The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roadmap: Glassframe Quest & the Plains of Eidolon!

[DE]Rebecca

35 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

I wanted to just write "wut" in my confusion but honestly... conspiracy theorist much?

Have you created a game from scratch to know they are "excuses to force purchases"? I'm betting you have not. I have been following Steves twitter, they are all burning their candles at both ends trying to bring us a GOOD release, not something full of bugs and crashes and progression stoppers. Also, they are human, mistakes happen.

As for "forced plat purchases", I don't see anyones arms being twisted, do you? If people are salty they can't buy things early maybe they should do some grinding in the GAME (aka play it instead of sitting there expecting everything easily) and sell some things for ... PLATS.. that they dont have to pay money for - magic!

I don't need to make a game from scratch to be able to share my feelings about how the game is being marketed, this is a pretty senseless point. Also I have over 40k plat, so I could easily spend a few hundreds to buy the frame if they weren't trying to force plat purchases behind what I see as excuses. Also Steve says what he needs to say to make money, which is totally legit, since DE ain't a non-profit company. I was going to buy the frame to show my support for PoE. Just gave up due to the "oh, sorry, we are releasing some incomplete content, but you may purchase the unreleased part for plat if you want to support us". Same reason I didn't purchase other stuff before (hema with broken research cost, nidus parts not on loot table "by mistake" and so on). So none of the points you bring is valid. 

Guest Deus Tempestas

So.... Soon is more likely to be on the weekend, when I won't have access to my computer ☹️🙁😖😞😟😤😢😭😩

8 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

I don't need to make a game from scratch to be able to share my feelings about how the game is being marketed, this is a pretty senseless point. Also I have over 40k plat, so I could easily spend a few hundreds to buy the frame if they weren't trying to force plat purchases behind what I see as excuses. Also Steve says what he needs to say to make money, which is totally legit, since DE ain't a non-profit company. I was going to buy the frame to show my support for PoE. Just gave up due to the "oh, sorry, we are releasing some incomplete content, but you may purchase the unreleased part for plat if you want to support us". Same reason I didn't purchase other stuff before (hema with broken research cost, nidus parts not on loot table "by mistake" and so on). So none of the points you bring is valid. 

While I understand your frustrations of things not going your way. But I feel that for someone who claims to have 40 thousand platinum, you sure do complain excessively about the usage of that said platinum. And if the entire compliment of developers and staff members are dedicated to making the Plains of Eidolon function at its best there surely they do not have time to make a quest in addition to the largest update as of yet. Priorities are to be made, It is regrettable that you value this logical reasoning for them to put this behind a week as an excuse, I hope that you will find that compared to most developers with greed infused publishers (EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Etc.) they are quite unfocused on platinum sales, and a simple person such as yourself vowing not to purchase the frame is of no consequence to them. 

Best of luck. 

No one is forcing you to buy platinum. It’s just for the people who want Gara when it comes out. It’s no different than Harrow or Octavia. The only way that it would be forcing people to buy platinum if that the prerequisite for the quest is to pay for it with platinum.

30 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

The game making comment was about your assumption that delays, mistakes or the release of something else is all part of some great deception to suckle money out of people. There are genuine reasons for the delays.

Maybe you should spend some time watching the work they are doing to try and bring us a top shelf product (for FREE for most people) before you meander down into some weird conspiracy theory that they are trying to siphon wallets, which in itself makes no sense since people can make plats in-game anyway. The actual "paying" player, the person who actually spends real money to get plats into the game is the minority.

Go farm for hema ingredients, its doable. It's also old news.

The fact you think they leave things out of the drop table on purpose shows you really pay very little attention to how dedicated the team at Warframe are to bringing us quality. I might not like everything in the game, and some things I outright despise, but their dedication to their job AND their community, is not one of them.

3 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

The game making comment was about your assumption that delays, mistakes or the release of something else is all part of some great deception to suckle money out of people. There are genuine reasons for the delays.

Maybe you should spend some time watching the work they are doing to try and bring us a top shelf product (for FREE for most people) before you meander down into some weird conspiracy theory that they are trying to siphon wallets, which in itself makes no sense since people can make plats in-game anyway. The actual "paying" player, the person who actually spends real money to get plats into the game is the minority.

Go farm for hema ingredients, its doable. It's also old news.

The fact you think they leave things out of the drop table on purpose shows you really pay very little attention to how dedicated the team at Warframe are to bringing us quality. I might not like everything in the game, and some things I outright despise, but their dedication to their job AND their community, is not one of them.

