Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Unobtainable Weapons List (Console Pleb Edition)

(PSN)Joshhwwaaaaaa

1) Lato Prime (only through Founder's Pack)

2) Skana Prime (only through Founder's Pack)

3) Machete (technically obtainable but only when DE feels like giving it out)

4) Ether Daggers (obtainable only through the Stolen Dreams Quest)

5) Furax Wraith (obtainable only through previous Rathuum Event)

6) Braton Vandal (obtainable only through previous Open Beta Weekend)

7) Lato Vandal (obtainable only through previous Open Beta Weekend)

So I feel that all of these weapons should be obtainable moving forward. The only problem I see of course are the Lato and Skana Prime. I don't think it would be too unacceptable to open these up to everyone. As the real prize is Excalibur Prime. I've tried imagining myself as PC Founder and putting myself in their shoes. I don't think they would mind if everyone got access to the Lato and Skana Prime. But only if they were sold as a pack for real money and not tradeable. So now onto the other weapons:

Machete should be a blueprint available all the time.

Ether Daggers should be obtainable by playing Stolen Dreams again.

Furax Wraith needs to be in rotation for Baro.

Braton Vandal needs to be in rotation for Baro.

Lato Vandal needs to be in rotation for Baro.

If I missed any other weapons please let me know. (Granted I'm a console player so I think PC has other stuff maybe?)

P.S. my anus is prepared for comments regarding "PC Founder's... NO. That will never happen. lol smh who does this guy think he is?"

You forgot the coveted Snipetron.

Also, really, who actually cares about Lato and Skana Prime? I'm so sick of hearing about any items related to Founders that isn't in an archive of sorts just for listing purposes. Excalibur Prime isn't even that special in himself either, he's just barely shiny.

Giving Baro everything is a huge dependency issue that I'm sure nobody cares to deal with.

Now:

Machete was removed due to its stats. It's the absolute weakest melee in the game. It's only real value is collection purposes. It's more of a limited time weapon anyway, and that's fine. It's not like you're missing out on an amazing weapon. Let it come around whenever it's appropriate.

Braton and Lato Vandal ARE coming back. Most likely as an event item. DE Stated they will, they just are unsure of how they want to do it. 

Furax Wraith most likely will come from Either Baro or Invasions. If it's invasions, the Corpus are doomed since the only decent item they have is Snipetron Vandal.

Ether Daggers.... well, there at least should be a warning on them that they don't come from anywhere else and that they're a one-time deal.

Honestly, I just hope we get another Tactical Alert for Snipetron with Plains of Eidolon.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Did they remove the Snipetron again? I have one, and I didn't get it that long ago. 

Ether Daggers appear in alerts. I have one built and another blueprint -- I'm fairly certain I saw the ether daggers a week or two ago on PS4 alerts. 

All the other weapons you listed are trash to be honest. Yes, they need to come back but I honestly don't see any rush. 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Also, really, who actually cares about Lato and Skana Prime? I'm so sick of hearing about any items related to Founders that isn't in an archive of sorts just for listing purposes. Excalibur Prime isn't even that special in himself either, he's just barely shiny.

Giving Baro everything is a huge dependency issue that I'm sure nobody cares to deal with.

Now:

Machete was removed due to its stats. It's the absolute weakest melee in the game. It's only real value is collection purposes. It's more of a limited time weapon anyway, and that's fine. It's not like you're missing out on an amazing weapon. Let it come around whenever it's appropriate.

Braton and Lato Vandal ARE coming back. Most likely as an event item. DE Stated they will, they just are unsure of how they want to do it. 

Furax Wraith most likely will come from Either Baro or Invasions. If it's invasions, the Corpus are doomed since the only decent item they have is Snipetron Vandal.

Ether Daggers.... well, there at least should be a warning on them that they don't come from anywhere else and that they're a one-time deal.

Honestly, I just hope we get another Tactical Alert for Snipetron with Plains of Eidolon.

I really enjoy the look of the Lato and Skana Prime so I would like to have them. :)

Totally forgot about the regular Snipetron. Let's make it always available as BP then. 

