Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entitlement is not the answer to enjoying Warframe

ikkabotz

On 8/26/2017 at 4:03 PM, DatDarkOne said:

Only for this game do you see outright demands for things to be changed.

I don't have specialized experience in very many fields, but I've been around a forum or two, and I can tell you that you're wrong in this particular regard.

People demand change everywhere. Every game, every movie, every fandom has a loud minority that want to see that thing changed to suit them.

The whole premise of this thread is known as meta-complaining (or it used to be called that) which is also just as common as this so called "Entitlement". You can also add the word "toxic" to this list, as these themes are human, and not isolated to one particular area of a video game forum. It's our focus that tends to be narrow, not human behavior.

19 hours ago, (PS4)jaganar1 said:

ditto ... once i decide on a GRINDING mindset ...i kill all audio sounds but ORDIS , start blasting thrash metal and i fly right by 

the hardest part of WF is relic hunting for parts you need   \ unless you arent ready equipment wise for SENTIENTS cus those mofos are horrid 

and say *CENSORED* IT and kill all in your path . but above all else HAVE MUSIC blasting , cus the time will fly right by and before you know it , its time for extraction .

19 hours ago, (PS4)jaganar1 said:

before you know it , its time for extraction .

That's not because of music, m8. It's just cause missions barely last 5 minutes each - some even shorter than that.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

I just wish new players could sit back and realize how easy they actually have it.  Some resources used to be much harder to get.  I had to wait four years for 'primed shred.' I played through the starchart solo and built every single item.  Those who say, they're busy get zero sympathy from me.  I've a full-time job, commute for over three hours a day, have a family, help my kid study, cook, clean, and go running an hour four to five times a week.  I play about thirty minutes a day on average.  If I can do the slog and wait for things like log in rewards so can everyone else.  Sit back and enjoy yourself.   The game is fun without having to worry about the meta.   

I don't get the Oxium issue in the current version of the game. Outside of the two very basic pointers - run Nekros and run endless fissures - there is one more way to to attain your Oxium fix without reaching out for your credit card - use the fact that there are "free" resource boosters in the game. Be it from Baro or sorties, or god forbid - using trading to acquire platinum - you have ways to "cut corners" in order to reach your goal faster. But all this for... Vauban prime? Really? Ignoring the fact that he needs 20 nitain (which is a lot worse in my book, to the point in which I despise this introduction to the game), do you really need that shiny right now?

Considering log in rewards and the power levels they enable - Really? How many times post MR 12/13 the reason you are not doing enough damage is a lack of a certain Primed mod? Not the event mods, not the rivens or the weapon variants - but that bloody log in mod. Please.

I am not going to comment on the "trials" because they do trial things, and it is not your skills. 
Crying for the relics is simply silly. The old void died so people can have aces to primes without the need to "gid gud". 

@AperoBeltaTwo  maybe bro :crylaugh:,but when you are stuck on the GRINDING missions *ie 2o rounds survival*  or those frakkin orkin challenges ,you gata drop the audio to zero and blast metal,unless you enter a boss mission  then you are SoL *ie HYENA pack * and have no choice  but to use music , cus you can only go so far before the fx makes you nervous as heck. 

@jfhsanseiIII i agree man ,but BLEH sometimes the only thing i think would be great would be a RANDOM mission option when you cant decide where to head to , like you press the button *like this *

Image result for warframe icon

and wham you are on a random mission and every time you press it it tosses you to a random planet anywhere on the map  assuming you have that level unlocked*first you are on earth ,and press it again you are on eres , *

8 hours ago, Archistopheles said:

I don't have specialized experience in very many fields, but I've been around a forum or two, and I can tell you that you're wrong in this particular regard.

People demand change everywhere. Every game, every movie, every fandom has a loud minority that want to see that thing changed to suit them.

