Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Update

(PSN)patKaetzchen

5 minutes ago, Urlan said:

We don't, however, know to what extent. The Focus we have might not be restored 1:1 similar to the relics from void keys.

It will probably be 1:1 since they didn't talk about a change in the method to farm Focus (Focus lens).
They just said Focus lens will be moved from Sortie to a trader in Cetus.

1 minute ago, lukinu_u said:

It will probably be 1:1 since they didn't talk about a change in the method to farm Focus (Focus lens).

They also didn't talk much about what the focus replacement would be, outside being attached to the War Within unlocked Tenno Mode. While I would love for nothing of the player's focus investment be lost, I don't think its really time to bank on that. For instance, I have Vazarin Focus maxed with a good bunch extra; I would like this to be similarly effective in maxing the Focus replacement of Vazarin and we don't know if it will even if the points are the same number. With more information, hopefully this week with the devstream, we can judge the Focus replacement as it is.

20 minutes ago, Urlan said:

We don't, however, know to what extent. The Focus we have might not be restored 1:1 similar to the relics from void keys.

They said it's a 1:1 refund. As for technical things, like the new passives and systems, is a wait and see thing. Lotus knows the week the changes were announced how the forums turned. Let this peace last a little longer. 

25 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

They said it's a 1:1 refund. As for technical things, like the new passives and systems, is a wait and see thing. Lotus knows the week the changes were announced how the forums turned. Let this peace last a little longer. 

Would you mind providing a link to DE saying its a 1:1? I must have missed that on the AMA and Devstream. Perhaps its on a twitter post then? As for the backlash that has occurred to due to the "Sledgehammer" statement, a lot of that could have been nipped in the bud with a sample of what in fact the Focus system is being replaced with.

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Would you mind providing a link to DE saying its a 1:1?

Here.

FocusRework_1080p_V4.jpg

Notice that ALL focus is refunded. Not half the focus. Not 75% of the focus. ALL accumulated focus.

Also:

45 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

The Distant Observer has this to say:

"We have been looking into adding Kuva to the Sortie Drop Table, but final drop chance and drop amount are still being tweaked. This would also mean we are moving Lenses to a new home - possibly on Cetus! "

This is hardly worded like a certainty. "Looking into", "possibly", "this would also mean".

DE has still time to completely change their minds, if they don't like how this affects the Plains.

Just now, Dhrekr said:

Here.

FocusRework_1080p_V4.jpg

Notice that ALL focus is refunded. Not half the focus. Not 75% of the focus. ALL accumulated focus.

Also:

The Distant Observer has this to say:

"We have been looking into adding Kuva to the Sortie Drop Table, but final drop chance and drop amount are still being tweaked. This would also mean we are moving Lenses to a new home - possibly on Cetus! "

This is hardly worded like a certainty. "Looking into", "possibly", "this would also mean".

DE has still time to completely change their minds, if they don't like how this affects the Plains.

You will note the lack of refunded 1:1. Just that "all" will be refunded. Such was also said of void keys and relics, and while void keys were converted, they were not in all cases a 1:1. Some players who logged in immediately after the void key to relic conversion in fact only got at max 40 of the 'equivalent' relics when they could have had one thousand void keys in that tier to be converted. As also said earlier, just being refunded and reset, doesn't mean the points have the same value as the replacements could cost more or less than what they replaced. Again, we don't really know what DE intends to do here until they discuss this, likely in an upcoming Devstream.

15 minutes ago, Urlan said:

You will note the lack of refunded 1:1. Just that "all" will be refunded.

You entirely convinced me.

On an unrelated note, please lend me $1000. I promise that I'll refund all of that money, which - you surely agree - is $250.

12 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

You entirely convinced me.

On an unrelated note, please lend me $1000. I promise that I'll refund all of that money, which - you surely agree - is $250.

