Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double accounts

Tubsie

So I just finished taxi'ing people to an orokin reactor alert. Got a lot of messages. And I also said to only message me if you need a taxi. There were MR 6-8 there. I usually check people's profiles to see their MR, because I honestly think it's a "waste of space" if an MR 14+ asks for a taxi, just because they have been too lazy to unlock the nodes themselves. Anyway, one of them tells me that this is not his main account and that his main account is MR 23. So I cancel the mission and take the two people with me who actually needed the taxi and invite someone new. Funny thing, the same guy sent me a private message on the second announcement too (short term memory loss?). So you can see why double account is a problem, you take someone else's spot who actually truly needs a taxi for example.

What is the point of a double account in a game like this? It would take me AGES with a second account to get to the same point in the game where I am right now. Also, if the second account is a question of platinum trading between the same user's accounts (like event mods etc.), doesn't DE notice this? I mean same IP-address login, 2 different accounts. That is against their rules no?

I've heard quite a lot of people making new secondary accounts to re experience wf. Then again, that's not a reason to ask for taxies n stuff if you wanna relive the experience.

Not entirely harmful, but yeah i get your point

Edit : DE's term is to not have 2 accounts that interact with each others, like for example, making 2 accounts to increase the chance of you getting a 75% plat discount, buy it, then trade it to your main account.

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem

Know a few people with multiple accounts, one in fact has been around since closed beta.

The issue about trading between accounts though, it has to be malicious or in a way where DE could lose money.
In cases where these people have multiple accounts, they're still spending money on the game and aren't using the other account for malicious purposes or for reasons of mass plat gain (like most bots do to then sell it through illegal channels). In any case, the player would have to be reported for DE to investigate, even then it would not mean an immediate ban as investigation could be a lengthy process.

1 minute ago, Tsaiorchis said:

There's no real rule against multiple accounts besides that they can't interact with each other, so yeah, no trading plat or other stuff (I forget exactly where DE stated their policy with this). It's not really up to you though? If people want multiple accounts?

I believe they ban players who create multiple accounts for the plat discounts. There was some controversy about this a while back concerning a certain Youtuber who I won't name.

Edited by Tricky5hift

Yeah i totaly get the idea.
here is where it gets tricky
1- multiple account that does not interac with each other at all ( youtubers showing new player experience or even vets that restart for fun)
2- 2 people actualy playing at the same place ( i know 2 brothers and they are a super good tag team)

Someone specialy stating he has an alt account asking for a taxi thats weird dont you think ?
If i had a alt acc for exemple i would probably ask one of MY ALREADY SUPER STRONG FRIENDS FOR A TAXI!
Usualy when i get that its actualy a tenno trying to make a story to not look too "newbie" but guess what we all started somewhere ^.^

3 minutes ago, simonseang said:

one word..

syndicates.

Not sure how that matters when you can level all the syndicates on one character till you get all they have to offer. Swapping isn't incredibly difficult. Takes a few days but that's hardly reason to make an alt account for most people that have them.

I have two different accounts. After I wasted my plat on revives on my other account because I didn't know how they worked, I started this one as sort of an experiment to get new equipment and try it out and see whether or not I wanted it on my "main", but over the years it kind of became my primary account. Eventually, I think it was around The War Within's launch (also about when I hit 3000 hours of play time), I realized that it was way to much of a time sink to keep both accounts updated and actually do stuff that I wanted to do, so I heartlessly abandoned my first one. My hope is that one day account merger will be a thing so that I can actually get the work I've put into my other account, but I highly doubt that will actually happen. As far as I know I've never done anything exploitative with them.

2 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Not sure how that matters when you can level all the syndicates on one character till you get all they have to offer. Swapping isn't incredibly difficult. Takes a few days but that's hardly reason to make an alt account for most people that have them.

And you'll then need to swap each time a new augment is added, since they generally fall down into 2 categories: those that are both on the left and on the right, and those that are only in suda/hexis or perrin/loka

1 minute ago, Bouldershoulder said:

And you'll then need to swap each time a new augment is added, since they generally fall down into 2 categories: those that are both on the left and on the right, and those that are only in suda/hexis or perrin/loka

Which as I said isn't hard. Alts would not solve the augment thing since trading between the accounts isn't allowed. Far faster trading with people or swapping the syndicate than it is fully leveling two accounts.

I still don't see any harm if people want to have multiple accounts in order to not be restricted to only one side. They still put effort, time and, probably, money into the game. Their progress pace is their own business. Rules are ambiguous and are a precaution against malice. If no one gets hurt, there's no need to judge.

I run two alt accounts.  

The first was made because I was curious about the new player experience.  It has since evolved into my hide away account when I just want to play the game and not get swamped with drama, clan business or players begging for free stuff.

The second is solely for helping brand new players.  I have no intention of taking it beyond MR 0 and only break it out to help someone with quests, missions or junction requirements, so that I don't totally carry them through everything.

Do I ask for taxi's in my alts? Sometimes. But I pull my own weight during missions and pay it forward by offering taxi's in turn.  Not the perfect solution but there are thousands of players at any given time, someone will find a taxi.

I have more accounts but I usualy make many accounts in game like warframe or mmos. The reason is the new experience and I like the roleplaying. I have some carry accs and some lazy new player accs but usualy what I do is helping peoples. Another reason is the hide away with your main acc for a while and you can play your game without trouble and harms.

I see reasons why good why bad why can break a rule or why can be useful sometimes.

The break rule is only because there are peoples whom using it to milk plat or using alt accs for hacking. The useful reason is a new point of view and learn some more from the game. The other good reason is what above I said for role play or just hide away but the disadvantages is the lot of time and money you can spend on your accs like I am doing it. On EVE online I have 3 acc for reason but rarery play the game only if I feel some space conquer needs.

On other mmos I just did, because the game limited me to make in one acc more than one character so I made a lot of original characters for roleplay and for fun. I never broke any rules with them because any normal company know there will be peoples whom using more than one and some company can use good defense mechanism to defend their product.

More or less it is a player dilema when you have many accs but you have no time to play them equally so there is a line what amount you can manage. This is not wrong because you pay with your time and money and passion to play multiple accs. In warframe I am using only 5 alt so I limited myself to that number because I have no much time to do. Usualy play few rounds and go play other game or work at home.

Also for the trading feature. If you have two or have a sister or brother you can trade on between accounts but normally peoples have 1 pc and not bothering with trading between accounts. Secondly there is a gift feature what DE added to the game which can mean you can give items to your alt accs if you wish because basically it is your money what you paid for the game (or traded). Third thing is the only one harm what can come from is the alt creation and bot accounts which used to make platinum or use as advertising units like how nowaday I saw 4-5 bot account on the trade chat. 

Simply solution is a limitation on trade so zero ranked accs cannot participate in trading another solution to platinum hacks a built in survey program on your forum acc which show how much platinum you have and in time what you spent-bought. If drastically increasing the amount of plat on your acc with a number what digital extremes not sell then that could be warn them there is something on that account. I see the drawbacks on this aswell because nothing is force you to not trade for say 10k or 100k plat if you have that credit amount. This also can be bypassed by lowering the platinum exchange. All in all I understand why they try to forbid it but the thing itself is not a bad thing only if the said player using hack programs which is hardly filtered. At least I reported few sites to the DE but got no response on that so the best if you keep limited your alt accs and be careful with others. Don't buy plat from untrusted sites and be careful when you trade with peoples.