Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player feedback & question

Tainted_Fate

Hey guys, I'm new to Warframe, playing for about two weeks. I got 5 warframes to max level, ~10 weapons to max level, took 6 level mastery and I ended up at Uranus. Sry for my bad english, but I will try to give some feedback as a new player so it maybe useful for developers to know what impressions new players get. Because it seems like they have some problems with the definition of the word "fun".

Core gameplay in warframe form is awsome. Action, fighting is awsome. This is what kept me in the game. Builds, loadout, crafting, farming, trading - a like this a lot. Building your warframe and weapons to kill enemies more efficiently - that is what brings most satisfaction.

Problems showed up slowly from the start with little bit $&*&*#(%& junktion access objectives. First of them, imo, is to scan cephalon fragments. I dont know where to find them, I dont know HOW would I scan them. This is not what I want to do in the game. So players need to alt-tab from the game, google this information, and start "very fun" part of seeking this fragments. Who needs this? Massive waste of time, no fun involved, why would it be mandatory?

Next problem is archwing quest and archwing in general. Archwing gameplay should never be mandatory in any form in my opinion as a new player, not to mention a mandatory quest to get access to it. Because I got feeling that this is one of the most unfun part of this game for me.

Problems begin to show up more clearly. Kill a Prosecutor on Ceres is one of the most $&*&*#(%& objectives I faced because you cant control anything. I run around 20 missions, played many hours and he spawned in the end. I googled it numerous of times, read forums, people were facing the same problem - Prosecutor didnt spawn. Seeking Prosecutor is the super unfun part of the game, and making this mandatory... Jesus. It almost made me to quit the game at that time because I stuck at the same place and I could not do anything to move further. Most $&*&*#(%& thing is how unintuitive this objective is. Kill a Prosecutor. Ok, any idea where he is? Where should I find him? Zero information, so yeah, new player, go out of the game and go google this and watch video guides. FAIL.

And here I come to one of the most $&*&*#(%& quests I faced. Stolen Dreams. Why the hell it is obligatory to gain access to planets by doing storyline missions? Why would the storyline must be obligatory??? 

Lisen guys, I came tired from work to play a few hours before sleep, want to shoot some aliens, make some adjustments to my warframe and arsenal, farm some resources to craft new weapons, and to progress a little bit, open new planet... And developers are forcing me to do $&*&*#(%& quest I would not want to do EVER. I dont remember what part it was, but there was a sub-quest to hack 3 data vaults and all 3 data should remain intact. Worst mission ever and one of the worst gaming expiriences I had in a while. Finding a path to terminal is unintuitive, puzzled, alarm = mission fail, worst mission design ever. This $&*&*#(%& missions dont fit into action gameplay style of Warframe at all. Ok, I struggled, spent hours to complete this, it was absolutely unfun waste of time, I did it. I said myself: "NEVER AGAIN".

Mission to defeat Raptors was unfun, Raptor kills player in a few seconds, while you must not only to kill it, but to take a thing out of it, and to move to some objective place, and that thing explodes.

And yesterday I faced another $&*&*#(%& junction quest to get access to Neptune. Open 3 caches during any sabotage missions on Uranus. Jesus... I run like 15 missions and I didnt find even one of those caches, I didnt see them on minimap, didnt see them directly. Like what the ****? What you want from me? So I must go google locations, look videoguides, search typical locations. You know what? THIS IS NOT FUN GAMEPLAY in any sense. If I want to play puzzle game I would go download puzzle games and play them. I came to this game to build up my warframe, kill enemies, progress through equipment, farm, craft. Why would I do some $&*&*#(%& objective and spend a lot of time in the way I DONT WANT TO?

Recently I discovered that there will be one more episode in future during Second Dream quest where I should hack another 3 terminals and data must retain intact. Is this how you think this game should be played? Why developers think this is fun? That means this game is not for me, and I think you have lost many new players because of this objectives.

