Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Twitch Drops System Change

[DE]Taylor

1 hour ago, xxxkillermia said:

The thing is they are already getting paid to stream in most cases, they don't need anything else because of their viewers.

I myself stream and I am saying that any one who is getting free content because they get a load of viewers shouldn't, I've spent over 1k+ on audio equipment and I do it as a hobby not for profiteering.

As for the whole marketing thing usually you give all your customers the same benefit because it promotes positive growth, yeah you might want to give to your bigger spenders but if you treat every one the same then how can they get pissed off?; You can't lose business that way some one can't say " well I spent 1,000 dollars on this product so I deserve more then this consumer" that logic just doesn't make sense, people look at that person funny and are like what the hell.

I've worked retail and people who demand extras when every one is served the same is usually full of crap, any one who usually treats some consumers better just because they give more usually lose out on the smaller clients which results in bigger loses in the long run. 

Like when companies care more about their stock holders then their consumer base (Blizzard)

You are being ridiculous. 

If I had a product to sell where my target market was the Twitch demographic and audience, hell yes I would be incentivizing streamers to use my product. I'd be a moron not to.

I have clients that spend $10,000 per month with me. I have others who spend $1,000 per month. When I have a bunch of emails and message to return, which ones do you think get answered first? It doesn't mean the others do not get answered or do not get great service, but I prioritize where my biggest profits are coming from.

I've been a part of membership sites or clubs that offer different rewards at different membership levels. Hell, even AAA does it. If you are a gold member, you get better service than a silver member. 

What DE is doing with Twitch is basically free advertising for the game. It would be hard to find a way to advertise a game like this less expensively while reaching such a wide audience. Why in the hell would they not incentivize the streamers? 

Whilst this is kinda good it also is bad. This means now one guy will have everybody on him (the fastest one to get achievements) and the rest nobody :I

I know alot of people were afking but there was also alot of people watching and following those people.

Welp, there goes all incentive I had for watching streams. I seriously only bothered setting up a Twitch account for the loot. Screw watching someone else play.

22 hours ago, (PS4)TehMunkeyKing said:

The bigger issue is streamers making new accounts to farm achievements. To paraphrase what I heard from another streamer comment on Warframe's Twitch Drops program, there's a lack of broadcaster/viewer interaction going on. Viewers are just opening up streams and leaving them on in the background with the sound muted or something similar. They're basically human viewbots. The growth and viewership is artificial if all people are doing is grinding the drops. It gamifies the system. 

The issue wasn't streamers making new accounts, the issue was that every drop worth a damn was tied to seeing a streamer get an achievement. And once an account has a achievement it can't be gotten again. If the majority of drops weren't tied to that, there'd be no incentive for streamers to make new accounts.

1 hour ago, Very_Melon said:

Can't wait for new weapons requiring 50 Nitain because "we can't devalue the """work""" of other players".

Patch notes: "Forma'ing a weapon now requires 50 Starbursts and 5 Grand Finales on top of the original requirements. This change was made to balance the ever-increasing availability of items in the game. On a side note, your weapons now shoot out fireworks 1 out of 100 kills". 

Well the event was ending yesterday or today, but was postponed to Nov 2. By the same day, we get this, so basically the event ended. Watching one stream to get random drops of starbusts is not worth that much (unless you like the streamer etc).

21 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno,

For those of you who have been participating as a viewer or a streamer in The Great Eidolon Twitch Drops event, Twitch recently implemented a change to Twitch Drops that you should know about:

To quote from the most recent iteration of Twitch's official How to Earn Drops page, “your chances of receiving a Drop do not increase by having multiple streams of the same game open simultaneously”. 

You can read more about Twitch Drops here: https://help.twitch.tv/customer/en/portal/articles/2754380-how-to-earn-drops

Interested in learning more about Warframe's Twitch Drop campaign, the Great Eidolon Hunt? You can receive Drops simply from watching your favourite Warframe caster until Nov 2! Full details are available in our news post: https://www.warframe.com/news/the-great-eidolon-hunt

Cheers,
[DE]Taylor
:community:

And now twitch drops are absolutely useless... because you get like 1-2 mails with only starbursts in a hour.... absolutely pointless. with at least 20-40 messages per hour that could still have a point.... but at this rate - nope. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2017 at 5:51 PM, Jade-Lotus said:

Can we get a more reliable source for Snipetron blueprints then?

Are you serious? If that's true screw getting all the nitain extract and the three vectis primes I got from twitch drops. I'd gladly trade 70 nitains and three vectis primes for a classic snipetron blueprint. As a MR 24 player who joined soon after the original snipetron was retired, I want every single piece of mastery rank fodder I can get

On 10/27/2017 at 6:10 PM, (XB1)G R A V O C said:

If DE wants to do this promotion more in the future, they will need to tweak the reward chances with this change in mind. Spending all day with Twitch on, just to get 50 fireworks, a couple forma, a Orokin Reactor, and Latron blueprints isn't worth it.

So true!

To Twitch, I have to Say. "Welcome to the efficiency of the Warframe community."

Warframe has taught us well, my dear Tenno, Warframe has taught us well. 

Right now, I'm looking for that unfollow button. I was only ever interested in Twitch to watch Devsteams and Steve's streams.

Soo anyone have this issue?? -- somebody figured out how to solve?

I am having a problem to link my twitch account with my warframe account it have this message on my account: "Twitch Sync: Linked to Could not find, check back later.. Click here to unlink" and when i click to unlik appers: "WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING AN ISSUE WITH TWITCH DELINKING AND ARE WORKING ON FIXING IT." I want to know how to fix it as soon as possible to earn the gifts from twitch prime + event

t3mF7Ca.png

I will just lose everything? -- no way back -- no gifts -- no fireworks for me? (:v) and nitain

Edited by Simtcha

1 hour ago, Blazability said:

People complaining about doing nothing for free drops. Classic Warframe.

Let me explain human nature to you, who obviously lacks anything of the kind. When something is promised to a person, and is not delivered, that person will feel resentment and general dissatisfaction. This manifests as anger and frustration directed at the individual or group that made said promise. The specifics of the promise itself is irrelevant to these feelings. I realize this is a mind-blowing revelation, but try not to let it overwhelm you.

1 hour ago, Renthrak said:

Let me explain human nature to you, who obviously lacks anything of the kind. When something is promised to a person, and is not delivered, that person will feel resentment and general dissatisfaction. This manifests as anger and frustration directed at the individual or group that made said promise. The specifics of the promise itself is irrelevant to these feelings. I realize this is a mind-blowing revelation, but try not to let it overwhelm you.

So what you're basically telling me is the Warframe community is becoming Rick and Morty's crappy fanbase over the McDonalds meme sauce incident. Got it.