Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would Dual Companions be too much?

I ask in the sense of say, when you equip your sentinel, the menu for its weapons changes to include either the usable weapons or your companion to take its place. 

For example, you decide to bring along a Helios to do some out of the way scanning for you, while you go into hellfire with your Kubrow/Kavat, but as a result your Helios does just that, scanning and nothing more (depending on if you have Medi-Ray or those other utility mods installed).

The one limit is you can't use 2 that do similar jobs, ex: if you bring a Raksa (guard dog) for example, your Guardian Mod is disabled and you can't bring a Wyrm or Diriga because it would be too much cc and shield replenish. Or if you bring a Huras you're forbidden from using it with a Shade (of any type) since they both do the same exact thing.

It would also put a "1 per" limit on Shelter and Sanctuary mods, but wouldn't affect certain mods like shield recharge, animal instinct, shield charger, sacrifice, vacuum, etc.

(Also, no I wouldn't talk about dual companions like double sentinel or 2 cats/dogs/catdog. That's too much depending on the player.)

No, it's not too much. And I had the same idea when I thought about companions in the game, but I personally settled on warframe-passive vacuum to be able to take whatever the pet I want without having to lose this essential Quality of Life that completely changes the flow of the whole game.

1 minute ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I personally settled on warframe-passive vacuum to be able to take whatever the pet I want without having to lose this essential Quality of Life that completely changes the flow of the whole game.

Dude, you are like a religious fanatic posting that idea everywhere you can.

Now, to the point, I wouldn't be against that: it was mentioned somewhere the fact that Sentinels could do very other tasks apart from fighting.

I've said about the idea of dual companions before so I'm all for it but I think it would need to be thought out quite heavily so they don't become overpowered. 

Mind you the biggest reason I use my sentinels at the moment is vacuum and the codex scanner on helios, I don't use any attack mods on my sentinels and most of the mods I use are focused on making me (and the sentinel) survive longer.  My pets on the other hand are more attack orientated in their builds thanks to mods like bite, swipe, sharpened claws and pounce (I find kavats seem to do more damage than kubrows...)

12 hours ago, Hecro said:

Dude, you are like a religious fanatic posting that idea everywhere you can.

Don't be like that, m8. How else would people know about it? Just making a thread on the forums isn't enough - nobody reads those and they pass with the speed of light. The only thing I can do to promote this is to talk with as many people as I can. There's just no other way.

12 hours ago, Hecro said:

Now, to the point, I wouldn't be against that: it was mentioned somewhere the fact that Sentinels could do very other tasks apart from fighting.

Sentinels don't really fight much. Their weapons are crap in general so the most they could do is spread status anyway. I just don't like vacuum being a mod tied to the companions when it should be a part of the looting mechanic.

Honesly, I think what companions really need is freedom of design and utility. Design on the side of the devs and utility on the side of the players. Why I advocate for vacuum on warframes so much, is that I think lack of pets' popularity is the direct result of their lack of vacuum - QoL so essential to so many players. Just think how many times DE changed, buffed or primed sentinels and compare it to the few times the pets were touched upon after the releases. Why is that? Simply because pets are unpopular so DE don't bother investing time and effort to make them better - to upgrade the AI, upgrade the controls, upgrade the survivability scaling with non-tanky frames etc. Vacuum is that root cause for a lot of the problems companion system has right now.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo