Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe I just don't get it?

ApocNizmith

1 hour ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I know you keep saying that Warframe isn't a complete product, but they had been 4 years in open beta. How much more time do they need?

When Warframe was released it was as barebones as you could be while giving the player something to do. This is a F2P game. It is going to take longer not only due to a lack of funding from publisher but also dealing with constant feedback from the player base and addressing issues. 
Its fixing/polishing as well as creating new content. I have been on Warframe nearing 4 years now and it is in a much better place than when I started.

This is as complete of an expierience as you'll ever see. It's never gonna be a single player game with a campaign or anything like that. It will always be disjointed and unpolished like it is right now. Varying slightly untill the day people get tired of it and leave. 

I disagree. I think they have been using PoE as a way to refine and polish the features together into a more cohesive experience. It's just going to take longer. That's the way it is. 

2 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

knew PoE isn't gonna be a good open world before it was released, I didn't believe the hype even for a second. But I at least hoped to get a bit more Warframe to play. Not more fishing simulator. More WARFRAME.

Fishing is one part among the numerous missions and fighting available on the plains. You have to fish and mine for construction of weapons and can be used to improve your standing on Cetus. 
You and I are having very different experiences. It also seems that you only want corridor shooter only and nothing else. Personally I want the proper Looter Action RPG that Warframe is shaping up to be. PoE has breathed life into the Warframe universe and has made it more immersive.

2 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

But all I got was a single mission on an entire map chopped into multiple tiny stages (with pathetic starchart level enemies), a bulletsponge boss that didn't let me use my Warframe to kill it, and mandatory fishing. So I sait FTS and left to be a forum ghost.

From my experience the enemies have had more freedom and bring more challenge in these open spaces. The chaos of ships coming in and dropping of new enemies along with air support has changed the dynamic quite a bit. The new ghoul units also are an improvement over standard enemies and I think their formula for spontaneity will serve Warframe for the better. 
But if you hate the game then leave. I don't mean stop playing and stick around on the forums. I mean just go. You clearly hate the game and have no faith in the developers that the game will ever get better, and the forums have not helped you in that regard, so why stick around? Just to be salty? Sounds like a waste of time. 

To me, Warframes fishing is therapeutic. 

After a stressful day, I would go to the plains and aggressively stab any fish with my spear, while muttering to myself about the stupidity of work.

I would like to go full Dundee though. Just toss something explosive in the water and net whatever floats up.

6 hours ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

No you can’t. Trade chat is a horrendeous experience. I have had to spend hours trying to get basic equipment like mods or prime parts. The only thing I see constantly in trade are rivens and vaulted primes stuff. And putting in a comprehensive economy in the game is essentially the same thing I am saying. People don’t regularly trade mats with each other in trade chat. So don’t come here saying there is an alternative to fishing and mining. There really isn’t one and if there was that’s what we’d be advising to use. In fact having something like a true trade barter system where people could realistically trade items like that would be exactly what this game needs. 

What are you crying about? When I head to Maroo's bazaar I see people trading fish about half the time. If even that's too much work for you, just go to your dojo and strike a deal with your clannies that you'll buy up their fish and ores for whatever you want to trade for it.

6 hours ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

No you can’t. Trade chat is a horrendeous experience. I have had to spend hours trying to get basic equipment like mods or prime parts. The only thing I see constantly in trade are rivens and vaulted primes stuff. And putting in a comprehensive economy in the game is essentially the same thing I am saying. People don’t regularly trade mats with each other in trade chat. So don’t come here saying there is an alternative to fishing and mining. There really isn’t one and if there was that’s what we’d be advising to use. In fact having something like a true trade barter system where people could realistically trade items like that would be exactly what this game needs. 

Hate the requirment of doing stuff that are boring to me to such an extant, that I didn't even try to get any Zaws, the only things I am actually interested from Poe.

It took me less then 3 minutes to buy some fish from fellow Tenno, offered 100p for enough fish for AW (wanted to try it out) got like 5 pms.. Guy was really thanfull,  even left me with few big rare ones that are now in aquariums.

