing no problem. But at 140+ you can't really take hits or you will die.

(This might change if DE will bring back self damage, but we will have to see)

Its also not really a problem in edurance runs because enemies drop a lot of energy orbs.

Its mostly problem in Archon hunts.

Solutions:

-) Swap Extra rage for Primed Flow.

As sad as it is - I feel like its neede. 250 total energy is not enough for Archon hunts. And you don't really need extra range there. 

-) Use energy pads.

-) Zenurik focus school.

A steep prise to fix energy problems, but it works. Can't say its worth it those, but you can experiment with it - see if you like it. Mind that energy does not regenerate wthile you using 4.

TL;DR

Use Resonator, Vazarin focus school, Sarpa with Shattering Impact and energy pads and you can carry even the hardest content.

Build that I had to solo Archon hunt:

Warframe

Primary

Secondary

Melee

If you wanna put the build to the test in simulacrum - use the following enemies that represent different defence layers in the game.

Corrupted Heavy Gunner Eximus - armor and overguard

Deimos Jugulus - armor and %damage reduction

Juggernaut - armor and massive % damage reduction (to try slash and AOE builds)

Feyarch Specter - status limit 1, the closest thing to the Acolyte/Boss.

Weapons and mechanics tested so far

Cedo - works as intended. A great way to prime your enemies without losing a slot. The passive mechanic (more damage against enemies with status effects) 100% works on the clone! However, the damage felt a bit too low still.

Daikyu - the idea was to use eidolon build and make clone into oneshot machine. Didn't work - the damage is a bit low. Vectis prime stands above this one in both damage and usability. 

Scourge - this is very interesting one. Clearly you not gonna use it for damage, Its just for priming your secondary weapons. But it works rather well. Alt fire that creates a bubble around enemy head atracts Duality's bullets. On top of that, the weapon can be moded heavily into status with Viral + Corrosive making an insanely powerful combo. There is a lot to explore with this one. But the fact that it enables specter to score headshots is enough to consider it.

And the winner of the new best weapon

Felarx - basically, through some testing I can confirm. The passive 2000% damage chance DOES WORK on clone. And clone itself has 300% fraction bonus against enemies. This makes up for a devastating damage combo. If you've seen the one-shot Archon videos, you should know how powerful it can be. However, unlike those videos, we do not benefit from arcanes or galvanized mods or headshot damage. So while there won't be oneshots, there will be massive consistent damage that even Archon cant reduce enough. More so if you strip some of archon's armor.

Misc

As for now - Duality is bugged again making it not consume player ammo from most weapons and be able to use ammo on a weapons with 0 ammo. Like Kuva Bramma. Go have fun while you can.

This also means that weapons with multi-reload like Felarx - will reload instantly in hands of the clone. Go have fun while you can. 

DE also patched out ability to use Archguns on the Duality. Big sad. Its not like Archguns were even strong to begin with, but it was fun to tinker with... Not sure why they do that when there are clearly more problematic bugs like scuffed aim and double reload.

Here is the question to those who might read this far - should I update the first post with the info that is more up to date?

Its been a long time since the last update, so listing up all the things tested will be too much.

Lets quickly go through core things first.

Duality. The augment to Equinox 1 that creates a specter that uses the weapon you hold.

Basic Mechanics

Spoiler
  • Specter use weapon mods, but not all of them work. Mods that provide buffs on timer – such as Galvanized mods – do not work. Mods that provide raw stats do work – such as Rivens. Mods that provide special effects – 50/50 – may work, may not work.
  • Specter use warframe mods – the rule above apply to that. To put it simple Life, Shield, Armor, Damage reduction will apply to specter.
  • Arcanes do not work on specter (except one)
  • Specter will always deal 300% dmg regardless of your power strength. This is Mirage type buff. Not Rhino. Doesn’t double dip from status effects.
  • Specter will lock on and fire at anything in 200m radius in a line of sight prioritizing flying units

Why build around Duality

Spoiler

Duality adds a fair bit of depth to the build min maxing (as you will see below). Being able to swap specter weapons on flight, build a synergy between your loadout and mods AND being a fairly powerful setup makes this build rather interesting to play. Its not the strongest build out there, but watching Duality solo kills Archon or does a mission for you is rather fun.  

