Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.3

[DE]darryl1

• New Ammo Mutator mods: converts unused ammo to select ammo type (Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle, Sniper, Bow).
  • Rewards

250 points: All 5 mods

150 points: 4 mods

100 points : 3 mods

All contributing players receive 2 mods

So according to the post and the wiki there are 5 mods to gain for 250 pts correct? How is Bow its own ammo type unless something changed I believe Bow drew from the Sniper ammo pool. Is this a mistake or has something else changed?

New nightmare mode needs toning down. No shields, timer, and no energy? I got Stalker on that run too. lolol

Make the individual effects less extreme or make only one of them obtain at once. No shields, energy or mini-map all at once just makes missions unplayable, even if you're optimized otherwise.

what happen to the foundry i like the way it was.....it was more suitable

agree, now i have a lot of trouble to find what i am looking for

maybe u can give us the 2 options, that would be perfect

• Fixed speed run exploit in Obstacle Course.

Awesome but sucky D':

Awesome the fact they can't start and win in like 3 seconds (which was most likely what you wanted)

Sucky the fact that i can't race with my clan members anymore... now i really need to add more obstacle courses (as entering the obstacle course w/o activation wont work)

Suggestion? you should make it possible for multiple people to race each other in one obstacle course...

Edited by shirokuro

• Fixed some "stuck" issues relating to Ash's Bladestorm ability.

Great update and I am enjoying the new interface and UI changes. The above happend to me once which was annoying but good to see it fixed now. Now I am going to try out the new event before its too late.

Regarding the UI, I'm not fan of the narrow font.

But worse, the UI is way too bright now...

Changing the Brightness in the options will only make it darker on the missions, and the UI keeps being eye-gouging.

• Energy color clamped between 25%-65% luminance, sunglasses no longer required.

The power color should be adjusted for each color so that it reflects the color in the pallet. 

For example, even before this update: powers with red as the chosen color would come out as a pale pinkish. Brown came out as a tan color. Green, even when a darker color is selected, came out as mint.

Now, after this update, most colors suffer from this low saturation. Orange and golden colors are all tan, and even hot pink is rather dull looking.

However, I did notice that red is a much more red color; does this perhaps mean that colors like red and green actually suffered from the high luminance, as some strange side effect of the shader?

Ramps to show examples of the colors from before 9.3:

wfored.png

wfopink.png

wfogold.png

Ramps to show examples of the colors after 9.3:

wfnred.png

wfnpink.png

wfngold.png

As you can see, it seems that the shader handles certain colors so higher luminance makes them more white (E.G. red, green, navy blue.), while other colors higher luminance makes them more colorful (E.G. pink, cyan, orange).

The best thing to do is to make it so the colors accurately reflect the color shown in the pallet; they should match the energy color properly instead of being too dull or too bright.

This can be done by adjusting the luminance properly for some of the colors that are an exception.

Maybe bring down luminance for red and green colors, keeping the old luminance for everything else. Then you can use some sort of method to bring down the brightness and not the luminance, so colors like pink aren't too bright.

Edited by Lyyti

Just had a run in new Nightmare Mode.

THANK YOU DE.

I never thought that i would need to alter my gameplay so drastically for s single mission.

Also i now know where to use my bow and why those weapons in the game.

Never was in a mission that encourages stealth that much.

Thank you again.

Posted · Hidden by [DE]Rebecca, July 29, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by [DE]Rebecca, July 29, 2013 - No reason given

Just had a run in new Nightmare Mode.

THANK YOU DE.

I never thought that i would need to alter my gameplay so drastically for s single mission.

Also i now know where to use my bow and why those weapons in the game.

Never was in a mission that encourages stealth that much.

Thank you again.

Please don't encourage this kind of idiotic balancing in the future. Or at all, preferably you little brown noser.

DE Nightmare isn't nightmare it's just plain tedious considering I have to run hours and hours like a mindless chicken on your randomly generated maps and for what? A DUAL MOD! A SINGLE DUAL MOD! YOU MUST BE INSANE TO THINK THEY ARE WORTH MY SANITY!

Please don't encourage this kind of idiotic balancing in the future. Or at all, preferably you little brown noser.

oh please. New nightmare mode is the best what happened to the game since Vauban warframe.

And also brown noser? i know you guys will cry a river very soon about new Nightmare. But as it now, i go with Paris Prime, Despair and Fang Prime very sneaky like.

Because otherwise i will very dead and that is great.

And if you can't handle it... well... But Nightmare should be optional anyway, there must be a choice do people want dual mods or they don't. Also 8 hours of Nightmared Kappa is not that fun.

• New Ammo Mutator mods: converts unused ammo to select ammo type (Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle, Sniper, Bow).

Funny thing is Sniper and Bow are the same thing, unless they intend on splitting up their ammo types after this patch??