Can someone please explain to me what are the things, components for which I cannot circumvent through trade to get a Zaw??

Is it mandatory for standing, or could I just play bounties, hunt Eidelons to rank up where I need to for standing, and buy resources through trade chat. If it's doable this way, then there is too much drama about nothing.

If not, DE need to fix this.. 

3 hours ago, .Re-light. said:

It took me less then 3 minutes to buy some fish from fellow Tenno, offered 100p for enough fish for AW (wanted to try it out) got like 5 pms.. Guy was really thanfull,  even left me with few big rare ones that are now in aquariums.

This is not a solution, you are buying your way into what you want.  And it would result in plat farming as being a necessity in the game rather than alternative.

And it would encourage pay to play mentality.

And alot of you are missing the point of why people hate fishing. They don't want to sit in one spot and do something they don't enjoy because they need to acquire rewards. There us fundamentally no difference between standing around on POE and standing around on Maroo's Bazaar waiting for fish to show up and getting them. Except I am sure trading, even in MAroo's bazaar, isn't anywhere near as interesting as fishing is, or even as lucrative when you consider the time per sale vs time per fish.  So that's a solution that is just as equally nonviable and un-engaging as fishing.

You guys literally recommend using a even more boring and ininspired system as an alternative to another boring and uninspired system.

Meanwhile what I proposed would allow you to play the game you want to play and take those direct rewards and convert them to the rewards you want, without a middle man, and as smooth and as easy as people now collect Endo and Ducats.

I am not asking for an easier way or less effort to acquire items. I am saying DE should think about how to make systems where people can take their effort in one part of the game and apply it to any other part of the game, especially in acquiring mats and parts. Trading doesn't even remotely cover that function, though it could. But that would require an even more radical change to the game than what I am proposing.

PoE, simply put. Is catering to a different audience than yourself, and as has been observed in this thread, an equally large audience. That's why you don't get it, and why it's continued to be expanded upon.

If you prefer another style of play, then do that. If you want the stuff offered within PoE: Buckle up and do it, or skip it by buying into it. Those people who don't prefer your style of play have had to do the same prior and still even now.

Do I think there could be ways to mesh the two play-styles? Yes. But it shouldn't be DE's primary focus. Instead focusing on adding new content for each play-style in sequence, while looking at feedback and perhaps planning for far along the road on how to implement new hybrid systems.

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking

16 hours ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

Some people have echoed an idea I proposed. For people who hate to fish, there should be an alternative path to acquiring items that require fishing. But not just that but for everything in general. Can't stand waiting for Nitian alerts or Kuva Fortress gambling(3% drop rate, SERIOUSLY?), allow the option for you to convert some other rare drop into nitian. Hate waiting or grinding derelicts for those Mutalist Alad V coordinates. Allow you to trade in some other rare coordinate or item that you have managed to get a bunch of for the coordinates you want.

This is the Achilles Heel of WF in comparison to top quality games, walling too much content behind "THIS side game and THIS side game only or plat" walls towards revenue from folks who don't like that side game. It's not exactly a ripoff, but it's not the most honest revenue model either. Oh, yeah, you can get all the content... if you do all these "non space ninja" side games, or side games that are technically space ninja but purposefully? designed to be unappealing to large segments of players such that they will spend $$ to bypass.

In the case of POE, it's "fish AND mine side games" to get, for one example, far and away the most powerful melee weapons in the game atm, gilded, arcane zaws, to use in the space ninja fighting that you signed up for. No Option B to get them, THIS and THIS objectively NON SPACE NINJA side game... or plat.

Edited by Buttaface

10 hours ago, Iccotak said:

When Warframe was released it was as barebones as you could be while giving the player something to do. This is a F2P game. It is going to take longer not only due to a lack of funding from publisher but also dealing with constant feedback from the player base and addressing issues. 
Its fixing/polishing as well as creating new content. I have been on Warframe nearing 4 years now and it is in a much better place than when I started.

