Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just a thought regarding energy regen.

Kiera_Okitoshi

I've been reading a metric s*** ton of comments that are anti regen that all use the hipster excuse of "It didn't exist before so stop hanging onto broken mechanics and learn how to play with out it like we did". Well, I'm one of you guys that played before energy regen as well, and no it isn't better. 

Having a mass amount of energy regen in a kit opened the game up to new meta's, or even what could be considered a free meta where frames of all types or dispositions could actually be used in the game. Wanna know what the old meta was? The same handful of frames spammed over and over because they were the only ones capable of surviving without a source of energy beyond energy orbs. Then you had groups where you DID NOT play without trinity. You either played 1 of these frames, or something that used rage and hoped for the best. People also 99% of the time ran 3-4 energy siphons because you'd never get by otherwise. 

If energy regen on the same level that it's at is removed then you can kiss having a fun game good bye. Frames that relied on Energy Overflow are gonna die out again and the frames that you call broken and easy mode with it are probably some of the ones that will continue doing what they're doing, energy regen or not. Energy overflow open up the doors for frames with massive energy problems, and it further simplified the game for those types of frames I mentioned when they'll do what they do energy overflow or not. It could be abit biased though as my favorite warframe in the game is chroma who I probably won't get to play if energy overflow is gone. 

Remember when every game was a frost, a mesa, a trinity or greedy pull mag, and a random like Vauban or something? I do. 

Edited by Kiera_Okitoshi

I agree op... Frames like saryn shine with energy regen. Frames like atlas, chroma, ember and Nekros are highly dependent on energy regen, i hate having to pop energy pizzas every few minutes when leech eximus enters the room. I like using powers, more than weapons... More fun. Will start seeing alot more mirages again i suppose.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

1 minute ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I agree op... Frames like saryn shine with energy regen. Frames like atlas, chroma, and Nekros are highly dependent on energy regen, i hate having to pop energy pizzas every few minutes when leech eximus enters the room.

I'd very much like to see Leech units just gone period. Having magnetic procs is one thing, but draining energy on hit and in a stacking massive AOE aura is not fun in anyway. 

1 minute ago, PoisonHD said:

I think i've made this comment about 20 times already haha, but DE has said that they are looking to add the loved focus passives to the new arcanes, which will be obtainable on the plains, and not through trials.

Id rather be able to use other passives for arcanes and have a flat energy regen for all frames.

I agree. Viable Non energy overflow energy regen options are limited to either tanks, veterans who have stockpiled hundreds of thousands of polymer bundles and dont need to think about spam building energy pizzas, the ultra rich that can afford energize, or locking a teammate or two into trinity/harrow.

I must point out though that chroma isn't the best example to use as he can adequately sustain himself with rage-lifestrike. Used to run him like that all the time. Now Saryn is a frame im still trying to figure out how to sustain even with double energize-overflow-rage.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

4 minutes ago, ADirtyMonk said:

I agree. Viable Non energy overflow energy regen options are limited to either tanks, veterans who have stockpiled hundreds of thousands of polymer bundles and dont need to think about spam building energy pizzas, the ultra rich that can afford energize, or locking a teammate or two into trinity/harrow.

I must point out though that chroma isn't the best example to use as he can adequately sustain himself with rage-lifestrike. Used to run him like that all the time. Now Saryn is a frame im still trying to figure out how to sustain even with double energize-overflow-rage.

I would actually argue against the chroma thing. If you're building him properly then you don't take enough damage to actually regen enough energy for your casts. 

2 minutes ago, Kiera_Okitoshi said:

I would actually argue against the chroma thing. If you're building him properly then you don't take enough damage to actually regen enough energy for your casts. 

Hmm. That entirely depends what level enemy and element you run him against. A fully built toxic chroma into lv 90 enemies will have no issues getting hit enough to make back all energy expenditure. I agree that there would definitely be issues if a fully built ice chroma was taken into say lv 50 content.

34 minutes ago, Kiera_Okitoshi said:

I'd very much like to see Leech units just gone period. Having magnetic procs is one thing, but draining energy on hit and in a stacking massive AOE aura is not fun in anyway. 

I think Energy Leech/Parasitic Eximus could exist if their energy drain AoE worked with line of sight. One other popular suggestion I see regarding energy drain is having a clear indicator, like a line or tether between the Eximus and player so the player can pinpoint & kill it first. I also think they should have the courtesy to give you back the energy they drained when you kill them. Disruptor units providing defense against Warframes' direct damage abilities is OK, but granting every enemy in the vicinity energy drain attack does seem a bit overkill. 

Magnetic is a damage type that just needs to be overhauled, period. When gas, slash and toxin procs can completely ignore shields, magnetic's supposed niche as anti-shield damage type doesn't really exist, and it's disproportionately powerful against Tenno while being pretty useless against anything that isn't Tenno. Give it some minor bonus against Grineer armor and change its effect from 80% shield reduction to the magnetic hazard we see in Hive/Sorties; an AoE mini-Vortex that pulls & clumps enemies together for a short time. 

I agree with a default passive energy regen (1.2 energy per sec? just 2 energy per sec?). When DE says they're looking into Arcanes to dump Zenurik or old Focus attributes, I picture Acolyte mod-esque modifiers like "+100% energy regen for X seconds upon headshot" or something along those lines. 

Edited by traybong111

3 minutes ago, ADirtyMonk said:

Hmm. That entirely depends what level enemy and element you run him against. A fully built toxic chroma into lv 90 enemies will have no issues getting hit enough to make back all energy expenditure. I agree that there would definitely be issues if a fully built ice chroma was taken into say lv 50 content.

I find that with my build unless it's level 200+ enemies then I don't take enough damage for it. 

What will zenurik energy regen be replaced with, and will there be new options for passive energy gain during missions?

DigitalExtremes:
We answered something like this earlier, but based on the recurring interest we are definitely looking to include aspects of the loved Focus passives possible in the overhauled Arcanes.

With all big changes we try to look at the systems it affects. We will be reviewing the use of this Focus ability and see if we still require it and if we do.. where can that ability live if it no longer fits within the new Focus system. Arcanes come to mind as a great place for something like this to go. One thing we failed to mention is new Arcanes will not be locked behind the Trials game play. So they will be someone easier to collect. (TBD on location) - Scott, Design Director.

Edited by JeyciKon

After i heard about the rework...I've begun to NOT use my focus at all to slowly try and get used to it (ive used shadow step and EO..and started to dabble in a slash based chromatic blade excal (works beautifully lol) and since ive used EO the most....it SUCKS now having energy regen, i shouldnt have to stop my flow of combat to drop a pizza (because it DOES take too long to make 10 at a time) and i dont do arcanes because i hate doing anything raid/trial easque...and because the most sought after ones are stupidly high costs for a full set (yes yes i know JV is buggy as hell and STILL hasnt been fixed from every patch up i see the same issues coming up).....maybe, just maybe the operator arcanes will be helpful for ALL game aspects in some way.

EO is probably THE MOST USED focus right now BECAUSE it opens up better build variety...yes for some frames it gives power spam...but this is a HORDE PVE focused game...its a given to use our powers to get rid of trash mobs quickly so as to not be overwhelmed.

I will see what the devs have planned for the operator arcanes and see if it will work then.

56 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

and i dont do arcanes because i hate doing anything raid/trial easque...and because the most sought after ones are stupidly high costs for a full set (yes yes i know JV is buggy as hell and STILL hasnt been fixed from every patch up i see the same issues coming up)....

as the post above yours, it is likelly that EO will become an arcane, but not like the old arcanes, " new Arcanes will not be locked behind the Trials game play. So they will be someone easier to collect. "