So I’m gonna give you update on 3 things:

1) A list and some details of the BEST weapons for using on Duality.

2) A list and some details of the BEST subsume abilities for Duality build

3) An update on the duality build itself. This one comes last because it has changes depending on the subsume abilities used.

WARNING – the build itself as well as the weapons are designed to be used in the end game. Steel path, endurance runs, archon hunts.

Even though I personally don’t use galvanized mods and rivens, the build still uses Archon shards, prime mods and certain arcnaes. For something less end game-ish – check previous posts.

This is also just my opinion on how to play this build, so feel free to stick to it, improve it with upgrades mentioned above, or do your thing.

The core idea behind this build – is to utilize the value that Duality clone provides, letting it be the main source of damage, letting it do all the work for you. But keeping the value of the rest of Equinox kit up so it was usable as well.

WEAPONS

PRIMARIES

I’m gonna be real with you. The thing with primary weapons is that they are all dominated by Sporelacer. This is mostly because lot of the recent weapons draw their power from the Alt-fire mode that Duality can not use.

For the most part  I use primary weapon as utility weapons and not as maid damage source. With some exceptions.

BEST

Best are the weapons I use on a daily basis and hardly ever change for something else, for the most part because of the massive utility or enemy melting capabilities.

Spoiler
  • Incarnon latron – this weapon is used for removing armor. You don’t want to spawn duality with it, but rather use it yourself. You can easily charge headshots on enemies you put to sleep. Its incarnon mode, used by you, can delete enemies on its own, while providing your clone with a nice supportive options. 
    The build

• Incarnon Miter – same idea – a support weapon to remove null bubbles. I don’t use it too often, but bubble removal it crucial for using your 4th ability.

• Felarx – I was using this one for pretty much every mission. Its just deletes fat enemies fast. Nowdays, I mainly use it for archon hunts. Duality with Felarx is capable of killing archon by itself, although its gonna take some time. This is because incarnon passive – 2000% DMG – works on Duality clone fully.
    The build

• Nataruk – massive slash procs, infinite punch through, massive hit box. Its hard for clone to miss with it, it damages multiple enemies at once, it doesn’t consume ammo. It lacks AOE, but performs rather well and easy to get and mod.
    The build

• Kuva Bramma – while ammo economy hit this one hard, what you still can do, is to just pull it out as your ultimate clear ability. Just use it on duality once in a while for clearing stuff up, then after all ammo is gone, switch beck to secondary and resummons the clone, while you are recovering.

• Phantasma prime – this one is currently my favorite. Instant reload, infinite punch through, amazing damage stats, 300% damage boosted fire procs. It melts eximuses and beefy enemies. However  downsides are - enemies that are status immune or can only have limited amount of statues. It is also a beam weapon, meaning it can’t reach far enemies. Still this is my most used Duality weapon right now.
    The build

JUST GOOD

Just good weapons – are weapons I don’t use too often, but they still perform well both mechanically and in terms of damage

Spoiler
  • Zarr/Kuva Zarr – slightly lower damage than above alternatives, but performs well and not too taxing on ammo.
  • Cedo – an interesting weapon. It brings nice utility – you can use alt fire yourself to prime enemies for Cedo of your clone. The passive damage per status chance seem to work for Duality in case of Cedo. But I find the damage to be lacking still.
  • Acceltra – Acceltra melts enemies. But has 2 massive downsides for me to use it more often. Detonation range – Duality will most likely be in close range of enemy most of the time and thus shots will not detonate. Ammo – ammo is a big problem for this weapon. Clone will just use it all out very fast.
  • Bubonico -  Bubonico on other hand has infinite ammo, but clone can not use alt fire. You can use it yourself, but for me – this weapon lacks AOE and range a bit. The single target damage from a clone is nice tho.
  • Proboscis cernos – basically a worse Kuva Bramma.

