Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ways to make trial missions (raids) more appealing and fun.

Onyx_Warframe

Currently, the trial missions aren't in the best spot. When i started playing a year ago, I was excited to try the raids my friends told me about. Turns out, the raids aren't completely boring but I felt as though they weren't doing their jobs. At the moment, the most efficient way to run them is to have a specific comp of warframes, crowd control everything and complete the objective without killing a single enemy. I personally think that trial missions would be more appealing if they were actually forcing you to take down those tough enemies.

With that being said, I'd like to suggest the following tweaks and changes:

-Divide parts of the maps into "areas" and have the players kill all the enemies in the area they are currently in to access the next part of the map and progress.

-Add a crowd control cooldown on enemies so that they cannot be chain CC'd to death. This would diversify team comps making utility frames with no hard CC more appealing.

-Add a chance for riven mods to drop at the end of the third mission.

Feel free to leave a comment if you agree/disagree or if you'd like to add something to the suggestion list. :cool:

Edited by Onyx_Warframe

The reason people dislike raids is because it is a mode that forces you to get cooperative.

They aren't challenging unless you make them challenging for yourself (pushing your speed limits for a personal best which can be seen on trials.wf).

95% of the arcanes need an overhaul (resistance arcanes are garbage).

I think trials just need some TLC and bug fixes. We don't need to dilute pools further with riven mods. I think most of the arcanes we have now just need buffs. 

Adding artificial gates to the speed of the mission is quite honestly a bad idea given how boring PoE is because of this *cough daily quills standing cap*.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

4 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

Raids should just be simple, huge boss with insane amount of hp and one before battle area where you have to solve a puzzle and/or kill all enemies.

They already are simple. The only challenge in trials is finding a squad with a good host who actually leads the team. Communication is necessary for efficient runs as well. As a host myself I do expect some stuff from my team, but you make certain calls such as:

- which pad in security stage (Ex: right2, front left hack)

- Clears in transport (c1, c2, c3, c4, c5/safe)

- If your team is unorganized, state the order for bombs in last stage.

The game mode itself from a mechanics stand point couldn't be farther from complex.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

They already are simple. The only challenge in trials is finding a squad with a good host who actually leads the team. Communication is necessary for efficient runs as well.

The game mode itself from a mechanics stand point couldn't be farther from complex.

Well, yea, maybe ''simple'' isn't the right word here, ''straigh-forward'' perhaps is better.

Just now, Nakrast said:

Well, yea, maybe ''simple'' isn't the right word here, ''straigh-forward'' perhaps is better.

They are pretty straight forward...

Stage 1) Blow up 4 injectors using console in middle to drop bomb, then hacking panels after 48% to unlock injectors for destruction.

Stage 2) Security: Hack panels and match symbols with pads.

Transport: Drive core and use pads to prevent core from zapping.

Stage 3) Grab bomb and blow up towers. Once all towers are flaming, you can kill Vay Hek.

@--Q--Voltage Indeed, and that's the main problem with those missions in my opinion, the only time you'll actually fight is when killing Vay Hek, which is sad considered how much fun it would be if killing the mobs was the optimal way to complete them. You'd actually need to cooperate with your teammates to take them down in large numbers because of how hard they are to kill.

Edited by Onyx_Warframe

How about just make them more accessible? Their reward are mostly trash and it's a pain to host one in the first place and on top of that you need a team that can actually accomplish it. And don't forget how you need to fail JV once to get access to later stages (what), talk about flawed design...:facepalm:

Edited by Marvelous_A

34 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The reason people dislike raids is because it is a mode that forces you to get cooperative.

They aren't challenging unless you make them challenging for yourself (pushing your speed limits for a personal best which can be seen on trials.wf).

95% of the arcanes need an overhaul (resistance arcanes are garbage).

I think trials just need some TLC and bug fixes. We don't need to dilute pools further with riven mods. I think most of the arcanes we have now just need buffs. 

Adding artificial gates to the speed of the mission is quite honestly a bad idea given how boring PoE is because of this *cough daily quills standing cap*.

I agree almost entirely.

31 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

Raids should just be simple, huge boss with insane amount of hp and one before battle area where you have to solve a puzzle and/or kill all enemies.

They already are simple, boss has, in LoRN, a large pull and there are puzzles

31 minutes ago, Onyx_Warframe said:

@--Q--VoltageWell the idea behind adding artificial gates is that it would actually force you to kill the mobs instead of CCing and running past them,

Go play Jordas Verdict. 

Trials have been designed to force people to team regardless of their desire to do so. There are mechanics that are trivial other than your ability to find/convince someone to do as they're told. This is essentially proxy PvP, the difficulty is in the selection (rejecting people who you suspect will ruin your game experience) and the regulation of other players, not in the actual gameplay itself.

Unlike the rest of the game, trials are aggressively anti-player content. They exist to foster obligation and dependence which is used in other games to extend commitment to a game past a player's normal desire to play, but it also completely fails to do this warframe for a number of reasons (notably the non-subscription model, and the flat-broad progression mechanism)

It's functionally wasted content, it should be redesigned to scale down to one player just like the rest of the game, if people find teaming more fun that completing it solo, then they will team naturally, if not then all you are doing is forcing players to drag other players into something they don't want to do in order to acquire unique rewards.

Trials are a net-negative to the game, their existence makes the game worse.

However hate the raids just because it forces to co-operative is just silly because I have a scoop ... WARFRAME IS A COOPERATIVE GAME. The raids force cooperation is what makes them great, I do as much as possible and I still have fun. The only real problem with it is the number of bug and the fact that it is only 3 (2) different.