Well of course it's different after four years in open beta. If anything, the fact that DE initially released one game and now it's something so drastically different is a sign of a lack of focus and long-term vision for Warframe. The fact that so many mechanics and fundamental changes had to be added to the game during the open beta period is indicative of the abscence of a design road map for the future development. I would love to be proven wrong, but this is what I see right now.

I disagree. I think they have been using PoE as a way to refine and polish the features together into a more cohesive experience. It's just going to take longer. That's the way it is. 

Fishing is one part among the numerous missions and fighting available on the plains. You have to fish and mine for construction of weapons and can be used to improve your standing on Cetus. 
You and I are having very different experiences. It also seems that you only want corridor shooter only and nothing else. Personally I want the proper Looter Action RPG that Warframe is shaping up to be. PoE has breathed life into the Warframe universe and has made it more immersive.

There's absolutely nothing refined and polished about PoE. It's completely broken and doesn't work in any cohesive manner. No offence, dude, but I had similar conversations with you before, you're imagining some masterplan that DE should have for some reason, while ignoring the erratic reality of the present Warframe development. DE added AW because it seemed cool on paper. DE focused on quests and lore because it seemed cool on paper. DE added "open world" because it seemed cool on paper. DE enforced fishing and mining because they thought it would be cool to have various activities in the game. This way instead of building on what was created before, DE venture into another passion project for half a year or so to abandon it later on. You think they'll actually finish big maps for all planets? No, of course not. Maybe Venus would have another one and that's it. Cause you can't suddenly turn your game into a proper open world after four years of open beta.

When I suggested an open world Warframe myself back in 2016 it was a fantasy meant for a completely different game built from ground up. I thought about Warframe sequel. Not this current one (in case you don't remember what I'm talking about, look in my profile one of the earliest threads).

There is no foundation for the kind of game you imagine Warframe is going to be upon "release" - if that ever happens.

"Fish and mine to construct weapons" when every other resource in the game is available through combat. Do you not see how dumb this is? Side activities are enforced upon the core content, effectively locking focus behind hours and hours of boring repetitive gameplay that has nothing to do with anything that Warframe is as a game. Warframe is not an RPG. It's a third person horde shooter.

From my experience the enemies have had more freedom and bring more challenge in these open spaces. The chaos of ships coming in and dropping of new enemies along with air support has changed the dynamic quite a bit. The new ghoul units also are an improvement over standard enemies and I think their formula for spontaneity will serve Warframe for the better. 

What challenge could lvl 20-70 enemies even offer? 90% of the time they're oneshottable with any built weapon. Gosh, you could even take an ember into missions like that and she'll be fine. And the fact that enemies spread across the map, forces you to jump around like an idiot killing one enemy at a time. The spawns are broken on plains, the gameplay wasn't built for big maps. On top of that, damage fall-off makes whole classes of weapons ineffectual on Plains. The gameplay is completely falling apart in open world environment, and you're talking about challenge?

But if you hate the game then leave. I don't mean stop playing and stick around on the forums. I mean just go. You clearly hate the game and have no faith in the developers that the game will ever get better, and the forums have not helped you in that regard, so why stick around? Just to be salty? Sounds like a waste of time. 

Gosh, just hear yourself. This is akin to religion at this point. Why does anyone has to "have faith" in developers to enjoy a game? And why isn't it a waste of your time to tell people who disagree with your religion to "leave if they don't like something?" I heard this so many times from Warframe players already. "Leave if you don't like something" is the final argument people put forth when they cannot disprove a single point the opposition made. It's like: "Say whatever you want, I'm not listening!"-kind of argument.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

What challenge could lvl 20-70 enemies even offer?

In the context of the plains it's not the individual enemies that offer the challenge. It's the fact that they're constantly being shuttled in and have ships with nigh-indestructible hulls that can destroy you in a near instant if they get a bead on you.

