The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roadmap: Glassframe Quest & the Plains of Eidolon!

[DE]Rebecca

Nothing is perfect and its just a name... in the end what we need is a POE update and in hoping that is coming tomorrow because of upcoming primetime. No more watching when DE playing PoE,now its time for players to playe...

2 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

This name is unclear.

Yes, it is.

Do you feel offended by the name?

Do you feel other Japanese players would feel offended by the name?

I'd rather have Shoushi or Kagami as name if we want to honour Japanese culture

Thank you reply. Sorry, I am Poor English. I writing English using Google translate. I will reply as much as possible.

Garasu is called WASEI EIGO(和製英語 / https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasei-eigo), it is resistance to Many Japanese people to be called

Pure Japanese language.

Shoushi is not like a name. I think Kagami is a nice sounding but it is slightly different from glass. 鏡(Kagami)is the mirror.

I think Kagami is the best for Reflection or Mirror Warframe. Mirror cat already exists, Adarza Kavat.:cool: My kavat is Kagami.

It is very difficult to describe "Glass" in Japanese language. I couldn't find the proper Japanese language.

I don't know what other Japanese players think. But I think they are not offend.

Because they are written in English they do not seem to read too much.

Everyone seems to be interested in PoE contents but they seem to be less interested in Glass Warframe.

Even in Japanese clan to which I belong, I attempted to talk, but no one reacted. :sad:

8 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Nothing is perfect and its just a name... in the end what we need is a POE update and in hoping that is coming tomorrow because of upcoming primetime. No more watching when DE playing PoE,now its time for players to playe...

I'm afraid its not coming tomorrow. We have approximately 10 working days before it may be released. 

I'm willing to wait, DE. I've waited this long, and I've waited just as long (if not longer) for TWW and TSD- and I am excited for Umbra in the future. Keep up the good work, the negative criticism might be overwhelming, but you have yet to let me down and I know it'll all be worth it when the players are finally roaming the plains. Good luck and looking forward to your ambitious and awesome approach to open world!

while hasn't exactly been delayed or anything, if its not out by the end of the 10 day window you've now set for yourselves, you should probably reconsider your plans to not update the game until PoE drops. its been 3 weeks now since the last actual update (im not counting hot fixes) so people are understandably getting anxious. If you determine that you can't get it out within the current launch window, you should seriously consider starting an acolytes event of something (after all, it wouldn't take much to do that, its been done before, and it would at least give players something to do).

I'm all for you taking a bit of time to crush the worst bugs, but there comes a point when you know they won't be able to efficiently find bugs, this is when you should release it. you should be well aware that the longer it gets pushed back, the more likely the hype will die out and players will get disappointed when it DOES release, as happened to TWW (which felt way to short for how long it took you to get the darn thing to release).

I'm also fine with you delaying the quest for Gara (not a huge fan of the name, but w/e) as long as your given reason is true and the plains aren't delayed because of the quest. Can't say I'm a fan of you letting players purchase her before her quest is released, however.

11 hours ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Its not forcing plat purchases, its giving people who usually choose to buy the frame the chance to do so. The only reason the quest is being delayed is because the VA for one of the quest NPC's is not available at the moment. Do not conflate player choice with actual forced transactions, additionally plat is a resource you can gain in-game via trading, it may not net huge chunks at a time, but it is entirely possible to not spend a single dime on this game and get everything in it other than Tennogen, and even then consoles get Tennogen for plat.

It is extremely childish to assume they are doing this as some conspiracy to make people spend money.

Ivar is a Nordic name for 'archer' or 'bow warrior'.

Whiteknights are the true believers and the real adults. 

17 hours ago, masterhobbes said:

On the topic of Gara, can you until the release of the quest make her bp purchasable with credits from the market?

I'm planning on buying her with plat regardless because I want the free riven when the quest DOES come out, but for people who want to build her it would be a good compromise.

I'll be buying her too but unless I've missed it, it doesn't say anywhere that a riven comes with her. It'd be best for people not to assume there will be.

9 hours ago, Jukantos said:

Well the Riven cap can only have been due to technical capacities or stupidity, as it literally hurt their bottom line. I cant have been the only player who straightup bought the 30 new spaces as soon as they were available

I bought the 30 extra as soon as i logged in. Also bought like 15 veiled rivens for plat. Saved the other slots for the rivens I might eventually get during Anasa missions. Could I have 200ish rivens, I'd certainly have bought all slots available and a bunch more veiled rivens. 

10 hours ago, NekoWaffle said:

Cool. Now read mine again; various more complicated and obscure references from names become inscrutable when abridged. Mag is short and easy to divine contextually, because Mag is short for Magnetism, not "Magneros, the Sumerian inventor of making up historical references".

I also didn't mention Valykr in that sentence because the reference is clear. You're still looking at 5 names that, if cut up, would not make sense.

Gara is #6.

I think you have me and another commenter mashed up

Though I still disagree with you. I mean, Gara... it's gla- it's glass. It's Glass. Her name is Glass and she uses Glass. Inaros isn't named Silicate, Excalibur isn't named Swords, but Garasu is named Glass

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Let's see if I understand this correctly:

One dude made a (possible) lolpost (possibly)joke-suggesting the name "garasu."

This dude got no support.

DE picked that one, Lord knows why, despite this being a really bad name.

DE say "this is a design council choice."

Uhhhh.......

No. This has got to be an elaborate troll. 

Edited by Legion216

52 minutes ago, Soki01 said:

10 days or 10 working days?

I whos thinking its more like from now to the max 10days of waiting for update to come. So more likely DE can not say its coming in a couple a days because maybe something can go wrong and all problems can fix in 10days max. But if all goes good,then maybe we dont have to waith 10 for update. So maybe we can have it on this week....

16 hours ago, toafarmer said:

This is a pretty terrible excuse to force plat purchases (as almost all DE excuses are - hema research cost not being fixed, riven cap not being increased, etc.). Although this is still not totally honest, it is better than "forgeting" to add the parts to loot table (e.g. that "mistake" with Nidus). Anyways, I was going to buy it on release, but now I'll just wait the week due to my disaproval of such practices.

I wanted to just write "wut" in my confusion but honestly... conspiracy theorist much?

Have you created a game from scratch to know they are "excuses to force purchases"? I'm betting you have not. I have been following Steves twitter, they are all burning their candles at both ends trying to bring us a GOOD release, not something full of bugs and crashes and progression stoppers. Also, they are human, mistakes happen.

As for "forced plat purchases", I don't see anyones arms being twisted, do you? If people are salty they can't buy things early maybe they should do some grinding in the GAME (aka play it instead of sitting there expecting everything easily) and sell some things for ... PLATS.. that they dont have to pay money for - magic!

7 minutes ago, Legion216 said:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Let's see if I understand this correctly:

One dude made a (possible) lolpost (possibly)joke-suggesting the name "garasu."

This dude got no support.

DE picked that one, Lord knows why, despite this being a really bad name.

DE say "this is a design council choice."

Uhhhh.......

No. This has got to be an elaborate troll. 

Do you doubt in DE? Its not the first time that they give name to a frame. They did check first, in shore they did not go blindly and say heeey that it we are usi this name. So maybe there is a reason for all... after all its just a name. So there is no need for this to go catastrophic.