Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Projectile bug, need fix ASAP.

Lavenza

PoE update came with a bug that seems to make projectile stuck at spawn location and deal damage upon collision, which can result in damaging
you, https://gfycat.com/ThreadbareRegalIberiannase (look at the shield and health bar) and literally F- instantly kill you https://gfycat.com/ForthrightMinorFlickertailsquirrel 

DE please, fix this bug as soon as possible. 

The bug can happen even without a vauban in the lobby, the issue starts once someone with a bow or any other projectile weapon (mainly boltors) joins the lobby. The ee.log files kinda confirm this, however I think it would be needed to link video + ee.log file of the same match (through support) to make the bug easier to analyze and fix.

Edited by Stormdragon

2 hours ago, [DE]Argilliath said:

next hotfix should fix an issue with his Tesla grenades that caused them to keep damaging anyone forever, hopefully that was the same thing, if not we are still looking to fix this!

I'm not iceywolf, but I can confirm it's not an issue with Teslas (which are currently bugged and not dealing damage at all, if I'm not mistaken).

Projectiles from bolt/arrow/dart weapons (such as bows, Boltors, Kunai, etc.) can sometimes remain in the air indefinitely/until the match ends. These projectiles still have a hitbox and even seem to deal increased damage at times (just multiple stacking in one spot?), and, to make matters worse, they are completely invisible. Energy weapons like Tetra and Supra don't appear to cause the bug.

What's even more interesting is that, while the EE log does show what is dealing damage, the projectiles themselves are not listed as being used by any player. They're independent entities, identical to map hazards, that can even kill the original user. They also don't show up in the kill feed, and kills by them are not attributed to any player.

2636.050 Game [Info]: [Player] was killed by 42 / 65 damage using a PrimeBoltorBolt

3395.763 Game [Info]: [Player] was killed by 16 / 49 damage using a AsymArrowPvP

Again, the player actually using the weapon is normally listed here, but I don't have an example of that on hand.

While we aren't sure what exactly is causing the bug, we are beginning to suspect that it is triggered by killing the user while their projectiles are in flight. This would help explain why it most often happens with Boltors, which have relatively slow projectiles.

squidd has has a nice gif of it in action.

Edited by Vyrndragon
added gif

@[DE]Argilliath

To clarify:
This bug appears to occur with any standard projectile weapon, such as the Dera, the Boltor, the Daikyu, the Astilla, or the Hikou.
I haven't seen the bug occur with projectile abilities or triggered explosive projectiles (Castanas, Talons, Penta), but I can't confirm that it doesn't.

I'd like to reaffirm this statement:

8 hours ago, Vyrndragon said:

we are beginning to suspect that it is triggered by killing the user while their projectiles are in flight.

It looks like when a player using a projectile weapon dies, all existing projectiles are "lost" by the code and become invisible, floating mines.

Over time (multiple matches?), enough projectile weapon use can crash a server instance... or at least cause several players to simultaneously disconnect.

So far I have been unsuccessful with this issue u.u, but no worries, I'll continue to until i find and fix it.

In my setup i have the boltor projectiles slowed down so i can test easily, but killing the shooting player doesn't make the projectiles vanish for me, they continue even after the dead ragdoll of the shooter is gone. So my next question would be if you guys have any special setup in your dedicated servers, like high bandwidth or other settings?

Thanks for all the help and I'll keep looking into this.

From my own experience, the bug is there on every server I've played regardless of server performance. I'm not sure about the server settings (I don't have one), but I know of a couple of server owners who could help providing them: @Theroxenes @spiedie

Btw, the issue seems to present easily on public lobbies. Would you mind if some of the most active players around added you to in game friend list and go bughunting together? 

Hey everyone just wanted to give you and update:

I am sorry you guys have been waiting for this fix and even more since probably we won't get it this weekend. Thanks to your insights and our QA team we have now a consistent repro and some leads, but this has been a though one to crack as it has to do with network packets arriving to clients in different order from how the server sent them, so it will take some more thinking and testing to finally slay this bug.

Again, sorry for the wait and I'll keep you posted, as we want to fix this asap.

Thanks!

Please, fix this asap. There is a lot of people using nothing but projectile weapons (sometimes spamming loki decoy for increased projectiles in the map) only to ruin the experience of those of us who enjoy conclave since taking damage out of nowhere and eventually dying to nothing is very frustrating.

