Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expand Fashionframe! Soundpacks

Fallen_Echo

Hello there Fashionframe players!

Im here with a request to expand our choices in becoming unique in this game!

What we need is soundpacks!

Ever had a weapon what has great stats, amazing visuals and sounds like you are beating the enemy with empty tin-cans or shooting them with half wet tissues?

How about we change that?

Add in weapon sounds to the market just like we have octavia sound packs there.

Im not sure about how easy is to get weapon sound effects for guns but im pretty sure we would love to buy some good sound effects for our weapons. Hell im sure some of us would pay to be able to mute our weapons without muting every weapon ingame.

For prices im sure 20p would be great, 40p would be cheap and even 60p per sound effect would be acceptable to make our weapons sound great!

Hmm this one is tricky, it seems pretty good as I have some friends that literally dont want to use certain weapons because of how they sound.

Like the Paris Prime sounding like someone is gearing up for a nasty spit....

Ya know what... screw it, Im onboard, this would be pretty sweet.

Just now, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

I don't think that this would be a good thing because sounds are part of what make a weapon unique. Most of the time I can tell what weapon people are using just by hearing it, and this would take that part of the game away.

well by that logic we should remove skins as well.
I mean is it really that gamebreaking for you to ask what people are using or to press escape and hover over their portraits to just check?

1 minute ago, ZoneDymo said:

well by that logic we should remove skins as well.
I mean is it really that gamebreaking for you to ask what people are using or to press escape and hover over their portraits to just check?

I didn't say it was game breaking, and I'm not that worried about what they are using, I was just saying that all the sounds that they put into weapons is part of what makes them unique. And skins are completely different because you can still tell what weapon/frame is under the skin.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

I didn't say it was game breaking, and I'm not that worried about what they are using, I was just saying that all the sounds that they put into weapons is part of what makes them unique. And skins are completely different because you can still tell what weapon/frame is under the skin.

There are enough skins that change the looks entirely...

20 minutes ago, ZoneDymo said:

Hmm this one is tricky, it seems pretty good as I have some friends that literally dont want to use certain weapons because of how they sound.

Like the Paris Prime sounding like someone is gearing up for a nasty spit....

Ya know what... screw it, Im onboard, this would be pretty sweet.

I just finished building the paris prime and honestly i had no idea what is the sound it tries to make till you said it. Now i gonna use it with disgust.

14 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

I personally dislike the idea. Unusual sounds can be distracting. IMO this should be a local only thing.

While i agree with that i would happly pay 100 plat for making the ohma and the bo sound like actual weapons and not like im beating the enmy with empty tincans on a stick. Also i would pay to make some weapons mute, like the old telos boltace the continous swoosh sound was annoying but i liked the weapon itself.

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Well no, I mean sure if you use like a Forrest skin, thats just a texture.
But if you use the Dryad bow skin on the Lenz.... well it looks like the Dryad bow now.

16 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

I personally dislike the idea. Unusual sounds can be distracting. IMO this should be a local only thing.

Well every sound is unusual until you get used to it right?
By your logic new weapons should sound like old/already existing weapons as new sounds would be unusual.

I think people are going a bit overboard with what disaster sounds options they are already creating in their mind, like a Soma Prime sounds like a generic Star Wars blaster or something.
I would not be something that crazy if we dont want that.

Just think, lower pitch, higher pitch, more echo, a sound effect upon impact, that sort of stuff.

2 minutes ago, MrDaylight said:

Not too sure about weapon sounds but I'm all for actual new cosmetic routes. Changing the Liset notices from Ordis & Lotus to auto-tuned hank hill, at least for alerts, foundry etc would be awesome. Custom melee channelling trails and Warframe channelling effects is another option.

You mean adding new effect to builing and the arsen and style to messages and such?

Sounds good, really good!

For the channelling trails and such, how about client only extra effects? More bullet decals, bigger explosions, bullet trail effects to make the game look even more awsome on client side only (dont want to crash some poor fellas computer) would be great too.

10 minutes ago, ZoneDymo said:

By your logic new weapons should sound like old/already existing weapons as new sounds would be unusual.

Please do not attach things I never said to what I say just to push your agenda. We're talking about a plethora of possible new sounds here. Not to mention that an option to a common sound is not as easy to adjust to as a sound for something new is. Anything more than local sounds means you want others to hear them rather than just change it for yourself. This is obnoxious behavior in my book.

Additionally consider this: if the sounds were to be handled locally, this would allow you to hear other players sounds on your own settings.

Edited by ScribbleClash
Corrected autocorrect

9 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

Please do not attach things I never said to what I say just to push your agenda. We're talking about a plethora of possible new sounds here. Not to mention that an option to a common sound is not as easy to adjust to as a sound for something new is. Anything more than local sounds means you want others to hear them rather than just change it for yourself. This is obnoxious behavior in my book.

