Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate single arrow fire mod for Cernos Prime QOL improvement needed!!!!

Willardrufaro

I feel like giving the cernos prime a single fire mode would be huge and fair improvement to it . Its a decent weapon , with decent stats but the sharing of dmg between each projectile , renders it useless against enemies > level 30 at which point it just tickles them ,(and unfortunately not to death). Its a great mechanic but because you can;ttake it into more rewarding content its stuck as MR fodder . Its a Prime weapon outdone by most of the non-prime weapons at a similar and even lower , MR lock . Good day Masseur .

14 minutes ago, Willardrufaro said:

I feel like giving the cernos prime a single fire mode would be huge and fair improvement to it . Its a decent weapon , with decent stats but the sharing of dmg between each projectile , renders it useless against enemies > level 30 at which point it just tickles them ,(and unfortunately not to death). Its a great mechanic but because you can;ttake it into more rewarding content its stuck as MR fodder . Its a Prime weapon outdone by most of the non-prime weapons at a similar and even lower , MR lock . Good day Masseur .

How about a mod that makes the multishot spread less?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

How about a mod that makes the multishot spread less?

that would use up a mod slot which would be a downgrade.It would also mean you would  lose the versatility of switching between modes would be lost .It is a Prime weapon after all ,it deserves to be good .

Edited by Willardrufaro
typo

I personally think spread or negative Spread should be a stat on the Cernos Riven Roll.

A few weapons could befit from some speciality stats on their riven, Zenistar could use a disk duration, I've thought of others but I can't recall them atm...

Edited by Carnage2K4

8 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I personally think spread or negative Spread should be a stat on the Cernos Riven Roll.

A few weapons could befit from some speciality stats on their riven, Zenistar could use a disk duration, I've thought of others but I can't recall them atm...

But i feel that the Cernos Prime being a "Prime"  weapon shouldn't have to rely on a riven mod to be decent .How about pressing one button and removing all the spread (one arrow see:nerd:) , problem solved . Having to rely on a riven that you or may not get , or may have to pay 1000p for isnt a great feeling ,With basic mods a prime weapon should just be fantastic .Being forced to use up a mod slot is a terrible feeling as it severely limits the variety of builds we can have . 

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Why? You have Paris Prime for that. Cernos has innate Artemis-multishot but has higher base damage as compensation. I'm fine with it.

The base damage is spread out between each arrow , At the range a range of about 15m to 20 m only about 3 arrows hit the target , the sum of which(dmg) is less than .any other bow . Having to switch to another weapon makes the Cernos  Prime irrelevant because it cant keep up with other weapons .The base dmg is too low for the innate multishot to be relevant in mid to high level missions.Aren't you tired of stockpiling weapons you never use , because they aren't "good " enough .It isn't game breaking for everything to be good , it just means more variety .

Omg, dat self answer...

Also the point of Cernos P is to be another weapon (low range bow, shotbow), not just a powercreep of your Rakta Cernos. If you want a single arrow bow, just play the Rakta one ?...

"Plz, make my Penta throw disks cause I don't want to play Miter" ... :D

Edited by Xgomme

9 minutes ago, Willardrufaro said:

The base damage is spread out between each arrow , At the range a range of about 15m to 20 m only about 3 arrows hit the target , the sum of which(dmg) is less than .any other bow . Having to switch to another weapon makes the Cernos  Prime irrelevant because it cant keep up with other weapons .The base dmg is too low for the innate multishot to be relevant in mid to high level missions.Aren't you tired of stockpiling weapons you never use , because they aren't "good " enough .It isn't game breaking for everything to be good , it just means more variety .

I have all the weapons ingame, they can all crush lvl 100 mobs if you mod them like you should. Rethink your build or how you play the weapon. Cause yeah a Bow with inate multishot will not be your best ranged Bow, it makes sense

15 minutes ago, Willardrufaro said:

I said, you have Paris Prime for this purpose. Or Rakta Cernos. Single shot Cernos Prime would be another powercreep to the whole bow category, like what Galatine Prime did to the whole melee category. That's something I don't want. Cernos Prime is the only bow that deal high burst damage in close range, that makes it unique and irreplaceable.

Edited by Marvelous_A

17 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

I have all the weapons ingame, they can all crush lvl 100 mobs if you mod them like you should. Rethink your build or how you play the weapon. Cause yeah a Bow with inate multishot will not be your best ranged Bow, it makes sense

i hope you're not referring to the infested enemies . And no , the Cernos Prime wont crush level 100s , "if modded right ", And  why try to use a bow like a shotgun when we have actual shotguns that are leagues better at doing their job ..

Edited by Willardrufaro

5 minutes ago, Willardrufaro said:

i hope you're not referring to the infested enemies . And no , the Cernos Prime wont crush level 100s , "if modded right "

No, and yes. :clem:
Rethink how you play the game, you're doing things wrong if you have a hard time past lvl30 mobs...

15 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

I said, you have Paris Prime for this purpose. Or Rakta Cernos. Single shot Cernos Prime would be another powercreep to the whole bow category, like what Galatine Prime did to the whole melee category. That's something I don't want. Cernos Prime is the only bow that deal high burst damage in close range, that makes it unique and irreplaceable.

Why close range with the Cernos Prime is pointless is because it has a very long reload time in comparison to most of the other bows .And there are plenty of instances where being close for too long will get you killed . Of course you could plug in fire rate mods but then this would sacrifice damage , and at this point the dmg would be less that most other bows . Do you see my point here . The problems just cycles and repeats itself .

Edited by Willardrufaro

2 minutes ago, Willardrufaro said:

Why close range with the Cernos Prime is pointless is because it has a very long reload time in comparison to most of the other bows .And there are plenty of instances where being close for too long will get you killed . Of course you could plug in fire rate mods but then this would sacrifice damage , and at this point the dmg would be less that most other bows . Do you see my point here . The problems just cycles and repeats itself .