Still not fixed, can you guys just ban all projectile weapons until it gets fixed? 

List of all confirmed bugged weapons: All bows and crossbows, all boltor, all throwing knives, harpak primary, ember fire blast, nekros soul punch.

This actually seems to be a ragdoll bug, not projectiles. 

Edited by iceywolf
Added a list of bugged stuff, added harpak.

This bug still hasn't been fixed.

What is this bug?

Essentially, when someone is playing projectile-based weapons, such as Boltor or Daikyu, the projectiles attaches themselves to certain objects around the map, making them deadly traps, killing anyone passing by. Even the wielder of the weapon that originally caused the bug dies. For instance, someone spam a wall, a rock, a stairway, you name it, with Boltor or Daikyu, then whenever someone passes by that area, they just die, or if they're lucky, they will survive with minimum health and perhaps die to someone shooting at them shortly after.

This is becoming insanely triggering. It's annoying for those who want to use projectile-based weapons, because they feel obliged to not use them if they are aware of the bug, because most people want fair games, without any bugs involved. And others, who are unaware, or simply don't give 3 S#&$s, bug out the entire map, making the game nearly unplayable, or at least put people on edge to the point where the person wielding the projectile-based weapon gets flamed into the abyss. I myself get INSANELY triggered after a while of playing when you just keep dying randomly to nothing. Huge parts of the map literally become "no-go zones", unless you want to die.

The conclave community already feels a lot of neglect. Can we at least just have the worst bug, i.e. what has been described here, fixed? People are literally resorting to private matches, or not playing at all to avoid this bug. Unless you want conclave to die ENTIRELY (yes more than it already has), then let this bug persist for a little longer. See what happens.

Note, that the Boltor and Daikyu that is mentioned here are mere examples. The bug is concerning ALL projectile-based weapons.

Sincerely,
A-very-triggered-player-that-would-like-to-spend-his-few-hours-of-spare-time-playing-some-conclave-without-wanting-to-actually-become-a-school-shooter-in-real-life.

Edited by Nixyen

Just now, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

I've never done conclave but.... *runs off to conclave with the boltor*

You seem to be on X-box. I don't play X-box, so I don't know if the bug exists there. However, may you step on a lego, and feel the toilet water on your butt-cheeks after taking a dump :/

Hi guys, I know this has been another long week of waiting, but the good news is that pending some more internal testing this weekend, this bug was finally fixed! or at least we can no longer repro it in the current dev build. Sorry it has taken so long, we really devoted a lot of time to fix it but it was just a really hard catch.

So hopefully you'll be able to get in your dedicated servers and play without this issue early next week.

10 hours ago, iceywolf said:

The latest hotfix patch notes did not include projectile/ragdoll bug. however, after some boltoring in public matches, it seems to be fixed.

Thank you DE Argilliath, thank you. 

I still got killed by the bug yesterday :s

It was versus some laser weapon of sorts. I'm still new to this game so I don't know all weapons by heart, but that weapon for sure still causes the bug. Maybe some of you can narrow down the description I gave and pinpoint the weapon. It seems like it's a laser cannon that charges up to a certain point and then fires. The laser is blue, and must count (unless a new form of bug) as a projectile-based weapon.

Hmm yeah the fix was lost in the notes (probably because my comments were too cryptic XD) but yeah it went out yesterday with the hotfix. Also Nixyen from what you say it seems it was the opticor. What exactly happened? that one is a trace weapon not a projectile one so might be some other issue.

19 hours ago, [DE]Argilliath said:

Nixyen from what you say it seems it was the opticor. What exactly happened? that one is a trace weapon not a projectile one so might be some other issue.

It had the same situational outcome. After some time someone played with what could be Opticor, some areas on the map displayed the same occurrences, i.e. taking damage when passing a certain wall or whatever object had the bug attached to it. I can't remember map names by heart either yet, but I believe the map it happened on was called Reactor. It's basically an all-indoors map with different height-levels. Idk if the map matters, but trying to give all the info I can. It could also be something else. The same person was playing with a frisbee-like (complete circle) melee weapon. The combo the person seemed to be going for was throwing the fisbee for a possible slow and then finish with the laser/opticor.