The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[Temporary Workaround Found] Unable to login in-game

I_am_your_Sandvich

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

We're aware of login issues and are working to get them resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience

Mass login issues have been resolved! We are aware, however, that some of you are still experiencing some issues. We are still working out a solution, and will update this thread once we have nailed down a fix! Thank you for your patience. 

Just now, ScorpDK said:

Notice how the big blue banner by Danielle that said they were fixing the login problem is now gone. Seems they fixed the network issue, and completely ignore / are baffled by - our own issue which seems to continue to exist.

You meen Twissh DWOOPS ?

Just now, ScorpDK said:

Notice how the big blue banner by Danielle that said they were fixing the login problem is now gone. Seems they fixed the network issue, and completely ignore / are baffled by - our own issue which seems to continue to exist.

Well, I mean, we could try to reverse engineer and datamine our clients to make sure that the problem isn't on our---- oh... wait... nope... banhammer

1 minute ago, ScorpDK said:

I don't think they are baffled ( or the banner would not be gone ), more that the forums are little use if you want DE to know anything and the support company IMHO are even worse

Hold on. What. I just enabled the Workstation Service, restarted my network, and tried connecting. I am getting in.

What is happening? Did they fix something? Guys. Try to connect now.

EDIT: 40 messages from Teshin...

Edited by ScorpDK

1 minute ago, ScorpDK said:

Hold on. What. I just enabled the Workstation Service, restarted my network, and tried connecting. I am getting in.

Yeah it  didn't work, then i restarted my computer, now i'm in. the actual hell?

2 minutes ago, ScorpDK said:

I'd LIKE to test if this works for me, but I can't enable workstation since dependencies are missing. In fact, the dependencies for it don't even show up in services menu.

1 minute ago, Zeladan said:

Starting the Workstation service did fix my problem.  Why the hell did this update require it enabled, when pre-PoE did not?

Because DE are completely incompetent and are suddenly requiring protocols that make your computer vulnerable to instantly being taken over by a virus that you don't even need to download to get infected by.

If this actually is the issue then I am @(*()$ flabbergasted. How can you be so ridiculously inane as to NEED to open yourself to a serious, computer-bricking virus, to play WF?

If this is the case, then the next update NEEDS to remove this. Immediately. Not by monday, not by sunday, but NOW.

Additionally, I can't even test to see if it works for me since it tells me 'dependencies are missing'.

Just now, Jhoyz21 said:

How to start this "Workstation" that you guys talking about?

Depending on your Windows version, but it should be pressing opening the "Run" (Windows Key + R) window,  typing "services.msc" and then executing.

You end up in the Services management console, where you look for "Workstation", right click it, and then tell it to start automatically. There's a post 1-2 pages prior with an image of how to do it.

and if you want to see what dependencies it needs...double click on 'workstation' this brings up the properties tab...----.goto the dependencies tab and see what it needs...mine is 'browser/network store interface/smb 2.0 relocator'

find those in the list and start them..