Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spin Attack macros are allowed or not?

0relllius

Howdy, so I recently bought the razer ornata chroma, the lightning effects are awesome but I find out I can macro one of the keys, so I thought about making a macro for spin attack for atterax.

Is it allowed? because I have been searching for rules and I found this picture:

9mHnnXj.jpg

Is it allowed or not? I see it's an old post of Danielle but still I can't see why I cannot do slide attack macro because it will save me time, but at the same time it will NOT play for me. just do the circle attack. so once and for all, is it allowed or not?

I'm not really sure what DE's stance on this. However, autohotkey (similar to macro) is allowed.

Source:

Still, I think still a gray area. I think the only case when you're 100% legit to be bannable is if you use it to AFK farm something or do other exploits and DE's system catches you. Can't say for sure for other cases, especially the ones that prevent equipment damage like EV spam, Telos Boltace spam, Akmagnus spam, etc because lots of people used to do that (don't know about the current trend).

24 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

Yes is its a single spin action.

No if it will continually execute actions.

24 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

It is a gray area. On one hand it is bannable and on the other it can be justified. If DE were to ban you, you could explain and they could let you off. It is a gamble.

8 minutes ago, Jangkrik said:

I'm not really sure what DE's stance on this. However, autohotkey (similar to macro) is allowed.

Source:

Still, I think still a gray area. I think the only case when you're 100% legit to be bannable is if you use it to AFK farm something or do other exploits and DE's system catches you. Can't say for sure for other cases, especially the ones that prevent equipment damage like EV spam, Telos Boltace spam, Akmagnus spam, etc because lots of people used to do that (don't know about the current trend).

6 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

I'd say this macro is fine. As long as it is just executing it once and only once. Then you'd need to spam your macro for it to repeat so... It seems you'll still be involved in your game so I don't see it being a problem. 

Probably I am using razer macro features, it's not like the autohotkey and it's far beyond it. I see that warframe supporters razer's features, so why not it's macro? it's not like it's a virus or some "3rd party tools" it's a feature that their co-operated company offers. which is RAZER.

Just now, Regenance said:

Probably I am using razer macro features, it's not like the autohotkey and it's far beyond it. I see that warframe supporters razer's features, so why not it's macro? it's not like it's a virus or some "3rd party tools" it's a feature that their co-operated company offers. which is RAZER.

Same reason we have an AFK timer, DE want players to play the game, not get a bot/macro to do it for them.

5 minutes ago, Regenance said:

There is no actual need for you do know about the why.
If DE doesn't want you to use a macro, then that's a rule made by DE. And you have to follow this rule.
If they tolerate you using this stuff, then you can use it. And the important point right here is "tolerate". They can always say that macros are bannable. And if you miss that notification and keep on using macros, then they could ban you. Keep that in mind. 

39 minutes ago, Regenance said:

I can't see why I cannot do slide attack macro because it will save me time, but at the same time it will NOT play for me. just do the circle attack. so once and for all, is it allowed or not?

Isn't is playing for you? I mean obviously its not fully automating your entire gaming experience, but it is combining the pressing of multiple keys requires to perform a powerful attack.

Logically speaking, if DE wanted the slide attack to be so easily accomplished they would have just made it a single key press not a combination.  What you are desiring is a way to bypass that combo enabling you to do nothing but press a direction key and tap your macro as fast a possible which would allow for far greater speed and continuous motions that the game currently (without the use of macro) does not support.

Personally I have slide hotkeyed to my lower thumb button my mouse, rather than the C key or whatever the default is, which means it is astonishingly easy for me to spin attack.  I am still required to press all required keys yet it is not awkward nor time consuming.  I see zero reason why anyone would 'need' a macro to spin, which is the only possible reasoning behind using a macro.  If you need it to play, which you do not.

So no, macros are not allowed, as Danielle stated, and attempting to circumvent this decision is foolish and an easy way to get banned.  Whether that decision is a month, a year or 3 years old it is still an official rule.

Unless Danielle or another member of DE explicitly states publicly that macros to perform slide attacks are completely legal and perfectly okay, I cannot fathom the reasoning behind trying to bypass it.

Slide is very powerful, with atterax it is practically mandatory, whip quick attack sucks, and having maiming strike makes having every attack be a slide very desirable.  But there are limitations put into place on slide (key press combo, minor delay, whatever) for that very reason.

Even if they ever let macros allowed for slide attacks officially I would think they'd be smart enough to increase that nanosecond delay to at least a full second if not more.

Deal with the key press combo, utilize the remapping in the game to make sliding more comfortable to you, and find one of many other things in the game that can be macro'd that don't cause such controversy.

You'll be far happier in the long run, I promise.

14 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

There is no actual need for you do know about the why.
If DE doesn't want you to use a macro, then that's a rule made by DE. And you have to follow this rule.
If they tolerate you using this stuff, then you can use it. And the important point right here is "tolerate". They can always say that macros are bannable. And if you miss that notification and keep on using macros, then they could ban you. Keep that in mind. 