I want to ask forum members: will this kind of S#&$ ($&*&*#(%& junction objectives, mandatory storyline quests, archwing quests, mandatory hack terminals S#&$) continue, or this will end soon? Because now I am deciding should I play this game further or not.

11 minutes ago, Tainted_Fate said:

And here I come to one of the most $&*&*#(%& quests I faced. Stolen Dreams. Why the hell it is obligatory to gain access to planets by doing storyline missions? Why would the storyline must be obligatory??? 

If you don't want storyline... go play Destiny.

Cephalon fragments and caches are optional parts of a mission, but they are put in junctions as an introduction to alternative mechanics in gameplay, you wont have to do them anymore but you will be rewarded if you do, I´ve been here for a while to know that at some point players get tire of just running and shooting, people have demanded to have more things to do beside those two, and those are purely optional.

Raptor was reworked that way so that the fight was more interactive, it was an alternative method instead of doing a bulletsponge boss, which people don´t like here, as for spy missions there are only a couple per planet and one archwing, that as soon as you open a planet you don´t need to do.

There are still going to be several things like this, alternative features give nuances to gameplay, diversify it and prevent sameness and boringness, which is important for a game  aiming for a long life, I would advise you be a bit patient, we are ninja like characters, and will have to do spy and info gathering  ocasionally, and I repeat several of those things are optional, you will be able to avoid them. They put things there to prepare you, so you know the game and its history and guide you.

4 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

Cephalon fragments and caches are optional parts of a mission

They are obligatory, you HAVE to do them or you will not proceed to next planet.

5 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

alternative features give nuances to gameplay

This features are MANDATORY, not alternative. You will not gain access to a planet if you didnt do storylines quests and objectives for junction. This is $&*&*#(%&

Just now, Tainted_Fate said:

They are obligatory, you HAVE to do them or you will not proceed to next planet.

as I mentioned they are obligatory that one time for the junction, then you wont have to do them, all sabotages missions   have caches that you can look for if you like, and there are several cephalon fragments throughout all the planets that you can scan if  you like, the devs have to present you this things in game, they put it as a junction requirement to make sure you learn it, just one time.

You may not like these alternative game modes, but others do.  A game that offers little-to-no variation in gameplay becomes boring very quickly and people will leave.

It's like eating a dish of your favorite food every single day. No matter how much you like it, you will get sick of it eventually and crave for something else.

Also, measure what you want out of a game vs. what the game has to offer.  You wrote a very long list of dislikes and what you liked was a very simplistic content that would get old fast for the rest of us. Not every game is for everybody. At least for F2P games you didn't spend $50 to find out a game isn't tailored for you. And Warframe is clearly not for you. And that is ok. No hard feelings. The game didn't "lose" many players, it "gained" plentiful of players who got what they were looking for: diverse content with depth.

37 minutes ago, MystMan said:

You may not like these alternative game modes, but others do.  A game that offers little-to-no variation in gameplay becomes boring very quickly and people will leave.

It's like eating a dish of your favorite food every single day. No matter how much you like it, you will get sick of it eventually and crave for something else.

You didn't listen to him. He's talking about how it's mandatory. The Story is mandatory, and honestly it isn't even that superb and other than some of the cutscenes, the gameplay of the quests are usually pretty compared to the core game. It should be there for those who want it, not forced down the player's throat.

56 minutes ago, MystMan said:

You may not like these alternative game modes, but others do.

I dont like to repeatedly say the same things. Once again: this things are not alternative, this things are MANDATORY for everyone, despite the fact that somebody like them or not. Do you understand? You like this - you can go and do them. People like me dont like this "objectives" - but developers FORCE us to do this because we cant proceed further to next planets.

All this quests/storyline, some junction access objectives, along with archwing involved activity should not be mandatory. And we can even move further: on top of that, expirience gained by leveling archwing must not count in mastery leveling, archwing involving mastery tests must be removed.

