The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alright DE, You may give em PBR. But porting an old model to your current game are not "Deluxe Skin".

CoolPsyco

Even when you tweak it like for example you put those fins on proto excalibur legs.

I dont hate the skin but exca and nyx also need to be on the list of  frame deluxe skin. even when you put it on the bottom of the list

Edited by CoolPsyco

43 minutes ago, CoolPsyco said:

i didnt said i hate it dude.

I didn't say you hate it either.

You can like something, but not enough to buy it. Your title, on the other hand, comes across as rude. You have no way of knowing how much or how little work went into those skins.

I doubt they simply copy-pasted it over from Dark Sector.

2 hours ago, CoolPsyco said:

Even when you tweak it like for example you put those fins on proto excalibur legs.

I dont hate the skin but exca and nyx also need to be on the list of  frame deluxe skin. even when you put it on the bottom of the list

No you are wrong. Just because it was ported (not even true, but just humoring you) from another game doesn't mean it isn't a deluxe skin. 

You aren't even making any sense. They were the original deluxe skins. 

If you don't like them, that's fine. But they are deluxe skins. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

It's an old asset they had. Is it the exact same model? No, it would look absolutely horrible if it were that model. Was it an easy cop-out? kinda. Is it a deluxe skin? yes and no. They were the original deluxe skins, which were just some different models but you still knew it was the frame. Deluxe skins now, are new models, have new effects and could honestly be standalone characters, given the vastly different themes they represent. 

I'm in the boat that feels that excal and nyx should have a proper deluxe skin, rather than an a re-purposed asset from a different game, but I know it'd be very low on the list if it were to happen

Proto Excalibro is such a special skin with long history, that the very base of this topic is insulting towards the history of Warframe.

From the very start it was not even a "Deluxe skin" as you know them, it was more in line with "limited time offer" that showed up only on Warframe Anniversary.  It was the first skin that actually changed the mesh of the Warframe, and a direct Nerdgasum considering the "hypothetical" (at the time) ties with Dark Sector.  So it is not an "asset flip", it was for all intends and purposes a rather special item that holds value only for players that gave a flying Zephyr for the lore at the time. 

2 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Proto Excalibro is such a special skin with long history, that the very base of this topic is insulting towards the history of Warframe.

From the very start it was not even a "Deluxe skin" as you know them, it was more in line with "limited time offer" that showed up only on Warframe Anniversary.  It was the first skin that actually changed the mesh of the Warframe, and a direct Nerdgasum considering the "hypothetical" (at the time) ties with Dark Sector.  So it is not an "asset flip", it was for all intends and purposes a rather special item that holds value only for players that gave a flying Zephyr for the lore at the time. 

If you are talking about lore. i know it, basically Excalibur was the first and the proto skin like the name is a "Prototype" warframe and nyx nemesis skin description.. well, its literally unknown. I like the idea. for 4 years i've admire the lore of warframe. and if you say that the released Dark sector is what they vision what warframe really look like??? Now go to youtube and search 2004 DarkSector Trailer. Now that... is what real dark sector they had in their vision. But that doesnt mean using these tweaked updated old model into the game is bad. as you said...

"From the very start it was not even a "Deluxe skin" as you know them, it was more in line with "limited time offer" that showed up only on Warframe Anniversary."

But calling them as "DELUXE SKIN" now is not right to me. With almost every deluxe skin that exist has nothing that connect to the lore(except valkyr deluxe skin but its debatable because DE retcon them self with valk prime). As they are just different model that look only a little alike then slap it into the warframe...

3 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

It's an old asset they had. Is it the exact same model? No, it would look absolutely horrible if it were that model. Was it an easy cop-out? kinda. Is it a deluxe skin? yes and no. They were the original deluxe skins, which were just some different models but you still knew it was the frame. Deluxe skins now, are new models, have new effects and could honestly be standalone characters, given the vastly different themes they represent. 

I'm in the boat that feels that excal and nyx should have a proper deluxe skin, rather than an a re-purposed asset from a different game, but I know it'd be very low on the list if it were to happen

Like this guy said.... i couldnt explain it better.

I'm more okay as calling them their own "Proto" skins then deluxe as they are literally the first custom skin for warframe(even tho nyx is called nemesis). And they both stand different between all the other deluxe skins because you can see even the 3rd deluxe skin is literally a complete redesign of the warframe. it was made by IgnusDei (RIP ignus, your work will always be remembered).

Alright, then you will probably then say "But proto & nemesis skin also change the overhaul look of those 2 warframe". But, is it really? with how the deluxe skin completely overhaul the look of warframe. because for me. Proto skin (idk about nemesis, because nyx model used to be the female excalibur variant) is a redesign of the old 2004 dark sector hayden tenno then when warframe's excalibur change the look of 2008 darksector hayden tenno to look more alike with the 2004 hayden tenno. Because we all know the reason they change the original look of hayden tenno from 2004 because the publisher want more "Military" game because that genre is the craze in 2008 with the popularity of franchise like CS, COD, Battlefield.

Spoiler

From this

hqdefault.jpg

To this

maxresdefault.jpg

then back to the root

review_warframe_1.jpg

18 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm not sure I understand what the op is saying. Is he implying that proto Excalibur was just ported from dark sector? That's ridiculous.

Other than slight proportion tweaks and additional "lumps" on the thighs to match the "holster" areas on other Warframes the Proto-Armour Excalibur skin is vertex-to-vertex identical to the Dark Sector model. Other than separating the colour channels the texture maps are as well.

...that said, I have no issues with the DS ports being considered Excalibur and Nyx's "Deluxe Skins" There are many more Warframes that could do with the option before Nyx and Excalibur get another turn.

Edited by SilentMobius