What about this well known youtuber and streamer using macros?

He is in a chance to be banned too?

Just now, Regenance said:

He is in a chance to be banned too?

Yes. Will he get banned? I don't know. I don't work for DE.
But fact is DE could turn 180 degree on that whole macro-stuff and ban people for using it. You have no saying in something like that. It's always up to DE.

So why risking your account? Just press some keyes.
And let's be honest. You want to use a macro for spin attacks. That alone makes it clear you don't want to actually play the game. If you wanted to, you wouldn't use a macro for anything and do it all yourself. And why even spam slide attacks? It makes stuff boring.

11 minutes ago, Regenance said:

Essentially DE allows the use of Macros purely because some players have disabilities that would otherwise prevent them from playing.

If you don't have said disability you shouldn't be trying to cheat the system to be lazy.

32 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yes. Will he get banned? I don't know. I don't work for DE.
But fact is DE could turn 180 degree on that whole macro-stuff and ban people for using it. You have no saying in something like that. It's always up to DE.

So why risking your account? Just press some keyes.
And let's be honest. You want to use a macro for spin attacks. That alone makes it clear you don't want to actually play the game. If you wanted to, you wouldn't use a macro for anything and do it all yourself. And why even spam slide attacks? It makes stuff boring.

My fingers hurts after 3 clicks, I have broke one of them at the past when I was a child, that's not what I am saying I got over 1k hours in-game, so telling me that I dont wanna be playing, it's a lie bro. because I have wasted too many cash in the game and too many hours.

Macros are 100% fine as long as they do not play the game for you.

For example. having a macro that makes you spin attack forever with one button press is fine. I know a lot of people who do this and have never had a single issue with being banned.

BUT making a macro that makes you spin attack forever, while also circling a defense objective without you even touching your keyboard is NOT okay.

So basically, if you are still manually using your mouse to aim AND manually using your keyboard to move then its okay.

Just now, HerpDerpy said:

Macros are 100% fine as long as they do not play the game for you.

For example. having a macro that makes you spin attack forever with one button press is fine. I know a lot of people who do this and have never had a single issue with being banned.

BUT making a macro that makes you spin attack forever, while also circling a defense objective without you even touching your keyboard is NOT okay.

So basically, if you are still manually using your mouse to aim AND manually using your keyboard to move then its okay.

Actually no that isn't correct. That macro can and will get you banned.

You and your friends just haven't been reported.

You can see there's a design problem when you give so much advantage on a, primarly, very situational move, that your playerbase stops using any other attack from a weapon class. It's like "why would I use Ember's fireball when WoF can do all the job faster with no effort ?". It makes all the stance system useless, and in my opinion, anything that helps making a game feature useless should be banned. We can't find balance on this path. 

Should we blame DE or blame the players ? 

Should we blame macro users or DE for letting them do whatever they want to abuse a flawed system ? 

Hek, I got myself a headache, don't mind this post 

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

Actually no that isn't correct. That macro can and will get you banned.

You and your friends just haven't been reported.

When I say they haven't had an issue with being banned i meant permanently. only one has actually been temporarily banned but Support reversed it after he got in contact with them.

So ether Support doesn't even know what is and is not allowed, or it is allowed.

Y

7 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

When I say they haven't had an issue with being banned i meant permanently. only one has actually been temporarily banned but Support reversed it after he got in contact with them.

So ether Support doesn't even know what is and is not allowed, or it is allowed.

And they were lucky, but the flag is still on their account, they get reported again they are screwed.

It's a touchy subject. The general consensus is if you make a macro that plays the game for you, it's a no no.

I don't see an issue with a spin macro. I personally don't use macros, but I do understand the difficulty executing multiple slide attacks in a row has. I try to do that manually and my pinky makes weird cracking noises. Seeing as TBoltace was changed to stop the "spin into wall while killing all the things" phase, very few weapons wish they can get into that realm of ridiculous. 

Tl;Dr don't use macros to play the game for you, and you should be fine. 

1 hour ago, Sajochi said:

It's a touchy subject. The general consensus is if you make a macro that plays the game for you, it's a no no.

I don't see an issue with a spin macro. I personally don't use macros, but I do understand the difficulty executing multiple slide attacks in a row has. I try to do that manually and my pinky makes weird cracking noises. Seeing as TBoltace was changed to stop the "spin into wall while killing all the things" phase, very few weapons wish they can get into that realm of ridiculous. 

Tl;Dr don't use macros to play the game for you, and you should be fine. 

I would never use any software to play the game for me, its taking all the fun out of it, I do will use if it's legal a macro that will shortcut few keys to a one because I have disabilities in my fingers (not autism or something xD) but my fingers getting hurt after pressing too much, or pressing keys continusely for few or so minutes. I understand what you all saying and thanks for the advice, I'm just trying to find a shortcut for a combo.