The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo's Absolutely Legal Gunsale

Fallen_Echo

(In Darvo's voice)

Friends,

I've done it again, I've got my hands on fresh experimental grineer and corpus technology!

Dont worry, this time i made sure that everything is "legal".

So, if you want to spice up your weaponary and dust of that old gun you didnt had the hearth to throw out then visit my shop on the Iron Wake or at Maroo's station. Got it? Good.

Darvo's Absolutely Legal Gunsale: You pick the best, I get the creds.

Now that i get your attention i go in detail on what im suggesting here. As we all know we have atleast 300 weapons already and a vast majority of them are nothing more than mastery fodders.

Many of us had weapons what sounded great or grow close to us but as time passed and we got further in the starchart they started to fall off in a horrifying rate and we had to sell or put them on the shelf to collect dust for eternity.

My idea would start with an event hosted by Darvo who got some experimental technology from legit sources.

This is how would it go:

1) You enter Darvos shop where he explains he has a new currency "Etherion" (he got the idea from Baro Ki’Teer). For this currency, some mods and a weapon he can upgrade any old low mastery weapon into a more powerful upgraded version. Depending on the weapon the cost will range from 20-100 Etherion.

2) To get the new currency the player can do the weekly mission for Clem and get 10 Etherion or trade in mods or weapon parts at Darvo at this exchange rate:

• 500 common mods for 1 Etherion
  • 100 uncommon mods for 2 Etherion
  • 10 rare mods for 5 Etherion
  • 1 riven or primed mod for 10 Etherion
  • 10 weapon part for 1 Etherion

3) Once the player has enough Etherion all he has to do is to wait. Darvo opens his shop right after Baro leaves the system and will offer various fashion items, skins, color palettes and most importantly weapon upgrade blueprints.

Heres an example of an upgrade:

Karak Wraith                                                  Karak Wraith Prototype

Fire Rate 11.67 rounds/sec      ->                10 rounds/sec

Accuracy 28.6                   ->                        25,4

Magazine Size 60 rounds/mag      ->          65 rounds/mag

Reload Time 2.0s                  ->                    2.5s

Physical Damage 30.0              ->                40

Impact13.5                               ->                  12

Puncture9.0                             ->                  15

Slash7.5                                   ->                  13

Crit Chance 5.0%                     ->                 2.5%

Crit Multiplier 2.0x                    ->                3.0x

Status Chance 15.0%              ->                 40%

4) The most imporatant thing here is that only weapons what currently have strong disposition are added to Darvo's upgrade list and those what are below mastery rank 7. Weapons upgraded this way are resetted to rank 0 and will lose all forma and catalysts and they cant use their previous rivens as they enter a new category called "Prototype" gear.

What do you guys think? Can this work to breath life into the outdated weapons we have?

Sounds really great and I would love this, however I think they cost to upgrade should be slightly higher as you can get rivens quite easy or even buy them for a small amount of platinum making you capable of getting quite a bit of ethrion, although it may bump it up in price in the market. Maybe 40-100 ethrion will be better and will feel like people are working hard to get these upgrades?

Edited by (XB1)Vimmy

Darvo "Legal" Activity is considered Promotion SALE (percentage off).

I disagree. This would actually not work 100%.

• Damage 3.0
  • Darvo/Baro Items cost :platinum: either way.
  • Sound GOOD right, for like an Event (Baro + Event = Disaster Conclave in my book).
  • Idea From Baro, ONE Baro is enough. (Not talking about upcoming Updates, Baro already is some thing).
Edited by DesFrSpace

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)Vimmy said:

Maybe 40-100 ethrion will be better and will feel like people are working hard to get these upgrades?

Buying the upgrade is one thing, you still have to build the item what will cost the same amount of materials to build too but i agree we can raise it higher.

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The proposed cost is trivial given years of accumulating mods.

This is just a bunch of new weapons. As well as a bunch of cosmetic things for free. What does DE gain from this, and what exactly do players get?

Really? What did DE gained from making the prisma weapons? You know the ones what Baro gives out for a few ducats.

Players will gonna get upgraded variants of their loved weapons, what they can use in much further away in the starchart along with cosmetics and such.

But if you really want to make it worth something for DE i guess they can start selling Etherion for 10 plat.

8 hours ago, DesFrSpace said:

• Damage 3.0
  • Sound GOOD right, for like an Event (Baro + Event = Disaster Conclave in my book).
  • Idea From Baro, ONE Baro is enough. (Not talking about upcoming Updates, Baro already is some thing).
  1. damage 3.0 is scrapped. we wont get it anytime soon and i doubt it would make the fodder trash suddenly viable.
  2. How do they cost plat in either way?
  3. It would start as an event then would stay.
  4. Nah. I dont mind the rng on the thing he brings and i would actually like to see more of this kind of sales.

8 hours ago, DesFrSpace said:

• Damage 3.0

Damage 3.0 is a meme.

1 hour ago, yles9056 said:

I like the idea, although the idea is a bit similar to riven mods. Perhaps prototype weapon should have some additional bonus/feature aside from stats difference.

Thats up to DE i just gave the bases of the idea. If they want to create flaming bullets, small projectable shield or miniature rockets fired from the barrel when you press alt-fire im okay with it.