Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passives

(PSN)BlackVenomX8

I Think No One Will Talk About This Because We Only Focus On The Abilities Of The Frame, But There Are Really Useless Passives For Some Frames That Need To Be Changed Totally, While Other Passives Need To Get Buffed.

Those Passives That Need To Be Changed Are:

Rhino: Falling From a High Place To Just Execute Small Shockwave That literally Do Nothing.

Equinox: 10% Is Not Good, It Means With Every Energy/Health Orb, You Will Get 2 Points Of Health/Energy Respectively.

Trinity: Revive 20% Faster, 4 Seconds Instead Of 5, Useless Specially When Playing Solo.

Hydroid: Slam Attacks Have a Chance To Summon Tentacle, Don't Need It Since We Have His 4th.

Wukong: Same As Trinity, 5 Seconds Instead Of 3 For Base Combo Counter.

Nova: When Knocked Down, Emits A Shockwave To Knock Down Enemies In Small Area.

Chroma: I Don't Think This Is a Passive At All.

Mirage: I Think It Needs To Be Changed, It Doesn't Affect The Gameplay Too Much.

Mag: Pulls Pickups While Bullet Jumping, We Already Have Vaccum And Her 1st Augment.

Loki: We Don't Use Wall Latch Anyway.

And I'm Not Good At This But I Have Some Ideas That May Make Them Useful:

Rhino: Projectiles And Bullets Have a Chance To Get Absorbed, Gaining 300 Overshields Or 20% armor For 12 Seconds.

Equinox: In Day-Form, Gains 10% Power Strength, While In Night-Form, Gain 10% Power Range.

Trinity: Trinity And Allies In Her Affinity Range Have 50% Reduced Status Duration.

Hydroid: Enemies Killed By Abilities Have A Chance To Drop Double Credits, And Hydroid Has Innate Radar That Detects Loot Crates and Mods Within 20 Meters And Displays Their Position On The Minimap.

Wukong: Gains 20% Range On Melee Weapons.

Nova: Enemies Killed While Under The Effect Of Status Have a Chance To Explode, Knocking Down And Damaging Enemies Nearby.

Chroma: Gains 50% Damage Resistance To The Element Based On Your Energy Color.

Mirage: Gains 100 Health/Shield When Using Dark Energy Colors, While Gains 10% Sprint Speed/Reload Speed When Using Bright Colors.

Mag: Enemies Affected By Abilities Are Slowed By 30% For 8 Seconds, And Mag Is Immune To Magnetic Damage.

Loki: Using Abilities Have a Chance To Get a Buff That Increases Fire Rate/Melee Attack Speed By 20% For 15 Seconds.

What Do You Think Guys? Share Your Ideas.

the loki one is soo good when you have to do the kills in wall latch for the riven

you mirage idea... only dark energy mirage around for sure
the trinity one... with a permabless who cares of status (but also that -1 sec for revive is close to useless, if i run ev build in high level i get oneshotted, if i run a bless/link build i have all the time to revive)
i'm fine with the one hydroid has now, i can use the 4th in an area and meanwhile have other tentacles summoned by slam attacks
i'm laughing thinking of wukong with bonus range with orthos or atterax, the bonus combo counter time is good imo
the mag one, actually didn't know the one she has now, quite useless unless you run kubrow/kavat and your idea is not that bad
the nova prime you suggest is too strong
the rhino one needs a change too imo, but yours seems too strong

the mirage one is fine as it is, or you should have asked to rework the titania passive too

15 minutes ago, (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O said:

Those Passives That Need To Be Changed Are:

You forgot Ember.  Needing to be set on fire for a little energy regen is a bit silly and useless in higher levels.  Not to mention only works on specific factions (grineer) or in fire hazards.

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

You forgot Ember.  Needing to be set on fire for a little energy regen is a bit silly and useless in higher levels.  Not to mention only works on specific factions (grineer) or in fire hazards.

and if you run with wof on you don't even use the passive

11 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Actually, Corpus (and Corrupted) can proc heat damage too because of the Fusion Moas lasers (the ones that fire off a Scavenger Osprey when near death).

But honestly, even if they kept Ember's passive as is, giving her some reduced damage against the proc would be welcome considering it usually eats you alive (Napalms)

Edited by (PS4)Foxkid_8

1 hour ago, (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O said:

Rhino: Projectiles And Bullets Have a Chance To Get Absorbed, Gaining 300 Overshields Or 20% armor For 12 Seconds.

Equinox: In Day-Form, Gains 10% Power Strength, While In Night-Form, Gain 10% Power Range.

Trinity: Trinity And Allies In Her Affinity Range Have 50% Reduced Status Duration.

Hydroid: Enemies Killed By Abilities Have A Chance To Drop Double Credits, And Hydroid Has Innate Radar That Detects Loot Crates and Mods Within 20 Meters And Displays Their Position On The Minimap.

Wukong: Gains 20% Range On Melee Weapons.

Nova: Enemies Killed While Under The Effect Of Status Have a Chance To Explode, Knocking Down And Damaging Enemies Nearby.

Chroma: Gains 50% Damage Resistance To The Element Based On Your Energy Color.

Mirage: Gains 100 Health/Shield When Using Dark Energy Colors, While Gains 10% Sprint Speed/Reload Speed When Using Bright Colors.

Mag: Enemies Affected By Abilities Are Slowed By 30% For 8 Seconds, And Mag Is Immune To Magnetic Damage.

Loki: Using Abilities Have a Chance To Get a Buff That Increases Fire Rate/Melee Attack Speed By 20% For 15 Seconds.

What Do You Think Guys? Share Your Ideas.