How much did you actually play? It sounds like you ran out into the plains for the Gara quest and then just assumed it would all be that easy. I'm not saying it's hard, or anything, but I'm saying as someone who regularly solos sorties I've been in quite a few hairy situations while playing the highest level bounties and I'm tired of people who think they're some "elite" class of player acting like PoE has exactly zero challenge in it when that's demonstrably untrue.

EDIT: Forgot, to address your, "just leave if you don't like it," being akin to some form of religious argument-- No. It's not. It has nothing to do with disproving people, either. It's something you say to someone who blatantly admits they're just being a forum lurker because they don't enjoy the game and are also proving to disagree with everything anyone says to the contrary of what they believe. Nobody will ever change your mind on anything because you don't want to have your mind changed. That's why they're telling you to just leave if you don't want to be here.

Edited by Chipputer

I will say that the resources from PoE could be better integrated. Think of special PoE missions set not on the Plains but above it... in orbit. Raiding Grineer supply galleons carrying raw resources for Eidolon research stations and rare fish for the Grineer upper class to dine on. Of course, actually going onto the Plains would still be the superior option because that way you can control what resources you get, and how much, but this can be an excellent solution to people that do want the PoE content but not the PoE gameplay.

2 hours ago, Chipputer said:

In the context of the plains it's not the individual enemies that offer the challenge. It's the fact that they're constantly being shuttled in and have ships with nigh-indestructible hulls that can destroy you in a near instant if they get a bead on you.

How much did you actually play? It sounds like you ran out into the plains for the Gara quest and then just assumed it would all be that easy. I'm not saying it's hard, or anything, but I'm saying as someone who regularly solos sorties I've been in quite a few hairy situations while playing the highest level bounties and I'm tired of people who think they're some "elite" class of player acting like PoE has exactly zero challenge in it when that's demonstrably untrue.

I played for a while immedeately after the release, got pissed off and almost deleted the game back then. Got ahold of myself and gave it a proper try. Finished Gara quest, still bought the frame anyway, cause I couldn't be bothered farming the bounties. Too repetitive and boring. I didn't play low-lvl bounties much. Played the high-lvl one for a bit, took Inaros, took Ember, took Rhino. I didn't see a reason to fight the Teralyst, cause operators gameplay. Didn't try archwings in PoE, cause fishing and mining.

So I played PoE for a couple of hours in total. Found all NPCs, seen all the stuff in Cetus. Didn't find a reason to farm anything of that and stopped. There wasn't anything else to do. Zaws and Amps didn't seem interesting (more melee weapos and laser pointers for operators? - no, thanks).

And there's nothing "elite" about it, if you played Warframe for any reasonable amount of time and have all the basic mods and gear, there's zero challenge in any content present in the game right now. Without endless missions, you barely ever meet enemies that could harm you at all (edit: you still could be randomly oneshotted by god knows what sometimes, but that's another topic entirely).

2 hours ago, Chipputer said:

EDIT: Forgot, to address your, "just leave if you don't like it," being akin to some form of religious argument-- No. It's not. It has nothing to do with disproving people, either. It's something you say to someone who blatantly admits they're just being a forum lurker because they don't enjoy the game and are also proving to disagree with everything anyone says to the contrary of what they believe. Nobody will ever change your mind on anything because you don't want to have your mind changed. That's why they're telling you to just leave if you don't want to be here.

I was sarcastic about "disproving". Of course "leave if you don't like something" is a non-argument. It's just people being toxic and incapable of offering a single valid counterpoint to anything you say. If you disagree with me, don't give me the "leave if you don't like something" treatment, and I will be polite as well. "Leave if you don't like something" is a common formula that people in this community love to use. It's incredibly toxic and kills off any possible conversation. If you can prove that I'm wrong, do it. Don't try to force me to leave, that's sick.

1 hour ago, Phobonaut said:

I will say that the resources from PoE could be better integrated. Think of special PoE missions set not on the Plains but above it... in orbit. Raiding Grineer supply galleons carrying raw resources for Eidolon research stations and rare fish for the Grineer upper class to dine on. Of course, actually going onto the Plains would still be the superior option because that way you can control what resources you get, and how much, but this can be an excellent solution to people that do want the PoE content but not the PoE gameplay.

