Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Shield Lancers (Or Something)

(PSN)Snck_on_mah_Chub

1 minute ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Have you tried hitting the lancer rather than the shield?

I know for some it's a paradigm shift, but the principle is the same as in hockey: players find they score more goals when they shoot the puck where the goalie isn't.

If only it were that simple. Have you attempted to swing a slow hammer against an enemy with a giant shield who can whirl around faster than Limbo enters and exits the void? It's infuriating. And daggers and swords are too small to hit him fast enough, so you only way to knock them down is to bullet jump. Problem is, everytime i attempt that, they hit me first and i get knocked back regardless

Just now, (PS4)c8dx2297 said:

If only it were that simple. Have you attempted to swing a slow hammer against an enemy with a giant shield who can whirl around faster than Limbo enters and exits the void? It's infuriating. And daggers and swords are too small to hit him fast enough, so you only way to knock them down is to bullet jump. Problem is, everytime i attempt that, they hit me first and i get knocked back regardless

jump kick -> ground finisher -> dead -> wash, rinse, repeat.

The only problem I have with Shield Lancers is that, unlike almost all other enemy abilities, their shield bash attack has no cooldown. DE is relying solely on the attack's knockback to prevent them from spamming it, since they only use it at close range. This means that if their target is immune to knockback or is pinned against a wall, they will spam it endlessly. Depending on your knockdown recovery speed, this can sometimes result in being juggled against a wall until death, as you may have no usable input window. It's rare, but it's happened to me over a dozen times. The last time was months ago, but I've seen nothing to indicate it's not still possible.

It's pretty easy to see their spam potential if you let one get close to a cryopod in Defense.

I only have two gripes with Shield Lancers : 

As mentioned above, they have no cooldown on their shield bash. Basically they can stunlock you to death if you're unlucky or unfamiliar with them.

The scaling of their weapon is just plain broken. They can deal so much damage with just one or two hits of their bursts, it's crazy. I still see players either unfamiliar with them or just caught by surprise while they're busy with a hundred other enemies get facemelt surprisingly often. It's just weird.

The shield itself though seems pretty much useless. I mean just aim for their heads behind the shield, usually it kills them almost immediately, no need for punchthrough weapons or mods. You don't even need to try and run around it to hit the lancer, or even get close to them to jumpkick them, it's a pointless risk. Just shoot the upper part of the shield, that's it, projectiles tend to go right through it. Avoid melee attacks on the shield though, that doesn't really work. Slam attacks on the other hand, flatten them instantly. Easy kill right there.

1 hour ago, FLSH_BNG said:

jump kick -> ground finisher -> dead -> wash, rinse, repeat.

You do understand my original message, correct? The little tiny shield they carry can thwart a metal kanabo. If you don;t know what a kanabo is, grab a dictionary. My original point was that Shield Lancers SHOULD NOT be able to block anything and everything with that little shield. As Trapzz07 said, they need to add a knockback effect on heavy melee weapons. I understand how to dropkick in this game, i'm simply pointing out the extremely flawed logic behind this enemy type. Don't act like an elitist just because you have a method. I would like a variable method to melee combat, instead of being forced to retreat and aim for their stupid heads.

The Shieldlancers just need a nerf in general. Nothing is worse than bulletjumping and sprinting through a level and then one happens to turn the corner as you do and he just smacks you out of the air and then proceeds to stunlock you in a corner. I had this happen to me while playing Inaros with max health and armor, medi-ray, rejuvenation and it was only a level 17 enemy so you can imagine how much fun I had waiting a full 3 minutes just to die.
Now that I think back on it I probably could have used /unstuck to get out of it. 

Also the final sortie today was even worse for that. I was repeatedly sniped out of the air by Scorpions and then stunlocked by Shieldlancers with no hope of ever getting up due to the "Fire" debuff reducing health and recovery time.
The game balance is pretty flimsy when it comes to the entire Grineer faction in general.