JUST OKAY

Weapon I typically don’t use but they are still fine today.

Spoiler
  • Ignis wraith
  • Vectis prime
  • Opticor/Vandal

NOT TESTED (BUT CAN BE GOOD)

Spoiler
  • Tennet arca plasmor
  • Trumna - good fire mode, but massive reload
  • Prizma lenz

SECONDARY WEAPONS

BEST

Spoiler

Sporelacer – pretty much best weapon from my arsenal. Its good into everything. The damage makes primary weapons look bad, the ammo is nearly infinite. A little bonus – Pax Charge is probably THE ONLY ARCANE that actually works on Duality. Making ammo pool for the weapon actually infinite.
The build

JUST GOOD

Spoiler
  • Laetum - double reload, slow projectiles, amazing damage. Lacks area of effect.
  • Epitath – this one is a bit weird. In theory – you summon duality with it and it becomes your priming sidekick – shooting enemies for you. In practice – when you would just shot 4 shots to prime everything, Duality will continue to fire till the enemy is dead. Eats through all moo pretty fast.
  • Staticor – it still packs a punch. Decent AOE, good damage, fast reload, good with ammo economy. Projectiles move a bit slow though.
  • The build
  • Atomos – great AOE clear, but the damage feels a bit lacking for me. Maybe with a better build it will perform well

JUST OKAY

Spoiler
  • Stubba
  • Zakti/Prime
  • Pyrana Prime
  • Sicarus Prime

NOT TESTED

Spoiler
  • Kuva nukor
  • Aegrit
  • Akarius
  • Kompressa
  • All other kitguns

MELEE WEAONS

Duality can’t handle melee well so melees are mostly used for utility. Or memes.

BEST

Spoiler

Vastilok – for removing armor if not using Latron.

JUST GOOD

Spoiler
  • Zenistar - for priming
  • Xoris  - for priming

JUST OKAY

Spoiler
  • Galatine Prime
  • Lesion
  • Jat Kitag - for Vulcan Blitz mode – for memes

SUBSUME ABILITIES

There are A LOT of good abilities that empower Duality clone/build. They all can be divided into 3 categories.

1. Survivability  – boots you and your clone survivability and helps your clone to land shots, Mostly with the help of crowd control
  2. Armor Strip – boost damage of you and your clone weapons as well as the damage of your 4th ability.
  3. Buffs – boost damage of you and your clone

BEST

Abilities I use on a daily basis.

Spoiler
  • Spectrorage – subsumed from Gaara. Survivability/Crowd Control. This ability has multiple benefits. The taunt caused by mirrors works on overguarded enemies and mini bosses – such as Acolytes and Demolists. Does not work on Archons. Augment provides nearly infinite energy for you and your team. Aligns nicely with ability stats that Duality build uses. Downside – mirror can be easily destroyed, but placing them inside the wall solves this issue 99% of the times. Stationary and limited to 1 – not great for missions where you need to move a lot.
    Great for – Interception, Survival, Defense, Mobile Defense, Disruption
    Bad for – Exterminate
  • Shooting Gallery -  subsumed from Mesa. Survivability/Crowd Control. This is a great CC ability of the times when you need to move around. It follows with you making enemies stop attacking you. Augment makes it work on overguarded enemies – blinding them. Downside – stops enemies from moving – making it bad for any camping/stationary missions.
    Great for – Exterminate, Interception, Mobile Defense
    Bad for – Survival, Defense

• Quiver – subsumed from Ivara. Survivability. Invisibility is the best form crowd control. Because it works on everything. Including Archons. And this is where I use it. Almost specifically for archon hunts. Augment is bugged. Don’t use it.
    Great for – Interception, Survival, Archon hunt
    Bad for – Defense, Mobile Defense, Exterminate