Resources from PoE could have been our regular resources. I don't understand what was the point of introducing a completely new set of recources into the game on top of the existing ones.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

Warframe is a magic... This game will show u your Personal Character... how patient are u, how well planning person are u, how knowledgeable are u, Warframe  never asked u to do what because this games is totally planned by yourself..... Learn to learn 

1 hour ago, Phobonaut said:

I have been thinking that ever since I went out to the "content made for veteran players, don't go out at night tenno!!" joke that apparently everyone took seriously. I have wandered the plains at my leisure, and the only frame I was challenged in was ZEPHYR, my most unused frame. I ran plague star until I got sick of it. None of it is engaging or even looks like it was fully thought out. I haven't killed the eidolon not because I lack the ability but because I haven't finished War within and therefore don't have access to the combat operator yet, not like I am that inspired because Operators and POE are my least favorite part of the game so until I HAVE to use operators for everything in the game I skipped it. But that means I am prevented from even trying out Zaws because I just don't want to do any of the content required to get it.

But back to how to improve POE to something that can be at lease engaging for people who want to play different types of games in a supposedly open world map which would be entirely too easy to do. I mean do you guys realize you are defending a game map about roughly the size of GTA4? As some kinda high end presentation worthy of countless hours of gameplay to spend on? Can any of you guys tell me honestly that POE offers more engaging and interesting content and interaction as a game that came out almost 10 years ago?

The obvious resolution to POE is to make it more of sandbox game where your action have very real consequences until you extract from the board. Then tie farming to that system to milk the sandbox for mats.

They kinda have it there; hence why I call POE half finished and unpolished. Instead of making those random non-bounty alerts independent and separate events make them a chain of events and tie those events to both the grineer bases and the ships that do fly over your head, and are a challenge if it wasn't so easy to escape and offer no tangable rewards outside of bragging rights.

I have come up with an idea where instead of you wandering the plains picking up random mats and even fishing/mining, you can manipulate the grineer to do the work for you and pay them back with buckets of bullets and void powers. So while wandering on a POE free-roam, Lotus alerts you that a grineer supply drop will commence in a certain time. So you have to race towards the grineer base and make your move. You get to the base and you either infiltrate the base or wipe out the entire camp contingent and sabotage the supply drop and instead collect the supplies they were sending back up(minerals, fish, other POE mats). As soon as you do this you trigger an alert, and the surrounding grineer bases amp up security, increase in level and number, and then begin to send waves of troops to take back the base. You can keep taking them out, facing wave upon wave of troops, or you can move on and allow the grineer to reclaim the base and stand down from alert. During this cooldown phase you can now go to any other Grineer camp and call down another supply drop(say once you got the codes the first time you can hack the comms and impersonate the signal), and repeat the process all over again. Except now the units are tougher, but the mats amounts increase proportionally. You know can keep hopping from base to base, facing ever increasing powerful mods but higher rewards.  Eventually though, the amount of mobs and level become too great, or just make a cap on the total amount of rewards. Either way you now have to extract out of POE to reset the map.

I even thought up an even better thing to add on top of that and include everything currently offered. You can lure and trap the eidolon to camp a grineer base and quickly escalate the alert level. I thought that if you could keep the eidolon killing wave after wave of grineer reinforcement they initiate a final alert and summon a random boss(or even just Vey Heck, though I like the idea of random bosses) who will come down to personally handle the eidolon. You then have the choice of helping the boss to kill the eidolon or helping the eidolon kill the boss. Or you could go for the grand prize and kill both. If you help kill the eidolon, then it will try and knock the boss out first, and the fight ends as a regular eidolon fight. If you try and kill the boss, the boss will try and break your hold on the eidolon, and the fight ends like a regular boss fight. And finally if you manage to kill both, you get an extra award(I like the idea of specifically picking a list of rare prizes). They both have to die within a certain period of time after each other to count as a dual kill.

