Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Move all content to Open world

Mell

I see no issue with simply opening new open world areas on each planet, maybe 2 or more on the same one in future, maybe with some better interaction between the old and new areas, because Cetus/The Plains may as well be on another planet that is not Earth, it's not interacting with the normal Earth tiles at all..

It might be unpopular opinion, but I actually enjoy sneaking or rushing through narrow corridors of Corpus Ship or Grineer Galleon more than sightseeing and exploring the open world area. Plains are a nice addition, because it introduces more variety to the game, but older tilesets prove not everything has to follow the open world trend (often leading to boring gameplay) to be fun.

On 29/10/2017 at 1:39 AM, Mell said:

Maybe that's what i want. I have played to much warframe and i love the combat system but am sick of the corridor aspect. Ill just stick to the open world for now.

No thanks, I’ve played over 4 years and personally do not like POE for combat, every frame would need a rework to account for many skills being worthless/useless and not suited for open world, many weapons would need either deleting entirely or massive reworks, enemies would need actual AI as opposed to the stupidness hey currently suffer from, actual damage drop off, range, and other mechanics to stop enemies having 100% accuracy at 500m would need to be added.

basically it would take DE 3/4 years minimum, and that’s if we got no new content for 4 years and they solely worked on that, basically the game would die because without content there wouldn’t be income for DE

On 10/28/2017 at 10:28 PM, Unus said:

According to the bosses, the plan is to utilize both at the same time assuming Cetus is a proper success. That means, if Eidolon doesn't stop being attractive and fun for a large portion of people (the ones who likely never talk on the forums) for the rest of October and all of November, they plan to launch a Venusian tile set at some point in the future, while keeping the main-game still flowing through questing. I have very little doubt that they won't do the same if that to is successful, likely aiming at the Infested or Corrupted after that, and doing the "missing one" after that.

With no real way to control this, keep fingers crossed that Cetus is declared a By-Digital-Standards success.

So we can get another open world with exclusive resources and grinding for standing so that we can buy things to grind for more standing in that area? POE, I think, will fade as sson as everyone has the rewards from it, precisely because it is so walled off. None of the resources are in the other maps, nothing transitions between the tw0, the bounty missions are a massive time sink for waht they reward outside of standing. If 2 months is "success" that is jumping the gun, give everyone 3-4 months to get everything from POE and it will drop off.  Because you can't grind relics there, you can't open relics there, you can't grind for non-POE resources there, you can't get focus there (or not much), or Kuva (much) or cryotic, or Nintain, etc, etc, etc.

They should have given us a huge gameplay update building on what we had, not walling something off completely like POE is.

Edited by Shockwave-

2 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

So we can get another open world with exclusive resources and grinding for standing so that we can buy things to grind for more standing in that area? POE, I think, will fade as sson as everyone has the rewards from it, precisely because it is so walled off. None of the resources are in the other maps, nothing transitions between the tw0, the bounty missions are a massive time sink for waht they reward outside of standing. If 2 months is "success" that is jumping the gun, give everyone 3-4 months to get everything from POE and it will drop off.  Because you can't grind relics there, you can't open relics there, you can't grind for non-POE resources there, you can't get focus there (or not much), or Kuva (much) or cryotic, or Nintain, etc, etc, etc.

They should have given us a huge gameplay update building on what we had, not walling something off completely like POE is.

I apologize if I have angered you with my statement, I am merely parroting what our Overlords have told us. 

Placing my actual opinion on the table, I feel there are two major pieces that Eidolon offers the rest of the game.

1. With a simple investment of efficiently invested time and basic Orokin tech adjustments around the edges (gilding), some Zaws are capable of rivaling some of the most powerful weapons in the entire game (Though not all thankfully. "Supplement, not supplant" should remain a golden rule weaponwise.

2. The Void-blasters are extremely effective for other missions, sometimes even being outright superior to anything a Warframe can offer, especially when augmented with the Quill's special blend of herbs and tech-splices.

Beyond those, all I hear is an echo chamber of salient points.

This 'open world' isn't an actual open world.  This is a sandbox, a very small sandbox, with the limit of 4 players / box. And then an attached town with 50ish players in it at all times, making it a complete lagfest for everyone, with NO reason for it.  PoE was a great idea that is just horrible in reality.  Just like 'operator battles' it's a VERY wrong step in a VERY wrong direction from what makes Warframe, Warframe.