The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Norg bait not working?

sp4rtan148

1: only on the big lake

2: you have to trow the bait on the "bubbles" you see on top of the water

3: even if you do it right he might not spawn.

4:he might spawn and stay deep, you just cant see him, dye might help if you get close enough

Edited by JeyciKon

Special bait is currently finnicky as hell and you can go through 10 to 20 bait without anything even spawning. And when it does spawn, sometimes it hangs out half invisible and half buried in the ground. Dye might help.

Dunno if it is the same for the Norg but when I have tried using luminous dye on Murkrays it didn't work.

Edited by Horonelius

Little bit of cheeky self promotion here, but you can use my map for any fishing locations 

Norgs only spawn in the lake, they're both rare at night and day, they spawn pretty deep, and you need to use the bait on the bubbles as has been stated here a couple of times. 

Gl fishing :P

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, xylina said:

Used all my bait.  Day and night. Threw bait on bubbles.  NOTHING.  There's rare and there's just plain unobtainable.  Definitely not my idea of fun..

This is ridiculous and should not be possible of occurring. At 7.5k standing, it isn't cheap, and for it being possible that you receive nothing in return for your time investment is simply poor design. Hopefully it isn't intended, or perhaps overlooked, but it needs to change. 

Someone must have been listening.  Found a good spot on shore where numerous pools of bubbles appeared to be congregating.  At night, I used a combination of Norg bait, and luminous dye.  Caught 6 of those suckers with one bait.  Not sure, but the luminous dye seems to have made the difference.  I chose that particular spot because of the large numbers of "bubble" appearances,:satisfied:

On 19/10/2017 at 7:00 AM, sp4rtan148 said:

Literally every pool of water I use this thing it doesn't show up, the wiki says to go to the big pool of water in the middle but nothing spawns. Is anyone else having this issue?

On 30/10/2017 at 2:33 PM, xylina said:

Used all my bait.  Day and night. Threw bait on bubbles.  NOTHING.  There's rare and there's just plain unobtainable.  Definitely not my idea of fun..

21 hours ago, WhiteCr0w said:

This is ridiculous and should not be possible of occurring. At 7.5k standing, it isn't cheap, and for it being possible that you receive nothing in return for your time investment is simply poor design. Hopefully it isn't intended, or perhaps overlooked, but it needs to change. 

The image where I got 40 norgs (in one night with 2x drop booster) was at the 2 spots below, remember to wait for the Teralyst to spawn before using bait, and yes use dye right after you toss bait out, just hang around the bubbles, they do show up, but seem to be under the floating plants 80% of the time.
norgs_by_carnage2k4-dbs9lad.jpg

Edited by Carnage2K4

13 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

The image where I got 40 norgs (in one night with 2x drop booster) was at the 2 spots below, remember to wait for the Teralyst to spawn before using bait, and yes use dye right after you toss bait out, just hang around the bubbles, they do show up, but seem to be under the floating plants 80% of the time.

Damn, so apparently spawns are better after the Teralyst is out and about? I usually try to get a quick solo kill in before I go fishing most nights. I'll have to give this a go if I can curb the Sentient bloodthirst. Thanks for the info.

5 hours ago, WhiteCr0w said:

Damn, so apparently spawns are better after the Teralyst is out and about? I usually try to get a quick solo kill in before I go fishing most nights. I'll have to give this a go if I can curb the Sentient bloodthirst. Thanks for the info.

Well the Teralyst indicates when night is actually night, You can also use the bounty board and wait for it to hit 50 minutes remaining.
The Radiation on the ground remains during dusk and twilight, and although it's dark it may not actually be the night time hours that count yet, so the teralyst being out I find is a good way to tell if Norgs will be available to catch in their specific areas.