I understand all the whiteknighting, sometimes when people like something very much they tend to take all criticism as a personal offense. I just like to point out I am one of those "paying players" and I already have Hema. I think the 3,5 days building time for new frames is enough to make people spend plat to buy new frames. The "delays" and "mistakes" seem to happen too often. I've bought all prime access and prime vault packs since I started playing. Also bought every single cosmetic available on ingame market and a bunch of tennogen stuff. I'm a supporter of the game, but when I feel cheated I like to point it out. You don't have to agree with me, but I feel entitled to share my opinion when I think things are not right. 

1 minute ago, toafarmer said:

I understand all the whiteknighting, sometimes when people like something very much they tend to take all criticism as a personal offense. I just like to point out I am one of those "paying players" and I already have Hema. I think the 3,5 days building time for new frames is enough to make people spend plat to buy new frames. The "delays" and "mistakes" seem to happen too often. I've bought all prime access and prime vault packs since I started playing. Also bought every single cosmetic available on ingame market and a bunch of tennogen stuff. I'm a supporter of the game, but when I feel cheated I like to point it out. You don't have to agree with me, but I feel entitled to share my opinion when I think things are not right. 

Consider the fact that this is their first attempt at an open world update, and most likely have/had made mistakes that they will not make on the next update of such a large scale like promising a quest in addition to such a large effort composed of the entire staff at DE. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Avod101 said:

There has never been a multi-platform release. It will come out on PC first unfortunately. 

you probably wouldn't want it to come out in the same state as it will on PC, PC can be hot fixed whenever and as much as they want, consoles they have to send everything in  to cert, which takes time and likely money. consoles might get stuff later, but they have a fraction of the bugs and issues one release that PC gets

@[DE]Rebecca

It would be nice for people who don't want/can't pay to have a (temporarily) shortened time of crafting for Gara ! that way people who didn't pay won't feel too left behind ! :)

I'll buy it anyway though, and thanks to you and everyone at DE for your work, love you all ! :)

Edited by oOMeri

16 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

Im not personally "offended" at all. I'm also not white-knighting. I am an adult who can appreciate the work involved in what they are trying to do. I also don't give two s*%ts about the glass frames name or the delays, if we want to throw down some personal thoughts on the matter.

My bewilderment is your irrational belief that the delays (and past errors) are all some diabolical plan and they are really just trying to suck money out of people. It's.. laughable.

I don't really care what you've "bought" in the past or how many plat you have, it doesn't remove the fact that saying these delays are part of a plan to suck money out of people is laughable, AND incorrect.

Mind-boggling. Truly. :facepalm:

P.S When I see them physically pressing your finger down over the buy button, I'll believe it's forced. Until then, I'm off to bed.

Edited by Zanchak
Cause Irrational People

4 hours ago, Volatael said:

So now you are releasing frames for cash few weeks before they can be farmed in the game, are you? At least with Gara.

You understand that this is a highly negative president, don't you?

I am all about supporting the game (would not get those Prime Accesses bundles otherwise), but this is not something I can get behind.

Surprisingly player unfriendly move.

No, no, Gara will be farmable at PoE's release, according to the opening post. It's just her blueprint that will be missing. So you can do all the farming before the quest releases.

8 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

No, no, Gara will be farmable at PoE's release, according to the opening post. It's just her blueprint that will be missing. So you can do all the farming before the quest releases.

I hope someone is going to post where/how we get the parts for gara then....

As to the delay, personally I've said that adding in a short 'plat exclusive' period would be an acceptable thing to encourage people to buy plat (although I still feel it's overpriced without the 75% discount).  Having said that I'd rather the dev's said they were testing this approach to see if it works etc rather than saying something which tbh is slightly questionable regarding scheduling of the voice actor considering how long they've been showing gara (I agree it's a silly name), he's an ostron character (ie PoE people) and they were targeting end of September for release at one point for PoE so would need all the voice work done earlier than that for post processing. 

I also support the idea for the acolytes to return to tide us over again..... that or some sort of resource booster so we can stock up resources to build loads of energy pizza to replace zenuriks energy regen...

Just now, [DE]Rebecca said:

for those able to support us. If you cannot, that’s fine too

See this is why i love WARFRAME tho im not able to support (with money)

I will share info to all my friends that can and share on my social media channels (thats my ways of support till i get money one day)

JUMPS IN TO A HYPE TRAIN WOHOOOOOOOOO :)