• Breach Surge – subsumed from Wisp. Buff+Survivability. Amazing boost to your damage. 300% damage shots made by Duality cause huge damage sparks. Using Breach surge also blinds everything in sight adding a bit of survivability. Works on Eximus units. Requires power strength – something build doesn’t have a lot of.
    Great for - Interception, Survival, Mobile Defense
    Bad for – Defense, Exterminate

JUST GOOD

Spoiler

Resonator – subsumed from Octavia. Survivability. Goes back to back with Spectrorage. Does not work on overguard enemies and minibosses, but mas much larger AOE, moves around making EVEN MORE coverage and lasts for a long while. It also travels and teleports after you, making it slightly better in non-camping missions.

Good for - Interception, Defense, Mobile Defense, Exterminate

Bad for – Disruption, Archon hunt

JUST OKAY

Spoiler
  • Eclipse – subsumed from Mirage. Buff+ Survivability. For some reason Duality clone always gets the damage buff, even when standing in a dark. You, however, can benefit from damage reduction. Out of all damage buffs – this one comes on top, providing the most damage for energy cost, duration and usability.
    Good for - Interception, Defense, Mobile Defense, Exterminate
  • Ice wave – subsumed from Frost. Survivability/Crowd Control. Decent alternative to CC above. Augment + forced Cold Procs pretty much turn this ability into a Gloom, but with 0 power strength cost. And unlike Gloom it works on overguard, bosses, mini bosses. Doesn’t work on Archons.  Gets destroyed by null bubbles and doesn’t really last for too long.
    Good for - Interception, Mobile Defense, Exterminate, Disruption
    Bad for – Defense, Survival, Archon hunt

• Larva – subsumed from Nidus. Survivability/Crowd Control. Great way to group up enemies for Duality shots. Does not work on overguard, bosses, mini bosses. Out of all ‘pull’ abilities – this one is the best because you can pull enemies from behind the walls.
    Good for - Interception, Mobile Defense, Exterminate, Defense

NICHE

Spoiler
  • Terrify – subsumed from Nekros. Survivability/Crowd Control + Armor Strip. I hate this ability. For massive power it provides it has too many downsides. Needs a lot of power strength. Kinda needs Augment (but I don’t use it). Does not linger – needs to be recasted as soon as new enemies spawn. Costs 75 energy – that is a lot for a build that already needs to sustain channeling 4 and casting 1. I have it as one of my loadouts. It makes a very… weird playstyle where you combo Terrify and 4 to delete everything. And while its powerful, it has very little to do with Duality itself. It doesn’t keep clone alive, you cant use it to help clone to do damage. Its 99% of the time just for 4.

• Flame Blast – subsumed from Ember. Armor Strip. Very little crowd control in a form of fire proc. Needs to be casted twice to fully remove armor because it caps at 75% strip. That makes it easier to fit in as you don’t need too much power strength. Only affects enemies in line of sight, but in a massive range. Fast cast. Makes you very low on survivability though.
  • Pillage – subsumed from Hildryn. Armor Strip. In my opinion it’s a worse Flame Blast. Its slower, doesn’t stun. It restores shields, but those shield will be removed by 1 bullet anyway.

BAD

Spoiler

Ensnare - subsumed from Khora. Survivability/Crowd Control. Duality kills ensured enemy and all the effects end. Amazing ability for other frames – but not for this build.

Tesla Nervos – subsumed from Vauban. Buff + Survivability/Crowd Control. Would be one of the best abilities to have, but its bugged, making duality stop attacking enemies that are targeted by rollers.

BUILD

There are several updated done to the build but for the most part it remained unchanged.

First of all – shuffled Archon shards – Added 2 yellow shards for Parkour speed. Reason is – Equinox is kinda slow. That extra movement speed REALLY makes it a night and day difference.