I mean I feel that's more interesting than single use missions on an open and boring expansive map. This ties the whole map into a set of interactions an engagement that requires you to interact with the environment and the mobs to extract rewards from your effort.

I don't dislike fishing, but it's not really something I want to be forced to spend time on. Let's say I need orokin cells. I can run bosses, play defense or just run different missions. If you wanna be successful in the Plains, there is no way around fishing A LOT. I can't let's say compensate a 30 Minute fishing stay with even a 2 hour tour. I think fish should occasionally drop, maybe some of the bounty missions should have fish packages as loot or sth.. IDK, but forcing people to fish even takes the fun away for me, and when a time has come, where I would actually have some fun or a relaxing time with fishing, I already hate it so much, that I really can't enjoy it.

37 minutes ago, Gnlstorm said:

It the fact... U can see some Tenno can did it while some cannot... some angry with it while some happy with it..... Maybe warframe is the unlimited reach for some types of player

It's called "survival paradox". Only people who can put up with the flaws of the game keep playing it.

I was sarcastic about "disproving". Of course "leave if you don't like something" is a non-argument. It's just people being toxic and incapable of offering a single valid counterpoint to anything you say. If you disagree with me, don't give me the "leave if you don't like something" treatment, and I will be polite as well. "Leave if you don't like something" is a common formula that people in this community love to use. It's incredibly toxic and kills off any possible conversation. If you can prove that I'm wrong, do it. Don't try to force me to leave, that's sick.

I didn't say leave because I could not come up with a better argument.
I said it because you clearly have your mind set on hating this game and have zero confidence (or "faith") in the developers.
I'm not being toxic in pointing out that sticking around on the forums to hate on the game and disagree with everyone who doesn't see the game the way you do is unproductive and is essentially a waste of time. You accuse me of sounding like a religion when you are basically sticking around on the forums to preach about why you think the game is bad.
You accuse me of being toxic when you yourself admitted that you only stick around on the forums to hate the game. 

I don't say "leave" because my feelings are hurt or I can't see things from your point of view. I say it from experience.
Sticking around the forums of a game you either hate, or don't care about, to consistently discuss your hate/dislike of the game and its developers is toxic not for the community as much as it is for yourself. You're just willingly putting yourself in a pool of hate when there are better and more productive uses of your time. No one is forcing you to do anything, this is your choice. 

When I got burnt out from Warframe earlier in 2017, I left the game and the forums. I didn't come back until this past month and I am having a good experience so far.
I lost confidence in Bungie when it came to Destiny so I left those forums. I lost confidence in Evolve as well and left those forums. No point in sticking around for a product I have zero confidence in and no one is changing my mind on that.

You don't want a conversation, you want to hate on the game and just be argumentative with people (while treating them like idiots, you have not been polite) who disagree with you or don't see things the way you do.
I have already offered my perspective from my experiences and explained that not everyone is having the same experience as you. While you may dislike/hate the resource gathering or not find any challenge with the enemies, there are people who do. A person who regularly solos sorties told you that they found some challenge. 
I don't bother to try to change your mind because you can't change a person's mind when they don't want to and/or are not open to what others have to say. AND Forums are the worst place to have "mind changing" discussions. 

Edited by Iccotak

2 hours ago, Iccotak said:

You don't want a conversation, you want to hate on the game and just be argumentative with people (while treating them like idiots, you have not been polite) who disagree with you or don't see things the way you do.

Oh gosh, here we go again. Seriously, if you were so triggered by me dispelling your fantasy, tough luck. Nothing could be done about it. Isntead of telling me to leave the game, you could have offered a single argument to support your points. You know, something more viable than "having faith in developers", without even recognizing that DE most likely don't consider 90% of their currently ingame content as a "placeholder" (to quote yourself) - and that's just one thing. I don't harbor any ill will against you, but you might want to take a note that your expectations of this game are a touch unrealistic. Maybe it's me who's too pessimistic as well, but you can't seriously think that DE would want to rework everything in the game from the bottom up. 

