Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh, a trend!

grigorije

Digital Extremes with 'The Amazing Eternals' and Valve with 'Artefact'.

Coincidence? Just kidding! :P

I hope the new game grows to be popular like Overwatch - it might even attract new players to Warframe. We could also get 'cross-content' or whatever it's called - noggles and other decorations with an Amazing Eternals theme, and vice versa.

I just hope DE does not sacrifice resources dedicated to Warframe in order to develop and maintain their future titles.

P.S.: This is not a rant or hate post; I need something to distract me from the impending doom brought about by exams.

Spoiler

Post sponsored by Soon™.

Edited by grigorije

6 minutes ago, grigorije said:

I just hope DE does not sacrifice resources dedicated to Warframe in order to develop and maintain their future titles.

If Digital Extremes is attempting to grow, moving resources to a new IP would be like them cutting the top off a blanket and sewing it onto the bottom to make it longer. Both are silly ideas.

i share similar sentiments with the OP. it'll be a bad idea to remove resources from the Warframe team for the Amazing Eternals. Not only because I love Warframe and I don't want its development to be stunted or slowed, but rather, Warframe is at a point where it cannot have its resources removed. I believe Warframe is still positively growing and so it would not make sense to remove folks that are working on it.

2 minutes ago, Church002 said:

i share similar sentiments with the OP. it'll be a bad idea to remove resources from the Warframe team for the Amazing Eternals. Not only because I love Warframe and I don't want its development to be stunted or slowed, but rather, Warframe is at a point where it cannot have its resources removed. I believe Warframe is still positively growing and so it would not make sense to remove folks that are working on it.

Well, I might just be too paranoid. As long as DE does not turn into a company with passive income like a certain someone, we're gonna be fine.

25 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

If I recall the Conclave team was assigned to this new IP, but that info is hear-say so take it with a grain of Inaros' sacred sand.

keystone TAE alpha tester here. even if its the conclave team. it doesnt feel like conclave at all. it actualy feels a lot like overwatch/paladins/battleborn and other titles of that genre. although its more complex than those 3. which IMO makes it better.

also the only ones i recognize from the discord that work(ed) on warframe is DEdrew. all the others seem to be new.

Edited by SupremeDutchGamer

1 minute ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

keystone TAE alpha tester here. even if its the conclave team. it doesnt feel like conclave at all. it actualy feels a lot like overwatch/paladins/battleborn and other titles of that genre. although its more complex than those 3. which IMO makes it better.

I expected as much. It is not that DE cannot make proper PvP games, it's just that Warframe in particular was never meant to be a PvP game. Although, as a Warframe player, the clearly superior graphics of TAE do make me a bit jealous. :p

6 hours ago, grigorije said:

they won't, if they have any sense whatsoever. Warframe is DE's bread and butter, and has made them far more money than any of their other ventures, plus given them a huge community and even their own convention! with Plains of Eidolon, Warframe isn't just going full steam ahead, it's Rhino charging at warp speed into the future!

the Devs for Amazing eternals are supposed to be the Conclave team, so if Warframe is hit, it'll be in it's PvP content, which is fine by me since I don't play conclave and Warframe is PvE oriented anyhow. if anything, I'd be more worried about the opposite: that Amazing Eternals gets little attention due to the Devs commitments to Warframe. I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work though, they wouldn't have created AE if they didn't have the resources, right? let's hope they haven't bitten off more than they can chew!