Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 9 Test (and possibly other MR tests)

GLaDOS

Hello
This is a complaint about MR tests (Mainly MR 9's test)

You may say it's "easy I passed it on the 1st try" but not everyone has your luck
I failed
it TWICE not counting the practice I did in the Relay.
The mobs can't see you when you pass around them on the open while 3m away, but see you from across the room randomly
The practice room actually kicks you when you fail 3 times, how is that practice?
Please rework or fix these kinds of MR tests
Thank you.

Easy I passed it on the first try. (may I add it was the old version which was way bigger and easier)

Any way, sence I am nice, have some tips.

• Crouching helps make you less easily detected, try to stay behind cover to further benefit from it.
  • You can't use your abilities, so mind as well use that energy for channeling and decompose the bodies so other enemies won't spot them.
  • Patiance is your friend, not your foe.
  • Got the wiki and do some research, infact here is a link for you http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth and also a completion of the test 
Edited by AlphaPHENIX

5 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Easy I passed it on the first try.

Why should MASTERY tests be easy? I'm disappointed in all of the tests that are trivial in difficulty, because at my mastery rank, it's a factor of "wow, I just levelled 80% of the game's content and THIS is the "challenge" I'm supposed to complete?" (I'm looking at you, archwing "speed" challenge)

Practice multiple times. Learn the arena. Use a glaive, if you're still having trouble.

The Mastery Rank tests are very easy that it's just a joke. It's not even an achievement to be MR 23-24, it just shows how many things you've leveled.

I did that test back a year or two ago when there were no test runs and you go in blind or get info from others that have done it. I did it on my first try. Now you actually have the ability to do test runs and observe how the test goes, it's not that difficult, just gotta use a little bit of your brain.

On an added note: They're called MASTERY tests. This one is for stealth if you aren't able to complete it, then you don't deserve the next rank. You should WORK HARD and show your KNOWLEDGE of the game for MASTERY tests, they're not called EASY AF tests.

Edited by secret9005

39 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

Why should MASTERY tests be easy? I'm disappointed in all of the tests that are trivial in difficulty, because at my mastery rank, it's a factor of "wow, I just levelled 80% of the game's content and THIS is the "challenge" I'm supposed to complete?" (I'm looking at you, archwing "speed" challenge)

Practice multiple times. Learn the arena. Use a glaive, if you're still having trouble.

And I agree with you, but to someone who has farmed Ivara it's still easy.

20 hours ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

Use a glaive, if you're still having trouble.

^ This

Also remember that it isn't just you getting spotted that will cause you to fail. If an enemy sees a body that will also fail you but remember that channeling attacks always dissolve the body so glaive + channeling = EZ mode ;)

I hate the A******s who claim these things are easy. These mastery tests are terrible, come with a completely pointless 24hr time limit, and have almost nothing to do with the actual gameplay. Easily the worst part of this game. Actually, I take that back, the Lua Orokin agility test is the worst part of the game.

2 hours ago, not2human said:

I hate the A******s who claim these things are easy.

So you hate the truth? They're easy. They shouldn't be easy but they are. Any time one even has a modicum of difficulty everyone* complains. People want them to be easy but you think that we're jerks for calling them what they are?

Some people.

Edited by Chipputer
* By "everyone" I mean, "those people that hate difficulty or challenge"

16 hours ago, not2human said:

I hate the A******s who claim these things are easy. These mastery tests are terrible, come with a completely pointless 24hr time limit, and have almost nothing to do with the actual gameplay. Easily the worst part of this game. Actually, I take that back, the Lua Orokin agility test is the worst part of the game.

You have unlimited Practice Tests. If you did the tests and passed them you shouldn't have a hard time with the actual test unless either a bug or bad luck happens or you're just really bad. Back then the 24hr time limit actually meant something, and we actually had to be somewhat good to do the mastery test (I mean there's always the wiki but still you couldn't practice it and feel it yourself).

On 9/10/2017 at 9:48 AM, secret9005 said:

You have unlimited Practice Tests. If you did the tests and passed them you shouldn't have a hard time with the actual test unless either a bug or bad luck happens or you're just really bad. Back then the 24hr time limit actually meant something, and we actually had to be somewhat good to do the mastery test (I mean there's always the wiki but still you couldn't practice it and feel it yourself).

As someone who practiced this and breezed through it with only a single detection, my assumption was also that mastery 9 would be "easy".

Two days of failure later and I'm pretty ready to throw this game in the trash.

I've spent both of these days repeatedly practicing and failing the encounter in new and inspiring ways. The actual limitations of enemies and the actual qualifications for how one does and does not get detected are incredibly loose. Having a remotely depthful segment beforehand, in any shape or form, or removing the completely arbitrary daily limit on mastery attempts on ranks below the actually 'challenging' ranks, would go miles towards alleviating the intense frustrations that come from random difficulty spikes like these.

Edited by SentientBee

3 hours ago, SentientBee said:

The actual limitations of enemies and the actual qualifications for how one does and does not get detected are incredibly loose.

They are actually very strict. An enemy sees you, detected. An enemy sees a body, detected. An enemy hears something, detected.

Equip yourself with a glaive as I posted earlier for silent attacks and use channelling attacks to dissolve the bodies. Make sure the glaive does not bounce off anything as that makes noise. Equip enemy radar so you can see the enemy detection ranges.

MR test are as much about teaching you the importance of the right loadout as they are about teaching you the mechanics of the game. Many can be completely cheesed with the right loadout :smile:

On 9/14/2017 at 11:46 PM, Shalath said:

They are actually very strict. An enemy sees you, detected. An enemy sees a body, detected. An enemy hears something, detected.

Equip yourself with a glaive as I posted earlier for silent attacks and use channelling attacks to dissolve the bodies. Make sure the glaive does not bounce off anything as that makes noise. Equip enemy radar so you can see the enemy detection ranges.

MR test are as much about teaching you the importance of the right loadout as they are about teaching you the mechanics of the game. Many can be completely cheesed with the right loadout :smile:

If they can be "cheesed" then they aren't really accomplishing that goal, are they?

Mastery tests need to be completely removed. They're pointless.