The whole premise of this thread is known as meta-complaining (or it used to be called that) which is also just as common as this so called "Entitlement". You can also add the word "toxic" to this list, as these themes are human, and not isolated to one particular area of a video game forum. It's our focus that tends to be narrow, not human behavior.

I can agree with this.  It's just in the last few years I've noticed a "General Ignorance" develop on the internet as a whole, and it really saddens me. 

Spoiler

It's almost like watching a daughter grow up, graduate med school, and then become a pole dancer.  *messed up, right?*

It kinda all went downhill after 2005.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

16 hours ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

I just wish new players could sit back and realize how easy they actually have it.  Some resources used to be much harder to get.   

When I first started playing a few years ago, my clanmates would get hyped anytime they found Rubedo, so you can imagine the sense of urgency that occurred whenever an Orokin Cell was spotted. Farming materials was slow going, but hey, we were working together and having fun so it didn't matter. Funny that.

16 hours ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

I just wish new players could sit back and realize how easy they actually have it.  Some resources used to be much harder to get.  I had to wait four years for 'primed shred.' I played through the starchart solo and built every single item.  Those who say, they're busy get zero sympathy from me.  I've a full-time job, commute for over three hours a day, have a family, help my kid study, cook, clean, and go running an hour four to five times a week.  I play about thirty minutes a day on average.  If I can do the slog and wait for things like log in rewards so can everyone else.  Sit back and enjoy yourself.   The game is fun without having to worry about the meta.   

Go through the spectres of the rail and repeat that.

11 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I can agree with this.  It's just in the last few years I've noticed a "General Ignorance" develop on the internet as a whole, and it really saddens me. 

Like I was saying before, I don't think things have "gone downhill" at all, it's just our focus as individuals, and our sensitivities that have changed. All the world's issues have been there from the start, we're just more connected now.

On 8/24/2017 at 7:40 AM, komoriblues said:

Lately, I've read all kinds of entitlement threads. .Primed Shred shouldn't be a login reward, Oxium is the new Argon, Arcanes are too hard to farm, Relics RNG is too tight, I don't have time to play the game. .I'm curious what players think of these kind of posts? 

Don't bother me at all. People wanting things easier, more abundantly, less randomly, etc. does not affect my gameplay at all, except occasionally to make it easier and more rewarding. I sometimes agree with the suggestions, sometimes I don't, and sometimes I think they show up because one particular thing has annoyed someone to the point that they just need to vent, but it never upsets me.

Warframe is a high-speed "kick &#! and look good doing it" game. It isn't supposed to be hard, it's supposed to be fun.

What's more, the "anti-entitlement" posts I see here generally seem to stem from an "I worked and suffered for it, so you should too." I fundamentally disagree with this mindset. I didn't work for anything I have in Waframe; I played a game and got some stuff as a result.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Don't bother me at all. People wanting things easier, more abundantly, less randomly, etc. does not affect my gameplay at all, except occasionally to make it easier and more rewarding. I sometimes agree with the suggestions, sometimes I don't, and sometimes I think they show up because one particular thing has annoyed someone to the point that they just need to vent, but it never upsets me.

Warframe is a high-speed "kick &#! and look good doing it" game. It isn't supposed to be hard, it's supposed to be fun.

What's more, the "anti-entitlement" posts I see here generally seem to stem from an "I worked and suffered for it, so you should too." I fundamentally disagree with this mindset. I didn't work for anything I have in Waframe; I played a game and got some stuff as a result.

Image result for clap .gif

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

This is exactly why I started the thread. .there's a contending polarity of players right now. .some want it easy some don't. .I'm not saying what's right or wrong, only my own preference. .one thing I would disagree with is that the approach won't affect gameplay. .I think it will significantly and is in large part where my concerns lie. .I'll leave it to the reader to decide what that will look like. .whatever the case discussion is helpful in seeing a direction players may hold sentiment on. .prior to the thread I don't think we had a direct forum addressing it. I'd argue the easier things become the more it favors isolating gameplay between players

Edited by komoriblues