Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are we protecting an utter moron in Sortie Defense?

True_Naeblis

I guess the idea is that it's supposed to be more dynamic, but the protection target runs around like they were born with a lack of common sense. Hordes of infested coming at you and you continually put yourself between them and the people who are there to keep you safe? Why can we not press x to tell the target to hold or follow rather than giving them a weapon? It hurts my brain how poorly the mission functions as is. It's more of the headache that is defection. Please revamp this and improve target interaction so that it's actually enjoyable to complete rather than a chore. Very much fine with giving a different dynamic, but it's unpolished at current and not much fun.

This is why Limbo exists. He finally has a purpose in life, just to banish the dumb as bricks Sortie Defense Operative.

I would really like an option to tell the Operative to hold in place. It is kinda annoying sometimes to have to deal with the crap the Defense bruh can get himself into.

3 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

This is why Limbo exists. He finally has a purpose in life, just to banish the dumb as bricks Sortie Defense Operative.

I would really like an option to tell the Operative to hold in place. It is kinda annoying sometimes to have to deal with the crap the Defense bruh can get himself into.

Which is why I always Loki/Nova for the mission to either constantly - CONSTANTLY -Switch Teleport them to a tight corner/room or spam Wormholes around every single exit they take right back to their corner.

Don't even talk about how much stupider he gets in Sortie Defense in the Kuva Fortress. I swear, that dolt really has a death wish.

19 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Which is why I always Loki/Nova for the mission to either constantly - CONSTANTLY -Switch Teleport them to a tight corner/room or spam Wormholes around every single exit they take right back to their corner.

Don't even talk about how much stupider he gets in Sortie Defense in the Kuva Fortress. I swear, that dolt really has a death wish.

My method of choice is high duration Cloak Arrows.  Constantly making him/her invisible so the enemies don't even target it.  It helps for me to remove their weapon so that they don't move around as much.  

15 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

My method of choice is high duration Cloak Arrows.  Constantly making him/her invisible so the enemies don't even target it.  It helps for me to remove their weapon so that they don't move around as much.  

This and give him a Pox built for corrosive and blast. I call it the banana peel pox as all they do is keep tripping in the cloud. That way, they're not only kind of protected from their stupidity and they can do something at least marginally productive.