Yeah the Baro stuff could be invasion alerts. I can get behind that.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Did they remove the Snipetron again? I have one, and I didn't get it that long ago. 

Ether Daggers appear in alerts. I have one built and another blueprint -- I'm fairly certain I saw the ether daggers a week or two ago on PS4 alerts. 

All the other weapons you listed are trash to be honest. Yes, they need to come back but I honestly don't see any rush. 

Project Undermine back from 2015 was it's last appearance.

Ether Daggers do not come from anywhere except as a reward from Stolen Dreams.

You may be thinking of another weapon, such as Ceramic Dagger, that drops in alerts.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

I really enjoy the look of the Lato and Skana Prime so I would like to have them. :)

Totally forgot about the regular Snipetron. Let's make it always available as BP then. 

Yeah the Baro stuff could be invasion alerts. I can get behind that.

Unfortunately, as I said, Lato and Skana Prime, not happening. Ever. I'm tired of this subject of Founders items.

As for Snipetron, I would actually discourage it being a permanent blueprint, always available. I'd rather they had an event or tactical alert again that rewards it, like Project Undermine back in 2015. It was replaced by Lanka, after all.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Project Undermine back from 2015 was it's last appearance.

Ether Daggers so not come from anywhere except as a reward from Stolen Dreams.

You may be thinking of another weapon, such as Ceramic Dagger, that drops in alerts.

The one with Maroo? Was that really so long ago? 

I'm sure it was the ether daggers, as I can't think of any other reason I'd have a spare blueprint for them. If I happen to see it again, I'll document it so that it can be added to the wiki. 

Just now, (PS4)theelix said:

The one with Maroo? Was that really so long ago? 

I'm sure it was the ether daggers, as I can't think of any other reason I'd have a spare blueprint for them. If I happen to see it again, I'll document it so that it can be added to the wiki. 

Please do, as unless you somehow glitched the game, you only get one. 

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Unfortunately, as I said, Lato and Skana Prime, not happening. Ever. I'm tired of this subject of Founders items.

As for Snipetron, I would actually discourage it being a permanent blueprint, always available. I'd rather they had an event or tactical alert again that rewards it, like Project Undermine back in 2015. It was replaced by Lanka, after all.

As you can see there are still people like me interested the Founder's Item. I don't think that's going away bud.

I don't think 1 time only for the Snipetron is the way to go. If I'm understanding you correctly.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

There is the "Dual Ether", "Ether Sword" and "Ether Daggers". I think you are confusing them. 

Just now, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

As you can see there are still people like me interested the Founder's Item. I don't think that's going away bud.

I don't think 1 time only for the Snipetron is the way to go. If I'm understanding you correctly.

I understand the fascination for the underwhelming Founders items is high. I just want to know that the people who want it understand they can't have it. Acceptence of the fact is all I want to know.

As for Snipetron, I'm saying it should be an Event reward, not a permanent BP in the market. Means it can come around here and there, but isn't readily available.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

There is the "Dual Ether", "Ether Sword" and "Ether Daggers". I think you are confusing them. 

Nah, here it is. I'm currently checking because if I did see it on an alert it should've shown in the twitter page. It's not there, so I guess I confused it with something else but I am sure that I have one built and another blueprint. I don't believe I was playing back when it was obtainable again, or maybe I was. I'm rather confused now, actually. 

DIFtKukUAAAyolm.jpg:orig

1 minute ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Nah, here it is. I'm currently checking because if I did see it on an alert it should've shown in the twitter page. It's not there, so I guess I confused it with something else but I am sure that I have one built and another blueprint. I don't believe I was playing back when it was obtainable again, or maybe I was. I'm rather confused now, actually. 

DIFtKukUAAAyolm.jpg:orig

Glitches have been known to occur in Warframe :)

I have never seen an alert for it. (Doesn't mean there isn't one but I have over 900 hours in this game.)

Also the wiki states the quest only

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ether_Daggers

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I understand the fascination for the underwhelming Founders items is high. I just want to know that the people who want it understand they can't have it. Acceptence of the fact is all I want to know.