Edited by Tainted_Fate

1 hour ago, Pavelord said:

as I mentioned they are obligatory that one time for the junction, then you wont have to do them, all sabotages missions   have caches that you can look for if you like, and there are several cephalon fragments throughout all the planets that you can scan if  you like, the devs have to present you this things in game, they put it as a junction requirement to make sure you learn it, just one time.

Alright, developers presented to me the 3 vault hack data intact mission during the Stolen Dreams. But they will force me to do this 3 vault hack again at Neptune or next planet junction, and then in Second Dream too. This is not "presenting", this is, as this wise guy said, forcing into throat. Not to mention that I dont give a S#&$ about the storyline whatsoever.

It's clear to us all that this game is not for you... what you are looking for is brainless killing. In that case there are plenty of games with that kind of "mechanics" means go forward, kill everything on sight, do not open the doors, smash them, go forward, straight this line, don't look back, don't look sides, just forward, always forward. Even Painkiller need some brain form time to time.

Not caring about the storyline in a videogame is a.... unique argument. Almost all games have them; if not they're a simple arcade-like game, which Warframe is not and was never meant to be. That much was obvious from the beginning before I installed the game, I knew what I was walking into by just looking at the main / store page and reading the info there.

And about the forced part, they are forced because there are a lot of game content behind these different game modes. You are forced to learn them if you want access to everything. This was a developer choice. Warframe is not an open world game where you can choose to do and not do what you want. 
Even if all this forced content was optional, all the players who are enjoying Warframe right now would still be doing them, because we are the target market for this game. Players who like depth and some strategic thinking once in a while.

For turn-my-brain-off-and-shoot-everything-that-moves type of game, I would play games like Serious Sam, Bulletstorm, Killing Floor, etc.

12 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

Besides, you can always take a taxi.

Quests and junctions are solo-only, so he'll be "forced" to be good at them.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

as other people said, this game is not for you

Yeah, I think this game is too badly designed for me, it doesnt relax me at all.

You are wasting your time here too. Go, do some archwing missions, hack 3 terminal missions, train your brain, maybe it will help.

18 minutes ago, Tainted_Fate said:

Yeah, I think this game is too badly designed for me, it doesnt relax me at all.

You are wasting your time here too. Go, do some archwing missions, hack 3 terminal missions, train your brain, maybe it will help.

u mean like i just did?

10 spy missions in a row after doing an archwing interception

infact i own atlas, and he requires u to fight an archwing boss :D

i have over 1700 hours in game and over 400 days played, and i dont just log in for daily reward, each day i play at lest an hour

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma
i has spellz good yo

On 8/14/2017 at 6:14 AM, Tainted_Fate said:

Core gameplay in warframe form is awsome. Action, fighting is awsome. This is what kept me in the game. Builds, loadout, crafting, farming, trading - a like this a lot. Building your warframe and weapons to kill enemies more efficiently - that is what brings most satisfaction.

Good! I'm glad you like it!

Problems showed up slowly from the start with little bit $&*&*#(%& junktion access objectives. First of them, imo, is to scan cephalon fragments. I dont know where to find them, I dont know HOW would I scan them. This is not what I want to do in the game. So players need to alt-tab from the game, google this information, and start "very fun" part of seeking this fragments. Who needs this? Massive waste of time, no fun involved, why would it be mandatory?

The lack of information for new players is something DE is aware of. Maybe when you mouse over each of the junction objectives it should show a little pop-up box that gives a hint towards how to do that, so you don't have to google. Total War games are very good about this if anyone is familiar with those. There is an extensive in-game wiki you can bring up with the press of a button, and if you unsure what a button on-screen does, hovering over it will give you a tooltip and description.

Next problem is archwing quest and archwing in general. Archwing gameplay should never be mandatory in any form in my opinion as a new player, not to mention a mandatory quest to get access to it. Because I got feeling that this is one of the most unfun part of this game for me.

You aren't the first in the warframe community to say that archwing sucks, and your claim is justified. DE is also aware of this problem, and they do seem to want to improve it by putting archwing in Plains of Eidolon.