• OP as **** no matter how low that chance is.
  • I guess it's ok.
  • Cool.
  • I guess that's more usefull then the current one.
  • Got any better ideas?
  • No comment.
  • Still not really that usefull and slightly contradicts Vex Armour.
  • No, having one frame (Chroma) that basically decides how I do my fashion just because of stats is too much as it is.
  • The second part great, the first I would nerf the duration slightly.
  • Sounds like an Arcane and not a passive.

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

Her Passive Is Good, But As You Said The Fire Part Is Very Silly, It Would Be Good If It Was Inflicting Heat Or Something (With Weapons And Not Abilities).

Actually it's widely known that many frames have absolutely pointless passive abilities and many of us wish they would change.

The only issue is that there's too much of a gap, DE says they want the passives to be small, but then you have frames like Nidus strutting around with scaling damage and undeath.

Rhino: Agree with the damage => armor thing, reducing the amount and chance could make it fit.

Equinox: Oookay.... Increasing range isnt too bad, but power strength would be the direction you wouldn't want to go. For one, day mode already has a power strength buff and power creeping stats isnt too creative or thematic. Really, increasing the power of the current passive would help Equinox a ton.

Trinity: Increased affinity range and amount could do wonders.

Hydroid: Double credits seems like a bit much and it stomps over both Pilfering and the Secura Lecta. The tentacles could just have a different trigger or it could spawn a mini undertow similar to how Syndicate procs work.

Wukong: Gains 20% Range On Melee Weapons, with this and the added combo time (shouldn't be underestimated) it'd be nice.

Nova: Her abilities kind of do this, may as well just increase her explosive damage and range.

Chroma: Not too helpful, maybe adding a small % of the elemental type as damage to weapons/melee?

Mirage: The Dark buff is so strong, it ironically outshines the Light and fashion frame is end game.

Mag: Cold procs are fun.

Loki: This isn't stealth related at all, and is kind of awkward. The wall latch has it's use. Increased finisher speed or ability duration could be neat.

But again it depends on where DE want to draw the line, so that they can all be on the same level.

I wish they would branch into the MMOBA style passives.

Edited by Synpai

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

Rage, Quick Thinking and Vital Strike.

for loki (while i really like the actual passive) it would be cool to have something like "while undetected/invisible/enemies are not looking at him loki deals increased damage (don't want to write precentages atm) with silenced weapons" (hused invisibility works with it of course)

4 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

for loki (while i really like the actual passive) it would be cool to have something like "while undetected/invisible/enemies are not looking at him loki deals increased damage (don't want to write precentages atm) with silenced weapons" (hused invisibility works with it of course)

17 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Increased finisher speed or ability duration could be neat.

Agree

Dealing Increased Damage With Silenced Weapons Is Amazing, And Increasing Finisher Speed Will Be Good As Well.

2 hours ago, (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O said:

I Think No One Will Talk About This Because We Only Focus On The Abilities Of The Frame, But There Are Really Useless Passives For Some Frames That Need To Be Changed Totally, While Other Passives Need To Get Buffed.

[...]

Tail Winded from General Discussion to Feedback]Warframes&Abilities.

I think Chroma should have built in Rage as passive.  And as far as useless passives go, Vauban.  He has the most useless passive.  He should have a sort of hacker passive, let him hack consoles and turn enemy security against them, for grineer maps this would effect arc traps.  Thats just off the top of my head though and almost anything else would be more useful than what he has now.  

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

Ammo Drum, Shred, and Warm Coat.

See, I can random mods with no explanation too.  go me.

Trigger Accelerant & WoF.

Get hit.

Shields go down.

Vitality dwindles.

Energy increases (Rage).

If you're not fast enough to attack something with Vital Strike+Fire Galatine P., get saved with Quick Thinking. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. At the tenth time you might have some problems.

Repeat ad infinitum.

Grofit.

Add up Naramon's shadow step for even more immortality.

I'm triggered you couldn't see the synergy at this one.

Edited by Hecro

18 hours ago, Hecro said:

I'm triggered you couldn't see the synergy at this one.

Synergy is not the point.  Utilizing 3 mods in concert on specific (hazardous) tilesets or against certain enemies by purposely damaging oneself just to take advantage of a passive is ... silly.

Let's see, what does Valkyr have to do to gain effectiveness from her passive? Oh right, stand there, and not fall down.

Excal? Equip a sword, any sword.

Mesa? Unequip certain weapons.

Saryn?  Hit something with her abilities.

Ember? Equip some mods, re-arrange your build, activate your abilities in a certain order, find some fire or wait about for fire to find you, rush to do extra damage.

Yeah, makes sense.

Be triggered as much as you wish.  changes nothing about ember's passive being crap.  Yes people will find a way to make the most of it, same with Hydroid's slam passive.  I'm sure people equip jet kitty and go to town.  That is somewhere to the side and slightly below the point.

Edited by Xekrin

10 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

find some fire or wait about for fire to find you, rush to do extra damage.

I'm even more triggered now because I didn't imply the need of fire damage at any point but with the Galatine.

Edited by Hecro

2 hours ago, Hecro said:

I'm even more triggered now because I didn't imply the need of fire damage at any point but with the Galatine.

Receiving Fire damage is sort of essential to using Ember's passive, the entire point of this discussion is the passive, if you are not talking about the passive, you are in the wrong thread.

Using Rage, Quick Thinking and what I'm guessing you meant Life Strike (Vital Strike does not exist) to counteract the damage taken that is needed to use the passive is an awful way to utilize a passive.  Hence the reason its a terrible passive, which is the entire point of this thread and my reply in particular.

Honestly I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.  Just forget it,  ember's passive rocks yadayada whatever.