As for Snipetron, I'm saying it should be an Event reward, not a permanent BP in the market. Means it can come around here and there, but isn't readily available.

Can't have it. I understand. But doesn't mean I'm going to stop asking. :)

Fair for the Snipetron I guess.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

1) Lato Prime (only through Founder's Pack)

2) Skana Prime (only through Founder's Pack)

The only problem I see of course are the Lato and Skana Prime. I don't think it would be too unacceptable to open these up to everyone. As the real prize is Excalibur Prime. I've tried imagining myself as PC Founder and putting myself in their shoes. I don't think they would mind if everyone got access to the Lato and Skana Prime.

If you can imagine in our place, what makes you think we wouldnt mind the Skana and Lato Primes being released again? Specially considering they were from higher tiers of Founder`s Pack.

Excalibur Prime - Hunter/Disciple Founders
Skana Prime - Master Founder
Lato Prime - Grandmaster Founder

So yeah, it would be very unfair for me seeing non-founders wielding them.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

6) Braton Vandal (obtainable only through previous Open Beta Weekend)

7) Lato Vandal (obtainable only through previous Open Beta Weekend)

Braton Vandal needs to be in rotation for Baro.

Lato Vandal needs to be in rotation for Baro.

[DE] has stated a few months ago that Lato and Braton Vandal variants should show up again. Hopefully both as reward from some event. As for Baro i think it should only show up on him about a year after said event.

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

If you can imagine in our place, what makes you think we wouldnt mind the Skana and Lato Primes being released again? Specially considering they were from higher tiers of Founder`s Pack.

Excalibur Prime - Hunter/Disciple Founders
Skana Prime - Master Founder
Lato Prime - Grandmaster Founder

So yeah, it would be very unfair for me seeing non-founders wielding them.

[DE] has stated a few months ago that Lato and Braton Vandal variants should show up again. Hopefully both as reward from some event. As for Baro i think it should only show up on him about a year after said event.

I understand you want to feel special. That's why I'm not suggesting Excalibur Prime. I want the community to share and bask in the glory that is Satan. I mean Warframe. I don't consider myself selfish in this way. And I did mention it would be a real money only purchase. I think it's fair. Whether DE ever agree to this (probably never but again I'm going to keep asking) is up more up to DE I think. They don't seem to be pressed for money.

Also I want to get on my soapbox for just a moment about Founder's Pack. How in the blazes are you supposed to know if the game will be good or not? There was a Founder's Pack for Marvel Omega Heroes not too long ago. If I had known that I would love the game I would have purchased it. Basically it's a Catch 22. Sidenote: I never heard of Warframe until I saw it on Xbox One as free game. So I didn't even get the chance to ponder whether or not I wanted to throw down money for it.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

I understand you want to feel special. That's why I'm not suggesting Excalibur Prime. I want the community to share and bask in the glory that is Satan. I mean Warframe. I don't consider myself selfish in this way. And I did mention it would be a real money only purchase. I think it's fair. Whether DE ever agree to this (probably never but again I'm going to keep asking) is up more up to DE I think. They don't seem to be pressed for money.

The matter in question here is, wile Excalibur Prime is an Exclusive, the Skana and Lato Primes are even more Exclusive than him as they were locked behind higher and more expensive tiers of the founders program. So releasing them to the public would be a greater issue than releasing Excal Prime him self.

Tho DE depends on the Money to keep the game running, the way they have managed it so far has kept it working pretty well without the need to become a money hog as most Free2Play games end up doing. That being said, not even for Money DE would release them again.

And no, its not DE`s decision if any of the Founder`s item could/should/would be released again at any time now or in the future as they signed an agreement term with the Founders to maintain Founder`s exclusives, exclusive... This means that even if a petition was made 1 million to 1 in favor of re-releasing said items, they couldnt.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Also I want to get on my soapbox for just a moment about Founder's Pack. How in the blazes are you supposed to know if the game will be good or not? There was a Founder's Pack for Marvel Omega Heroes not too long ago. If I had known that I would love the game I would have purchased it. Basically it's a Catch 22. Sidenote: I never heard of Warframe until I saw it on Xbox One as free game. So I didn't even get the chance to ponder whether or not I wanted to throw down money for it.

