Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Quick Revive is Detrimental to Gameplay at the moment (PS4)

(PSN)IrresistiBill

Evening All, 

So when a player goes down, it says hold (..) to revive. However, as soon as you press it, you revive...

even if I just want to reload my gun as I’m waiting for a teammate or trying to slither to a safe spot, I receive without actually “holding” the button. 

This feels like a bug but I don’t know. The instructions are “hold” not “press”. Maybe “hold” should be like a 3 second hold...

DE please look into this. Just very frustrating as players are burning through unnecessary revives when they could easily be picked up by a teammate. It definitely creates a problem at higher levels and the raids if someone goes down and a tactical decision has to be made. 

6 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

This being the second thread I've seen where console players are complaining about this, so I can say that this probably needs to change. 

As in players accidentally quick reviving when they didn't want to or that it's effecting community's behavior about helping?

3 hours ago, DogManDan said:

just look in general forums before making a second topic of the same issue:

That's not the OP's point at all. If you read it, they're talking about how the screen says to "Hold" the button to revive, yet pushing it once instantly brings you back. This makes accidental presses punishing in more demanding missions.

Edited by LazerSkink

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

That's not the OP's main point. If you read it, they're talking about how the screen says to "Hold" the button to revive, yet pushing it once instantly brings you back. This makes accidental presses punishing in more demanding missions.

it is indeed all part of the same issue when you look at it.

3 hours ago, DogManDan said:

it is indeed all part of the same issue when you look at it.

Except this is more of a bug report than anything else. The other thread is discussing if the mechanic is ruining teamplay, this one is saying that insta revive is not working the way it says.

16 hours ago, X3Evanescence said:

instead of hold X button like how it works on PC.

It's bugged this way on PC too though, at least from what I've experienced.

8 hours ago, DogManDan said:

all related to the same topic.... the insta-revive system.

So according to that line of logic, if a thread regarding one particular subject is made, it automatically belongs in any other thread talking about the same thing no matter what it's actually about. Again, the other thread is discussing opinions on why the insta revive is ruining the multiplayer experience. This one is describing a bug, which is objective. Even though both these threads are discussing generally the same topic, yet contain very different content, they're somehow supposed to be one. This is equal to saying that a thread talking about Exalted Blade being bugged because it no longer casts waves should be merged with another thread stating Exalted Blade is overpowered and needs a rework. Because they're talking about the "same topic", they should apparently be within the same thread.

Honestly, it just seems to me you're trying to justify not reading or even remotely addressing the OP's initial post.

Edited by LazerSkink