I don't think you quite understand what is being said. A one to one refund is when I put in say your $1000 dollar example and since you no longer want to do that, I give you back $1000 at the same rate of value. If for example, I modify the value of what you gave me as I refund you, I have still full-filled my end of a complete refund but the money you are getting back is not $1000 bucks but rather what I now consider the worth of your return; perhaps minus my handling fees or for my time. This is something that comes up a bit when handling money as in your example - but also is pertinent in respect to total refunds offered in the past. On a related tangent, one can also look at conversion of values as you missed earlier. One can do refunds - which are usually understood to be same value deals (1:1) and the cashier or whatever you want gives the customer back tokens that for now can be exchanged for something roughly around the same value for the store. Now the cashier is not giving anything of value - the actual value - but something the store has agreed has particular trade-in for a good at their store. Do you have your $1000 bucks back, do you take something around or over the token value, or do you take a loss since the tokens are not worth anything anywhere else and you have already made the return under the play-yard standard of "no take-backs" once done?

Yes, we will have our points 'refunded' but that doesn't mean they will have the same worth or we will get back the same value.

48 minutes ago, Urlan said:

You will note the lack of refunded 1:1. Just that "all" will be refunded. Such was also said of void keys and relics, and while void keys were converted, they were not in all cases a 1:1. Some players who logged in immediately after the void key to relic conversion in fact only got at max 40 of the 'equivalent' relics when they could have had one thousand void keys in that tier to be converted. As also said earlier, just being refunded and reset, doesn't mean the points have the same value as the replacements could cost more or less than what they replaced. Again, we don't really know what DE intends to do here until they discuss this, likely in an upcoming Devstream.

Actually that was a bug, they ran a script later on that gave you the right amount of relics for the keys you had. As far as I know it was 1:1.

The Focus tree will probably be expanded from what it is now, with more branches. So if you have Vazarin maxed now, and have extra, I would assume you'd still be able to max the tree with that extra. 

Just now, PoisonHD said:

Actually that was a bug, they ran a script later on that gave you the right amount of relics for the keys you had. As far as I know it was 1:1.

The Focus tree will probably be expanded from what it is now, with more branches. So if you have Vazarin maxed now, and have extra, I would assume you'd still be able to max the tree with that extra. 

The script was to give the 40 relics of each possible type. I still have allies that logged in early before the first hotfix that just had the void keys destroyed. Support as mentioned in the staff thread around then couldn't restore the original key amounts so as a compromise, 40 of each were given - much better than the nothing they would have got - still less than what they should have had.

Yes, its quite possible I will be able to max Vazarin's replacement; but until we know more its not a given. Hek, if it does turn out to be 1:1 I will have the replacement maxed and have the spare for whatever as now which will be nice; but I am cautioning that as of yet, we don't know and its easy to get riled up if someone feels that they have wasted their time and investment in something.

5 minutes ago, Urlan said:

The script was to give the 40 relics of each possible type. I still have allies that logged in early before the first hotfix that just had the void keys destroyed. Support as mentioned in the staff thread around then couldn't restore the original key amounts so as a compromise, 40 of each were given - much better than the nothing they would have got - still less than what they should have had.

Yes, its quite possible I will be able to max Vazarin's replacement; but until we know more its not a given. Hek, if it does turn out to be 1:1 I will have the replacement maxed and have the spare for whatever as now which will be nice; but I am cautioning that as of yet, we don't know and its easy to get riled up if someone feels that they have wasted their time and investment in something.

Difference between relics and this: relics are objects, these are just numbers. From a programmers perspective, numbers for one thing with five variations are easier to refund than one thing with hundreds. The less a code or script needs to do, the less likely a bug will happen. I wouldn't worry. 

37 minutes ago, Urlan said:

You probably won't be able to max it with your current standing invested. They are adding more variation to it, more "paths" or "branches" like I said. You'll get your focus back 1:1, that is a definite. We don't know if you'll be able to max the new branch with just your refunded investment, but that doesn't make it not a 1:1 refund.

Again the relic conversion, that was a bug, not intended. I personally got every single one of my keys converted into a relic, and as @Sajochi said, numbers are easier to refund then an object.