Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really? Gara?

ShiraHagane

Just now, Nakrast said:

Those kind of posts are so useless, it's nearly amusing.
Also, if you don't like how DE names their frames, why don't you throw a bunch of suggestions for her name? Instead of complaining without making any relevant point.

I would do that, but the design council already submitted 8 pages worth, gara not being one

1 minute ago, Nakrast said:

Also, if you don't like how DE names their frames, why don't you throw a bunch of suggestions for her name? Instead of complaining without making any relevant point.

The thing behind this many suggested names but they decided to pick one what sounded good for them.

6 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

I would do that, but the design council already submitted 8 pages worth, gara not being one

I am also council member but I was late in name suggestion "on vacation that time" and not checked the forums. Also the Gara is only derived from Vlada911's suggestion.

Edited by Sziklamester

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

The thing behind this many suggested names but they decided to pick one what sounded good for them.

Well, perks of beng the developers?
Suggestions are suggestions, they aren't obligated to take them.
Like if someone suggests you to cut your arm just for fun, and it's the only suggestion you have, will you do it? lol.

5 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

Because firstly some companies (and I believe DE have in the past) have changed things due to negative feedback/complaints in the past.

As for throwing in a bunch of suggestions for the name: They have done that many times already. We have a great amount of with tons of popularity in the Design Council Thread. Personally I like Vitria, but I would live with Silica, Glaxia and others like it also. Considering my earlier example, I'd prefer just plain old "Glass" also. However I am the sort of person who names a Black thing "Blacky." So my opinion on what constitutes a Good/Great Name is not something I plan on showing/sharing when others that are better than me at that sort of thing can offer more.

Let me also point out something else: Octavia. While some people may not be happy with the name Octavia, it certainly was very popular with the Design Council. "Garasu", the original post that 'inspired' Gara had nothing at the time. No Upvotes at that point or anything. 

Edited by KaijuKraid

1 minute ago, Nakrast said:

Well, perks of beng the developers?
Suggestions are suggestions, they aren't obligated to take them.
Like if someone suggests you to cut your arm just for fun, and it's the only suggestion you have, will you do it? lol.

The two is not the same. But maybe yea. "just kidding" already cut.

To be fair to those that like the loose connection to Gaara from Naruto, there is a Ninja Master Gara from a different Anime. Though, to be fair, its probably not related to the inspiration either and is a male character. Still, a ninja master!

In time the name might grow on me (depending on pronunciation, make it good Reb!), but for now it seems rather late to change it considering they're already behind on her quest due to VA. I'm sure her name is prominent in the quest's voice lines, and redoing them at this point doesn't seem feasible to DE.

okay so in this thread we complained that her name is basically glass. but we have frost and ember,
and then we have counter arguements that thats not an issue its the fact its the basterdization (or short hand) of the word garasu.

yet from my perspective why arnt we complaining about MAGs name...which is the basterdization/short hand of the word magnatize or magnatismn....you people need to chill your eggroll. (also the actual forum post on the name gara actually DOES state that it was chosen from the design coucil and changed a lil by DE) you do have to remember. the dev streams arnt 100% scripted so they do have the chance of misphrasing things. they are human like the rest of us savages ya know.

8 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Mag is cool, the frame maybe not so much but the name is perfect, also one of the relics of the game and she always was fine with that name, it's like you'd wanna change Monna Lisa to "Girl not looking at me".

oh no. im not saing to change it. im perfectly fine...Im just pointing out slight pointless flaws in the arguement of gara is bad cuz its just short for garasu.

Im 100% perfectly content with my simplistic names (trust me I take ironic,puns,and spureofthemoment names. my green frost is wintergreen,I have a cat named inu,and a dog named philchesta...cuz i was really hankering for a philly cheese steak at the time)

Edited by Ordosan

4 minutes ago, Ordosan said:

garasu

Garasu is horrible in the first place, if mag is refered to Magnetize let's refer Glass frame to one of her skills, BUT WAIT, Mag is not referred to magnetize but to the magnetic in general since Magnetize is a new skill and it used to be Bullet Attractor.

Just now, giovanniluca said:

Garasu is horrible in the first place, if mag is refered to Magnetize let's refer Glass frame to one of her skills, BUT WAIT, Mag is not referred to magnetize but to the magnetic in general since Magnetize is a new skill and it used to be Bullet Attractor.

now your arguing semantics, magnetic magnetize,magnetization. Its all the act of applying magnetism. Mag is the magnetic frame. 'garasu' is the glass frame. your picking at straws with this atm.

1 hour ago, Gurpgork said:

They didn't even put out a poll, like they usually do. They just plucked one from the thread. 

I don't see the issue. They've done the same with Nidus and other things, it's nothing bad.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

4 minutes ago, Ordosan said:

now your arguing semantics, magnetic magnetize,magnetization. Its all the act of applying magnetism. Mag is the magnetic frame. 'garasu' is the glass frame. your picking at straws with this atm.

Ok then, since Glass frame is about shaping molten glass, Garasu is unfitting since it does not apply just Glass but it shatters, shapes and Makes areas of molten glass, oh also stabs.

24 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Ok then, since Glass frame is about shaping molten glass, Garasu is unfitting since it does not apply just Glass but it shatters, shapes and Makes areas of molten glass, oh also stabs.

so garasu (meaning glass) is not fitting because glass frame does things with glass in all form from crafting to destruction? dude you make no since and Im to sick to attempt to know what your on about.