Additionally consider this: if the sounds are too new handled locally, this would allow you to hear other players sounds on your own settings.

pls dont use silly terms like "pushing an agenda" as its completely meaningless and is meant to sound ominous.
I went further on your statement and showed how it makes little sense, if you have a problem with that then adjust your statement so it does make sense.
New sounds are per definition unusual as they were not used before, so if you have a problem with that (which is all you stated you have a problem with) it follows that from your perspective new weapons cannot have new sounds as those would be unusual, I really cannot make the flaw in your argument any clearer.

We are not talking about a plethora of possible new sounds here, like I said, that is your own mind just seeing the bad sides of it.
You can say that you are all for the idea but only "under the following conditions", dont just shoot it down just because all you can see is demons...

"Anything more than local sounds means you want others to hear them rather than just change it for yourself. This is obnoxious behavior in my book."

Again, you are not going to like me for saying this, but by that logic we might as well make all the fashionframe stuff local only as well right? the skins, armor, the colours, as wanting others to see your work and customization is obnoxious behavior in your book.

as for your "additionally" part, idk what you are trying to say there sorry, could you rephrase it perhaps?

Edited by ZoneDymo

37 minutes ago, ZoneDymo said:

pls dont use silly terms like "pushing an agenda" as its completely meaningless and is meant to sound ominous.
I went further on your statement and showed how it makes little sense, if you have a problem with that then adjust your statement so it does make sense.
New sounds are per definition unusual as they were not used before, so if you have a problem with that (which is all you stated you have a problem with) it follows that from your perspective new weapons cannot have new sounds as those would be unusual, I really cannot make the flaw in your argument any clearer.

We are not talking about a plethora of possible new sounds here, like I said, that is your own mind just seeing the bad sides of it.
You can say that you are all for the idea but only "under the following conditions", dont just shoot it down just because all you can see is demons...

"Anything more than local sounds means you want others to hear them rather than just change it for yourself. This is obnoxious behavior in my book."

Again, you are not going to like me for saying this, but by that logic we might as well make all the fashionframe stuff local only as well right? the skins, armor, the colours, as wanting others to see your work and customization is obnoxious behavior in your book.

as for your "additionally" part, idk what you are trying to say there sorry, could you rephrase it perhaps?

Fashionframe as in its current state is an expression of your individuality. Changing the games sounds is not.

I'm not interested in a silly argument war, but I do not condone of your adding your own context to what I say. This is the part I am upset about. I am not upset about giving people the option to have their own sounds and I have clearly stated that "under the following conditions" is for me, that it is locally handled. This means only the person who applies the soundpack hears ALL the sounds in accordance to their soundpack. This would include sounds from weapons other players use. This is also what I said in the "additional" part, so I hope this clears things up for you.

And please, do not condemn me for using phrases like "your agenda", when you use phrases like "by your logic". Saying "by your logic" not only claims you understand what I try to convey, but also tries to tell others that your definition of how I think is the correct one.

In any case, I do not wish to keep silly prattle in a thread, if you wish to continue this, we may as well take it to PM's.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

I don't think that this would be a good thing because sounds are part of what make a weapon unique. Most of the time I can tell what weapon people are using just by hearing it, and this would take that part of the game away.

I think it would be OK for some things, or at lest for some version of things. Paris Prime is the prime (ha) example of that for me. I have the glowy skin for it that makes it look like the old paris but prisma. Id realy love the old sound too.

Also keep in mind that some of the new skins comeing out make some guns look like modern day ones. the sound would be odd for them if it does not change.

Barely pay attention to my own weapons' sounds let alone that of other people playing with me. I'd never even remotely be part of a potential market for them and I don't see it being worth it to put the effort in to making them.

Side note: suggestions should never include a price, it's invariably wrong and would be ignored by DE if they look at the idea

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Barely pay attention to my own weapons' sounds let alone that of other people playing with me. I'd never even remotely be part of a potential market for them and I don't see it being worth it to put the effort in to making them.

You mgiht not but some weapons do sound horrible, as said upper the paris prime sounds you are preparing for a nasty spit.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Side note: suggestions should never include a price, it's invariably wrong and would be ignored by DE if they look at the idea

I just listed how much could it go for, octavia sound packs go for 50p going over 10p of that would be still acceptable for me.

12 hours ago, peterc3 said:

That side note makes little sense, putting in effort to record/make more sound effects and allowing players to put it on their weapons of choice is obviously going to cost manhours and thus money.

It only makes sense it would come in a pack that costs a bit of platinum, like just about anything else in this game, take the holster pack, or animations etc etc etc.

12 hours ago, ZoneDymo said:

That side note makes little sense, putting in effort to record/make more sound effects and allowing players to put it on their weapons of choice is obviously going to cost manhours and thus money.

It only makes sense it would come in a pack that costs a bit of platinum, like just about anything else in this game, take the holster pack, or animations etc etc etc.

My point was nobody outside DE can accurately price these things. Naming a price just sets expectations for what DE "should" price it regardless of what effort and time went in to it behind the scenes.