2 Yellow, 3 Crimson. The sweet spot for Duality duration is around 20 seconds. Anything less feels like you need to cast it a lot. Anything more  is kinda vanity – as you wanna relocate clone time to time or swap its weapons.

Core of the build

Builds I use

What changed from last time.

A whole bunch

Shiledgate change

Spoiler

A pretty big nerf to the build because now we have to reserve 1( or more) mod slots for shieldgating. And this build already mod starved using 2-3 augments for abilities and utility mods.

After trying out different shieldgate configurations I came down to just using Fast Deflection because it’s a bit busted as a standalone mod. Not only its straight up recharges your Shield in combat giving you lots and lots of invulnerability frames

It also works on the clone, meaning it can stay alive that much longer even against high level SP enemies that should one shot it. If it recharges even 1 shield in a split second its not damaged, the shot that should kill it, will just be absorbed.

Amazing mod, auto include in all version of the build.

TL;DR – Fast Deflection OP, works on you and clone, makes both invulnerable often. Rip mod slots.

New Archon Shards

Spoiler

To keep it simple – Emerald shards are overpowered. Not only they make Hydroid sumbsume ability to full strip armor. That is a well known fact by now. Although Hydroid subsume was already a great ability for us before, now its even better.

They make your weapons full strip enemies with corrosive procs. But wait! There is more!

For some goddamn reason, Emerald shards FULLY WORK on your clone!

That means your duality can full strip enemies with its weapons now. (For the record Emerald shards DO NOT work on corrosive procs of your companions, specters and on call crewmates)

So you could give it like… Kuva Nukor, Epitaph or Kompressa and it will just full strip everything (and leaves you with no ammo)

TL;DR – Emerald shards OP. Works on both your weapons AND clone weapons. Strip everything of armor. Hydroid subsume is great with it too. You lose 2 shard slots tho – but you can fix it with Praedos – read in weapons.

Companions rework

Spoiler

So I’ve been messing with companions for a long time and I think I went like 4 or 5 full circles.

The truth is – there is not too many useful things for this build in companion roster, especially with addition of new archon shards.

However, there is one important thing is that Synth Deconstruct is now HIGHLY effective combined with Equilibrium.

Hound - GOOD - is prolly the most useful of all as it can prime pretty much every enemy 5 times over AND disarm everything granting a nice survivability bonus, however, hounds have no way of reviving you if you die.

Helios - GOOD - can be really cute with its Deconstructor, letting you heat inherit of it, tagging a good amount of enemies with bounces and granting you a revive. Its not as global as Hound, but its enough to cover most of your needs and have a safety belt in form of revive

Panzer VulpaphylaJUST OKAY – the problem with Panzer is that it does what we already do so it kinda feels wasteful. Spreading viral – we already have viral on guns and/or abilities. Fully strips armor from priority targets – very nice, but we already do that with archon shards. Has THE BEST revive in the game – Martyr Symbiosis – that saves you from dying, but doesn’t have Guadrian to refill your shield. Its still a valid options but there are better options out there

NautilusBAD – Cordon does not apply status procs. Pulling enemies feels awkward. Pulled enemies still attack and even run out of pull freely making it very dangerous. In theory it should be good, but in practice its just dwarfed by other companions.

DirigaBAD – you’d think that priming it provides is good, but its tiny range just feels funny after you try a Hound.

TL;DR – Hound good, get Hound, don’t mod Hound for heat EVER. Get Synth Deconstruct to print HP orbs and use Equilibrium to never run out of energy.

Hound build

Hound weapon build

CORE WARFRAME BUILD NOW LOOKS LIKE THIS

Shephard – for companion survivability

Equilibrium – to feed on HP orbs printed by your Hound.

Fast Deflection and Prime Sure Footed – for your and clone survivability.

