Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE needs to do something to inform people about double rewards during relics

Troll_Logic

At least three times out of four survival missions and sometime in defense missions, I have to talk players out of leaving after opening four relics because they have NO IDEA that opening every fifth relic rewards an enhanced relic and the regular reward.

I'm not sure what they should do, but it isn't common knowledge.

A lot of things in this game are not explained, not even mentioned.

There are people, veterans who played for years, who don't know that blocking with a melee weapon, while channeling, can parry an incoming melee attack and open up the attacker for a finishing strike. And this is not the only example of game features that are in the game but not mentioned anywhere. The extra relic at the 5th round being another one.

2 minutes ago, Archistopheles said:

Explain/expand.

What do you mean an "enhanced relic"?

I guess I'm also a prime example of the player you're talking about.

After beating a 5th wave in endless void fissure missions, players get a free random relic which is also 'exceptional' (first refinement rank) so it not only rewards you with a random relic, but also spares you 25 void traces.

Technically it should work every 5th wave, but I have never done it myself so don't know if that is the case.

8 minutes ago, Archistopheles said:

Explain/expand.

What do you mean an "enhanced relic"?

I guess I'm also a prime example of the player you're talking about.

You're in a relic survival mission.

After you open up a relic, you get a reward, a 25% bonus to affinity, credits, resources, or resource drop and the BP. Notice there are four of them.

After you open a second relic, you get a reward, another 25% bonus & the BP.

After the third, another reward, another 25% bonus, & the BP.

After the fourth, another reward, another 25% bonus & the BP.

After the fifth relic you open, you get the regular reward, the BP you select, and an exceptional relic (a relic with one star).

Between now and the tenth relic, your bonuses are 50%.

Same thing occurs at your tenth relic opening,  but you get a flawless relic (a relic with two stars).

Now your bonuses are 75%.

After fifteen relic, and every fifth relic afterwards, you get a radiant relics (a full three stars). 

Bonuses go up accordingly. 

Edited by Troll_Logic

1 minute ago, MrM1 said:

After beating a 5th wave in endless void fissure missions, players get a free random relic which is also 'exceptional'

TIL.

I thought it was just a random relic. I didn't realize they were exception as well.

1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

After you open up a relic, you get a reward, a 25% bonus to affinity, credits, resources, or resource drop and the BP. Notice there are four of them.

I saw the booster symbol, but as a "new" player to the system, it didn't make any sense. Do those bonuses activate right away? Or are they inventory items?

2 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

After fifteen relic, and every fifth relic afterwards, you get a radiant relics (a full three stars). 

Which is bizarre because players in other forums are asking for scaling rewards for endless missions as though this doesn't exist...

15 minutes ago, Archistopheles said:

TIL.

I thought it was just a random relic. I didn't realize they were exception as well.

I saw the booster symbol, but as a "new" player to the system, it didn't make any sense. Do those bonuses activate right away? Or are they inventory items?

Which is bizarre because players in other forums are asking for scaling rewards for endless missions as though this doesn't exist...

The bonuses are in-mission dynamic boosters. While you're in the mission, you get whatever booster is highlighted at the time and it stacks with whatever outside boosters like Smeeta Kavat, Naramon melee affinity, and plat boosters. 

As he explained, it's every five rounds that this increases to a cap of 75% and a radiant relic. Those relics that you get on the 5th round are active IMMEDIATELY and are in your inventory to be selected IN THAT MISSION which is amazing imo. You stay for x time get a radiant Axi v5 and just... run it immediately. 

18 hours ago, MrM1 said:

After beating a 5th wave in endless void fissure missions, players get a free random relic which is also 'exceptional' (first refinement rank) so it not only rewards you with a random relic, but also spares you 25 void traces.

Technically it should work every 5th wave, but I have never done it myself so don't know if that is the case.

It is the case.

Also, I would find this to be a better reward (I still try to run at least 5 rounds) if we could upgrade those relics further.  I don't like it that once a relic is upgraded, it can no longer be refined further.

• 2 weeks later...

sometimes its not about what they don't know, its about what they can endure.  It's the same for Akkad.  Players prefer to redo 10 waves 5 times than to actually reach higher waves without realizing that the harder the enemy the more xp,  either to not look bad to others by dying a lot or trying to preserve revives you will full have back everytime you get into a mission.  Not everything in the game is explained, I agree.  But now you have a simulacrum with invincibility feature, you can test out what your frame can do in there now without worrying about dying.  This either takes for you to progress into the game or someone else to tell you, it's a community after all.  Yes, DE doesn't explain a lot of things, yet a lot of us know things either from personal experience or just asking someone who's been around.  The game is very community oriented, I will digress concerning People not using region chat properly.

I don't think this needs someone explaining it to them. One day they'll run 5 rotations and see it happening and go, "... oh, that's neat," and that'll be that. Getting an extra relic isn't exactly everyone's top priority when they do these missions.

Just tell them. "You get a free upgraded relic every 5th wave so let's stay to at least 5." Boom. Problem solved.

Matter of fact, I find it difficult to not find a group going to 5 if I say something (and often even if I don't) when I pub these types of missions.

2 hours ago, Chipputer said:

I don't think this needs someone explaining it to them. One day they'll run 5 rotations and see it happening and go, "... oh, that's neat," and that'll be that.

Nope.  Hate to break it to you, but most players don't even notice the 25% boosters at the end of each wave.

2 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Just tell them. "You get a free upgraded relic every 5th wave so let's stay to at least 5." Boom. Problem solved.

Doesn't work like it.  I wish it would.  It works more like

24 seconds of countdown as two people trigger it

"Hey, why are people leaving at 21 minutes?"

"We get a double reward at 25 minutes."

"Hey!"

<one guy leaves while the other guy is AFK because he's already left the computer.>

That's how it works in the real world.

Been in 2 survival missions today

In the first, players left at 15.

In the second, second player triggered extraction at 20:03.  On vault day.

DE has conditioned the players for years that 20 minutes is "the end" of the mission.  That's why players don't know.  I don't know if DE needs to do an "exploding graphic" in the corner to bring attention to the 25% bonuses and free relic in the corner or something else.  But players don't know.