Problems begin to show up more clearly. Kill a Prosecutor on Ceres is one of the most $&*&*#(%& objectives I faced because you cant control anything. I run around 20 missions, played many hours and he spawned in the end. I googled it numerous of times, read forums, people were facing the same problem - Prosecutor didnt spawn. Seeking Prosecutor is the super unfun part of the game, and making this mandatory... Jesus. It almost made me to quit the game at that time because I stuck at the same place and I could not do anything to move further. Most $&*&*#(%& thing is how unintuitive this objective is. Kill a Prosecutor. Ok, any idea where he is? Where should I find him? Zero information, so yeah, new player, go out of the game and go google this and watch video guides. FAIL.

This goes back to the thing about the lack of info for new players, but aside from that, I'm not sure what you expected when it took you a long time to find a Prosecutor. Warframe is a super grindy game. If you can't survive the grind of killing one Prosecutor (although point taken that you could have gotten unlucky with the spawn chances) then you have a long road ahead of you bud.

Lisen guys, I came tired from work to play a few hours before sleep, want to shoot some aliens, make some adjustments to my warframe and arsenal, farm some resources to craft new weapons, and to progress a little bit, open new planet...

Normally I would agree with you that storyline shouldn't be mandatory for a game that is not story-based. But based on what you want out of this game, there is a good bit of alien shooting to be done in Warframe's various quests, and as for customizing/adjusting your gear, quests give you more opportunities to do that. For example, the Stolen Dreams quest gives an Orokin Reactor at the end, which cannot be acquired through normal missions.

but there was a sub-quest to hack 3 data vaults and all 3 data should remain intact. Worst mission ever and one of the worst gaming expiriences I had in a while. Finding a path to terminal is unintuitive, puzzled, alarm = mission fail, worst mission design ever. This $&*&*#(%& missions dont fit into action gameplay style of Warframe at all.

But it does fit into the gameplay of warframe. We are space ninjas after all. We have to be stealthy sometimes. Plus all of the vaults have some easier ways through them. Look around, you might find some...

And yesterday I faced another $&*&*#(%& junction quest to get access to Neptune. Open 3 caches during any sabotage missions on Uranus. Jesus... I run like 15 missions and I didnt find even one of those caches, I didnt see them on minimap, didnt see them directly. Like what the ****? What you want from me? So I must go google locations, look videoguides, search typical locations. You know what? THIS IS NOT FUN GAMEPLAY in any sense. If I want to play puzzle game I would go download puzzle games and play them. I came to this game to build up my warframe, kill enemies, progress through equipment, farm, craft. Why would I do some $&*&*#(%& objective and spend a lot of time in the way I DONT WANT TO?

Recently I discovered that there will be one more episode in future during Second Dream quest where I should hack another 3 terminals and data must retain intact. Is this how you think this game should be played? Why developers think this is fun? That means this game is not for me, and I think you have lost many new players because of this objectives.

I want to ask forum members: will this kind of S#&$ ($&*&*#(%& junction objectives, mandatory storyline quests, archwing quests, mandatory hack terminals S#&$) continue, or this will end soon? Because now I am deciding should I play this game further or not.

There's a bunch of other stuff there that I don't feel like specifically addressing because I've already written a lot, but I will address your last paragraph.

To answer the question of "Will this end soon?" Sort of. Junction requirements will essentially go away once you progress through the entire star chart, but there are some quests that involve involve objectives where you have to look for stuff around the map. Certain warframe parts will only drop in caches, and spy missions (the ones with the 3 data vaults) become more of a regular occurrence later, especially if you want to farm for Ivara.

But really, if all you want to do right now is kill enemies, collect resources, and craft stuff, to some extent you can already do that. Since you have access to Uranus, Ophelia is a great node. Lots of enemies and loot like poly bundles which are helpful. Earth and various other planets can get you most of the other resources you need for the time being outside of argon crystals which are in the void. You shouldn't feel like the starchart is something you HAVE to complete before everything else. You can step back for a bit and just play the game if you want.