The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When is Hydroid’s Prime Trailer Coming?

(PSN)TertulSee

I just want to address this. Where is Hydroid Prime’s Trailer? I know they are busy with Plains of Eidolon but there should be a Hydroid Prime Trailer if they are going to release Hydroid Prime. I felt like DE has set the bar to high for themselves because their “overconfidence” has made some players really salty or disappointed.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

I just want to address this. Where is Hydroid Prime’s Trailer? I know they are busy with Plains of Eidolon but there should be a Hydroid Prime Trailer if they are going to release Hydroid Prime. I felt like DE has set the bar to high for themselves because their “overconfidence” has made some players really salty or disappointed.

They're just more driven to getting us an amazing U22 instead of working on a short minute and a half teaser for a frame that's already out.
Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

If this was earlier in the year, this wouldn't be an issue. But they're working their fingers to the bone for Plains of Eidolon, and personally I'm okay with that.
A little trailer being a bit late never hurt anybody except those players who don't really know where DE's priorities lie.

That being said, I think in the future, Prime Trailers should release alongside Primes always.
But that can't always happen, as evidenced here.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Do have to say, definitely kind of ruins the point of a trailer if it comes well after the item's release, imagine if movie trailers only started circulating once the movie had been in theaters for a week. DE should probably start doing  these things ahead of time so they can avoid these kind of situations. (Side note, we still haven't seen that Corpus utilization of Sentient technology from the Valkyr P trailer, DE pls.)

I really wish they would get a head of the releases with the trailers, Would love to be notified of the next prime 2-3 weeks before it released with a cool cinematic somewhat out of the blue, before the data mining BS gets a go at the files..

Kills the hype a little when it's just some images dropped on the forums/reddit or in prime time...

By the time the cinematic come out I'm a little past caring, sure they can be cool and all but I've already levelled the frame and finished with it, all that work just ends up being "meh" for the most part.
If the cinematic was the 1st thing I saw my reaction would be more along the lines of: OMG fking hyped, this gunna be a sick Prime release, can't wait, etc etc...

Edited by Carnage2K4