Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Today's Sortie 3 Vay Hek with element damage resistance just made a returning player AFK again

Doomsknightmare

So here's the story : My friend is a MR14 player who's been AFK for half a year and just returned to the game, but today's sortie just turn him AFK again.

I was using Rhino, him as Loki, plus a slow Nova and a Inaros in a public squad. We went straight to the final stage and thanks to Vay Hek's invincibility plus element damage resistance, the progress is extremely slow and Nova & Inaros just said "Fxxk it" and abort the mission, leaving my friend and I. We know how to fight it, Rhino Stomp when his mask is open and keep my Iron Skin & Roar on, while my friend keep invisible and disarm the mobs. We finally beat it after a while, almost running of out ammo. I'm fine with it, but my friend got hit by Vay Hek's Disruptor Shock multiple times and lost his all sheild & energy which meant instant death for Loki. I dont know how long it took for us to beat it, but the whole process is boring as well as annoying : every time I used Stomp to make Vay Hek stop, we can only dealt a limited amount of damage due to DE's genius design and then he closed his mask and became invincible again, go on & repeat the same thing over and over again. My friend said this BS reminds him why he went AFK : He wouldn't be bothered by how grindy this game is, but he hates stupid mechanics making the grinding in game DISGUSTING. 

Edited by Doomsknight

I think it's all RNG, it's a tough combo to come up in sortie and while I'm not a huge fan of bosses that are invincible for half the time i get how it keeps fights going when high MR people jump in a public squad and brutalize everything. That said maybe your friend shouldn't be doing Sortie 3 to get back into the game considering it's meant to be a high level challenge. Some days sortie can be a lot simpler other times it's a huge grind it's luck

6 minutes ago, Doomsknight said:

AFK means stopping playing the game in some area.

AFK means "away from keyboard", meaning you are just in the game but idle and not exactly playing at that moment. it does not mean taking a long break from playing or even getting on the game

Couple things to note about the fight. 1. You can use weapons like Pox to totally strip his armor and 2. Stealth units like Loki and Ivara should stay away from him and use accuracy weapons to do damage. That's the exact reason why your friend bit it. It's not a fun mechanic, but the drain and masked period are rather well known. The tanks should have been closer and your Loki friend shouldn't have been in his face.

I did the same fight with three leaches as Ivara. Still got it done no problem and fairly quickly.

1 minute ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

AFK means "away from keyboard", meaning you are just in the game but idle and not exactly playing at that moment. it does not mean taking a long break from playing or even getting on the game

I know I know, just different meaning in different cultures. Sry,I should have avoid using confusing word, my bad :(

Why is this only QQ regarding this baby-phase and not the chicken phase?

The first is annoying, boss is immune to damage except for face and the bright part above his body. Shoots energy drain lighting that fuels the ability of frame... Like energy supply isn't enough.

The second is just a bullet sponge, frost' with #2 augment slow and slow'ed again by the SG that the boss is just prema-slow'd. 

End result is what enrage most if not all players. For the freaking trouble.

Fights a annoying boss with elemental resistance and immune phase. Gives Sculpture (2k endo) as reward... This is the 2nd 2k reward in a row...

Maybe this game isn't for your friend then? I found the fight rather enjoyable - after all sorties are supposed to be hard. If you take away their difficulty I'm pretty sure much more players will leave the game, because there's not much challenging content otherwise (not everyone's into 3+ hour survivals). I'm really ok with situations where you lose a few times, try different frames, try different approaches and eventually make it. This gives a much better sense of accomplishment than speedrun-in-1-minute missions that the majority of the game is made of anyway.

20 hours ago, xart-type086 said:

after all sorties are supposed to be hard. If you take away their difficulty I'm pretty sure much more players will leave the game, because there's not much challenging content otherwise

Honestly, this isn't a challenge. Pox with corrosive on it can totally remove his armor even when he's invulnerable. Face shot him 3 times or just skip to the end. Ether way, cheese fest with hitscan and high burst fire damage. Continue on to the chicken mode and again remove the armor. He now takes SIGNIFICANTLY more damage per shot.... like, to the point of being a joke. All of this is also super cheese mode if you're using Loki invisibility or you're using Ivara prowl. Just stay away from him and he can't even energy drain you. Even toss out a few specters to act as decoys and tell them to stay put.

honestly the boss fight in general is annoying.
like I dont mind invulnearable phases and gates (I like to think of it has having multiple healthbars/stages)
but hek...is jsut everything wrong with everything.

he has 2 small points that can only be hit during a very tiny time window and random intervals. that is THREE things that are managable alone but just down right annoyingly BS combined. (and lets not forget his stupid forced mag procs he does)
This would be as if Sargus ruk moved like a manic or if TylRegor REQUIRED you to shoot him in the face while hes doing cartwheels.

15 hours ago, Ordosan said:

but hek...is jsut everything wrong with everything.

he has 2 small points that can only be hit during a very tiny time window and random intervals. that is THREE things that are managable alone but just down right annoyingly BS combined. (and lets not forget his stupid forced mag procs he does)
This would be as if Sargus ruk moved like a manic or if TylRegor REQUIRED you to shoot him in the face while hes doing cartwheels.

I still personally think Sargas is worse once scaled up to Sortie levels.

Sargas can't be procced (4CP or gtfo). Sargas forces you to face him and endure attacks before he'll "overheat" enough to actually display his weak points, while you can just hide from Vay Hek and he'll show his face on a timer.

Hek is annoyingly hard to reliably get damage on, and can get you into unwinnable situations if you don't go prepared (you failed to mention the worst part - the damned healing), but Sargas is just an invariable frustration. He doesn't need to move like a Manic, he'll just sit there invulnerable until you come out and let him take shots at you. Which is reasonable at normal levels, but at Sortie level, with modifiers... Ugh.