I can't convince you of anything if you're not willing to converse, but I could explain to you the way of thinking I use in determining my opinion of what is possible or not for this game. Whenever I come up with an idea, I take into consideration the current state of Warframe and try to "connect the dots", so to speak. I try to think through step by step the implementation of every idea I have. I don't go into small details that are beyond my knowledge like coding and such, I simply count steps and changes required. If you try looking at Warframe through the lens of this kind of thinking, you'll start seeing a natural pattern of what is achievable in the current build and what could be dismissed as a pipe dream. Distinguish what could be added in a single update, what could be added in multiple updates and what wouldn't fit in the game at all.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

I think it's cool that people enjoy it. It's not my thing. Fishing in a game never was, even in MMO's where it made sense from a crafting/gathering perspective. And I do enjoy crafting and gathering in MMO's. But to be honest, I Play Warframe because it's halo met Ninja Gaiden and had babies. If i want to relax after a few heavy duty missions, I'll log out and start up Skyrim, or Grim Dawn, or FFXIV and craft there.

It definitely feels bolted on. and out of character in a space ninja operetta. I do like PoE, it's a cool and interesting change from the instance based game. I'd like to see them explore that more, but fishing just aint my thang.

Someone above mentioned Archwings. I would definitely prefer more work on archwings then fishing. Archwings feels like a great idea, half-finished. It fits Warframes. I see Archwings and I think space ninja's meet Gundam! I see fishing and I think, uh....what? I hand my Excalibur a fishing pole and he looks at it like, what do I do with this? do i beat Grineer over the head with it? I don't get it...

2 minutes ago, temjiu said:

It definitely feels bolted on. and out of character in a space ninja operetta.

It really doesn't. I guess you guys never really hang out in the dojos where the place is filled with asian mediation gardens and ponds with koi fish. The slow elements found in the fishing and mining have always been there, just not in the regular missions.

On 12/24/2017 at 6:21 PM, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

This is not a solution, you are buying your way into what you want.  And it would result in plat farming as being a necessity in the game rather than alternative.

And it would encourage pay to play mentality.

And alot of you are missing the point of why people hate fishing. They don't want to sit in one spot and do something they don't enjoy because they need to acquire rewards. There us fundamentally no difference between standing around on POE and standing around on Maroo's Bazaar waiting for fish to show up and getting them. Except I am sure trading, even in MAroo's bazaar, isn't anywhere near as interesting as fishing is, or even as lucrative when you consider the time per sale vs time per fish.  So that's a solution that is just as equally nonviable and un-engaging as fishing.

You guys literally recommend using a even more boring and ininspired system as an alternative to another boring and uninspired system.

Meanwhile what I proposed would allow you to play the game you want to play and take those direct rewards and convert them to the rewards you want, without a middle man, and as smooth and as easy as people now collect Endo and Ducats.

I am not asking for an easier way or less effort to acquire items. I am saying DE should think about how to make systems where people can take their effort in one part of the game and apply it to any other part of the game, especially in acquiring mats and parts. Trading doesn't even remotely cover that function, though it could. But that would require an even more radical change to the game than what I am proposing.

I think I wasn't clear enough.. I absolutely love POE. I hope by this time next year we get one open world map per planet. However, I will never be down with fishing, I dislike it to put it lightly in real life too. Mining is even worse. 

Trade chat was always there as an equalizer, well actually not. I played this game before you could trade Prime items. But it's there and I'll be honest. If it wasn't I would never reach even 500 hours.  It's there as 1, way to circumvent your own bad rng, 2. as another avenue of the game to be mastered.

All I asked, and nobody answered.. can I buy from other players all the parts to make best Zaws? or do I have to fish and mine to acquire standing in some of POE "syndicates" to actually get them. 

I could spend hours in POE doing random missions, taking down Eidolons, i just won't ever spend my time on fishing, and drawing on rocks simulator. That's not why I play WF.