The game was already great from start. With only a week playing me and my husband were heavily tempted in buying the founders pack and so i did.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

The matter in question here is, wile Excalibur Prime is an Exclusive, the Skana and Lato Primes are even more Exclusive than him as they were locked behind higher and more expensive tiers of the founders program. So releasing them to the public would be a greater issue than releasing Excal Prime him self.

Tho DE depends on the Money to keep the game running, the way they have managed it so far has kept it working pretty well without the need to become a money hog as most Free2Play games end up doing. That being said, not even for Money DE would release them again.

And no, its not DE`s decision if any of the Founder`s item could/should/would be released again at any time now or in the future as they signed an agreement term with the Founders to maintain Founder`s exclusives, exclusive... This means that even if a petition was made 1 million to 1 in favor of re-releasing said items, they couldnt.

I hear you. I have read everything. I understand your argument.

But I would be willing to bet you that through their Terms and Service agreement they could find a way to resell it or portion of it. It's not impossible. I used to be grandfathered into Verizon Unlimited Data (back when it was in fact unlimited) and through contract they were obliged to meet that agreement. Well they got rid of that grandfathered plan and there wasn't a thing I could do about it (except drag their name through the mud and never use them again for anything in life). 

Take solace in the fact that it will probably never happen. You're not going to change my mind on if it's possible or not or if I want to keep asking.

Reminder: this is just a friendly conversation. :)

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

I understand you want to feel special. That's why I'm not suggesting Excalibur Prime.

Excalibur Prime was the cheapest Founder item and thus least treasured by Founders.  He may be the most saught after by non-founders but he only cost £33 while the pack with him and the Skana was £66 and getting the Lato as well was £166.  I'd love to have a Lato Prime but I respect the fact that people like BiancaRoughfin paid £100 more than I did for that, their names on a hidden list in relays and about 5665 platinum.

Regarding Braton and Lato Vandal, it was said in a devstream that they would likely come back in a way that respected commitment since they are currently only held by people there from the beginning.  As such my guess would be that they'll appear in the Daily Tributes, only available after X number of days.  The other Wraiths/Vandals can be added to Baro and/or Invasions as seems to be the current norm.

Machete blueprint could be added as a drop from Scorpions.

Ether Dagger Blueprint from replaying the quest sounds good and I'd like to see more quests made replayable just for the fun of revisiting the story.

Edited by Katinka

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

Excalibur Prime was the cheapest Founder item and thus least treasured by Founders.  He may be the most saught after by non-founders but he only cost £33 while the pack with him and the Skana was £66 and getting the Lato as well was £165.  I'd love to have a Lato Prime but I respect the fact that people like BiancaRoughfin paid £99 more than I did for that, their names on a hidden list in relays and about 5665 platinum.

Regarding Braton and Lato Vandal, it was said in a devstream that they would likely come back in a way that respected commitment since they are currently only held by people there from the beginning.  As such my guess would be that they'll appear in the Daily Tributes, only available after X number of days.  The other Wraiths/Vandals can be added to Baro and/or Invasions as seems to be the current norm.

Machete blueprint could be added as a drop from Scorpions.

Ether Dagger Blueprint from replaying the quest sounds good and I'd like to see more quests made replayable just for the fun of revisiting the story.

You paid money. I understand where you're all coming from. But I think it would be fair if they opened it up again. Skana Prime would cost $50 and Lato Prime would cost $100 (no idea on dollars to pounds conversion). 

I'm living in a pie in the sky world. None of you can bring me down. :)

The Supra Vandal is also unobtainable for those who didn't participate in the Ambulas Reborn event.

The Ether Daggers used to be a normal marketplace item before it was removed. My guess is you got the blueprint from the market and built it, and then later got another blueprint from the Stolen Dreams quest.