Your point is still not right. Why would you play a shotbow (close range bow) with a squishy frame, even more when it came with Valkyr P ? 
The goal of the Cernos P is to land all the arrows in the same guy, with a well modded one you'll do a lot of dmg.
The thing have 35% crit chance and you'll mostly use your full charge shot only to gain the free punchthrough (in corridors for example or when a big pack is behind your target) 

11 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

No, and yes. :clem:
Rethink how you play the game, you're doing things wrong if you have a hard time past lvl30 mobs...

Clearly you have not read the post . the post is about a weapon(the cernos prime ) . It (the cernos prime ) struggles against enemies higher than level 30 .It ,....referring to the Cernos Prime . Do you understand what is what now? I normally run with a max range equinox , so no i dont i have , or ever with actually have difficulty with level 30 enemies , or virtually any level of enemy you are bound to run into for that matter . This post is about helping out a forgotten weapon i.e the Cernos Prime .If you think i'm struggling , go ingame check my profile and compare it yours .

Edited by Willardrufaro

7 minutes ago, Willardrufaro said:

Clearly you have not read the post . the post is about a weapon(the cernos prime ) . It (the cernos prime ) struggles against enemies higher than level 30 .It ,....referring to the Cernos Prime . Do you understand what is what now? I normally run with a max range equinox , so no i dont i have , or ever with actually have difficulty with level 30 enemies , or virtually any level of enemy you are bound to run into for that matter . This post is about helping out a forgotten weapon i.e the Cernos Prime .If you think i'm struggling , go ingame check my profile and compare it yours .

Not sure if you really want to compare our profiles :clem:
But yeah I was talking about the Cernos P too, I don't even use it but I can say two things :
A : It's not bad, just look at what people can do with it
B : In your OP you talk about shooting to far away targets, wich is not what the weapon is made for

But hey, let me potatoe mine and I'll make a working build today, cya soon

9 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

Your point is still not right. Why would you play a shotbow (close range bow) with a squishy frame, even more when it came with Valkyr P ? 
The goal of the Cernos P is to land all the arrows in the same guy, with a well modded one you'll do a lot of dmg.
The thing have 35% crit chance and you'll mostly use your full charge shot only to gain the free punchthrough (in corridors for example or when a big pack is behind your target) 

At the level at which the bow needs all of its damage , enemies would be able to take take down even Valkyr P in all her glory ,Have you met the corpus tech,i guarantee you, if dont kill them first , they will murder you in an instant , and that long reload doesn't help at all . Remember , in her 4th you cant use weapons . At this point , you're thinking what about , chroma , wukong etc... At which point you'd be making my point .it then becomes a weapon that can only be used a handful of frames , some of which you may never have any interest in using .Which then again makes the weapon irrelevant .

Just now, Willardrufaro said:

At the level at which the bow needs all of its damage , enemies would be able to take take down even Valkyr P in all her glory ,Have you met the corpus tech,i guarantee you, if dont kill them first , they will murder you in an instant , and that long reload doesn't help at all . Remember , in her 4th you cant use weapons . At this point , you're thinking what about , chroma , wukong etc... At which point you'd be making my point .it then becomes a weapon that can only be used a handful of frames , some of which you may never have any interest in using .Which then again makes the weapon irrelevant .

Valkyr have not just the highest base armor ingame. But a lot of control too. Problem with a tech, press 1 or 3
Even Ivara could use Cernos P with her sleep arrows, and if you switch form with Eq, same

4 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

Not sure if you really want to compare our profiles :clem:
But yeah I was talking about the Cernos P too, I don't even use it but I can say two things :
A : It's not bad, just look at what people can do with it
B : In your OP you talk about shooting to far away targets, wich is not what the weapon is made for

But hey, let me potatoe mine and I'll make a working build today, cya soon

Trust me i don't mind . Honestly go ahead and compare profiles . And to think you'd trying to defend something that you are not even invested in .My cernos prime  has a catalyst and 6 forma  and no i'm not trying to show off .You have barely used the weapon in any of the context i have mentioned and are just spewing out random thoughts , You're  too idealistic . And who said it was meant for close combat ? , do i honesty have to keep on reminding you about its reload time ,and how virtually every shotgun outperforms it in close quarters combat .

8 minutes ago, Willardrufaro said:

Trust me i don't mind . Honestly go ahead and compare profiles . And to think you'd trying to defend something that you are not even invested in .My cernos prime  has a catalyst and 6 forma  and no i'm not trying to show off .You have barely used the weapon in any of the context i have mentioned and are just spewing out random thoughts , You're  too idealistic . And who said it was meant for close combat ? , do i honesty have to keep on reminding you about its reload time ,and how virtually every shotgun outperforms it in close quarters combat .

First you have more status chances on the non-charged shot, and more PT on the charged one, the loading time is not something problematic
And again Warframe is a game where you have a full loadout, just tried this Bow with Mag and destroyed lvl100 bombard with a no forma build, for example

14 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

Valkyr have not just the highest base armor ingame. But a lot of control too. Problem with a tech, press 1 or 3
Even Ivara could use Cernos P with her sleep arrows, and if you switch form with Eq, same

You say those things as if we have infinite energy . If the Rakta Cernos , doesn't need a myriad of abilities to take out a non-fodder enemies , then why does the Cernos Prime do? Its like saying , oh if my fury buff on my Chroma reaches 1000% then my machete can do some damage. A prime should be able to hold its own without the use of abilities , synergies are nice but a weapon shouldn't need them to be decent , especially a prime weapon .