Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does critical proc affect status damage in any way?

blueboy90780

Question

16 answers to this question

I am very confused by your wording. There is no such thing as a "critical proc" (it's a hit) and there is no such thing as "status damage" (although a couple of status, such as bleed of heat, include damage over time).

However, a critical hit (not proc) multiplies all damage, including elemental damage. If a damaging element procs (bleed, heat, toxin), then the damage over time it deals is also multiplied by the critical multiplier.

As for critical weapons being generally more used... it depends on the element, on the build, on the enemy. There is no simple generalization. There was a time when critical damage was king, but now there are many interesting status-intensive builds.

according to wikia it does

Mods adding base or toxin damage and combo multipliers will increase the damage of the Poison ticks. If a proc occurs together with a headshot and/or critical hit, the ticks are also affected by their respective multipliers. In case of melee weapons, another 8x stealth damage multiplier is applied to the ticks if the Warframe is in a stealthed state.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Toxin

The short answer is no. It is calculated the same across the board. Obviously using a status on something that it is weak towards will increase the total damage, but that doesn't mean it is making the crit damage stronger in that calculation. 

Example:

Ferrite armor (not using corrosive) 100 damage x 3 crit = 300 damage. 

Ferrite armor (using corrosive) 100 damage + 75% (corrosive) x 3 crit = 525 damage. 

^^^ 

the above example is obviously extremely basic, but since corrosive gives a 75% damage increase vs ferrite armored units, but the crit calculation remains the same, its the weakness to that status that is increasing the damage. 

Edited by IamRageypoo

14 minutes ago, IamRageypoo said:

The short answer is no. It is calculated the same across the board. Obviously using a status on something that it is weak towards will increase the total damage, but that doesn't mean it is making the crit damage stronger in that calculation. 

Example:

Ferrite armor (not using corrosive) 100 damage x 3 crit = 300 damage. 

Ferrite armor (using corrosive) 100 damage + 75% (corrosive proc) x 3 crit = 525 damage. 

^^^ 

the above example is obviously extremely basic, but since corrosive proc gives a 75% damage increase vs ferrite armored units, your damage when you proc a status chance is going to increase, but the crit calculation remains the same, its the weakness to that status that is increasing the damage. 

not quite what op was asking. what they meant was if you score a critical hit at the same time as, say, a slash proc. would the bleed tics be more powerful because of the fact the shot dealt more damage? or would the bleed tics be based on the regular non-critical damage

2 minutes ago, IamRageypoo said:

My understanding was that the status damage didn't apply unless you had a proc, apparently it has separate damage independent of the proc, so my bad. 

I'll edit my original post. 

yeah elemental damage will always apply, the status chance affects the bonus effect. Bleeding from slash, armour reduction from corrosive, max health reduction from viral ect

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel

4 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

not quite what op was asking. what they meant was if you score a critical hit at the same time as, say, a slash proc. would the bleed tics be more powerful because of the fact the shot dealt more damage? or would the bleed tics be based on the regular non-critical damage

In my experience (and I could be wrong) the crit damage applies to the proc damage for something like slash or gas. It would not have any effect on viral or corrosive procs (like it wouldn't strip more armor, or reduce more health) but if for something like a slash damage, yes a critical increases the damage tremendously per tick. 

1 hour ago, blueboy90780 said:

It wasn't clearly mentioned while I was reading up on damage 2.0. And if it doesn't does that mean critical-based weapon can be used more generically than elemental-based weapons?

10 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

The answer to that question is yes.

A slash proc is based on the slash damage that the weapon has at the moment of application including multipliers. So crits will multiply the slash proc by the multiplier amount. Same goes for condition overload and finishers.

Ofc only for damaging procs that work on % of the weapons damage.

Edited by Airwolfen

When I use Vectis to test the slash status effect I got this result below

250 slash dmg per/sec for non-critical shot

800 slash dmg per/sec for Critical shot

And guess what?

Critical Multiplier was set in 3.2x and I find the formula here (which is unsurprised)

250 * 3.2x = 800

It means if you can reach double 100% chance and you should do it

But I think is better to choice Corrosive when you can get 100% status chance

Cause the status effect was calculate before the physical dmg create

By the way,the slash dmg p/s is not calculate the armor (which is mean penetration)

So don't put Corrosive and slash main in same weapon (They don't create more dmg to each other)

Am 25.10.2017 um 13:17 schrieb blueboy90780:

It wasn't clearly mentioned while I was reading up on damage 2.0. And if it doesn't does that mean critical-based weapon can be used more generically than elemental-based weapons?

Yep. Damaging status is fully affected by:

Basedamage mods

Crit multipliers

Headshots

Stealth multipliers (on melee of course, not by combo or stance multipliers tho.)

And elemental status (fire, poison/gas, electric etc) in addition by mods according to theyr element (only poison mods for gas, keep that in mind)

Note that the damage slash status does is NOT affected by slash mods, but it's doing finisher damage so that's cool too.