And before I move to the list of weapons I tested out – I wanna list the weapon set I find THE BEST out of all at current date. That would be

Primary - Phantasma Prime

Why – because you can stack absurd amount of heat/electricity procs by using 2 Phantasmas at once. This weapon is also great as self-primer – making use of Emeral shards with Heat+Corrosive build.

Secondary – Sporelacer

Why - no changes here – just a massive damage AOE hit with free ammo. Damage that puts primary guns to shame and greatly benefits from Emerald shards with Crit+Corrosive build.  

Praedos

Why – simply for utility. Losing 2 archon shard slots means no room for Amber shards. Praedos makes up for it giving you amazing speed boost. With this weapon you can keep up with Titanias and Wukongs.

TL;DR

Phantasma prime build –

Build 1 (if you have full armor strip)

Build 2 (if you don’t have full armor strip)

Sporelacer Build

Praedos build – Evolutions - Drifting Grace, Adept Reflexes, Evolved Ascension

Video showace

Now to the tested weapons

PRIMARY

Spoiler

Astila prime - JUST GOOD – great weapon for duality. Pin point accuracy. AOE splash damage. Bleed stacking. Good status. Most importantly – Fun to use. But the damage is a bit low to be one of the best weapons.

Fulmin/ Fulmin PrimeJUST GOOD – actually a good gun. Duality will always use shotgun version and stack heavy bleeds with Internal bleeding. No joke the gun feel better than Arca plasmor. The downside – range. Duality needs to be relatively close to enemies to unleash the full power of the gun. That is often not the case.

Tennet arca plasmorJUST OKAY – a very slow weapon that you need to mod for both fire rate and reload or your Duality will be doing nothing with it. Very low ammo. It fairy strong but I would not recommend. That being said – clone makes good use of it mechanically.

TrumnaJUST OKAY – great gun. Good damage. Pin point accuracy in hands of a clone. Amazing alt fire you can use yourself. The problem – Duality makes 30 out of 300 shots and goes on a 5 second reload. This makes the gun borderline unusable for Duality. Do not recommend.

Stahlta  - JUST OKAY  - I like everything about this gun. Except the damage. Its pin point accurate. It stacks massive bleeds. Alt fire is simply amazing. Problem – body shots. Body shots do no damage. Duality will just don’t do any damage with this gun.

Kuva ChakkhurrJUST OKAY -  So this is a very interesting gun. Its accurate, splashes, stacks huge slash damage. The problem is – body shots. Duality will only body shot and that means it will deal massively reduced damage and will not benefit from weapon unique passive. As a result – the damage is just not there.

Gotva primeJUST OKAY – Passive crit seems to work on Duality. But the gun itself is not too accurate, and body shots reduce damage by a lot. You really need to go for a head with this one and clone doesn’t do that.

Tennet tetra - BAD – its Stahlta but worse. It deals slightly more damage with hits, but its absolutely inaccurate and clone reloads after like 15 shots out for 300.

Baza primeBAD – prime disappointment. It has nothing to do with regular Baza. Accuracy is close to 0. Damage is lacking. Don’t use it on Duality.

QuelorBAD -  reload after ~30 shots while having 300 bullets. Primary fire not that strong even with 300% damage boost. Alt fire is cool tho.

Prizma LenzBAD – very slow, runs out of ammo really fast, clone keeps shoting even the target is effectively dead.

SECONDARY

Spoiler

Kuva nukorJUST GOOD – expected more from this weapon. It can kill enemies, it can prime enemies, it hits 3 enemies at once. But the damage is a bit low compared to best weapons and utility is not that great because of recent changes to the game

Kompressa JUST OKAY -  runs out of ammo real fast.

CatabolystBAD – if you using this gun, you prolly using it for the grenade. Grenade is bugged and doesn’t work.

GrimoireBAD -  inaccurate, no damage, canticles don’t work on the clone. Even if clone kills.

Kneel primeBAD – passive effect doesn’t work even if Duality headshots. Reload after each shot.

Magnus prime -  BAD – terrible accuracy in clone hands.

• Like 2